New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im with you on this one.....if you take the fans out of the equation, surely its imperative we do this quickly so certain players can have some reassurances and commit to the club...

Imagine if Utd bid for Eriksen...?

What should we tell him....."no you shouldnt go there under LvG... stay here and in a few months I will tell you who is going to be your manager. Oh, and if we miss out on the rest of our targets, it could be Les Ferdinand until Christmas.."

Although I get what you mean, on a side note I can't see Les staying around much - he's been clinging to Tim a little bit this last few months, so I'd be a little disappointed if we kept him on instead of bringing in an experienced coach

I believe Pulis does well with making 'smaller' teams achieve beyond their bar, by implementing solid, safe, defensive football and playing better than the sum of their parts. So in meeting season objectives of avoiding relegation - A+

Managing a Top 6 side with international stars and Top 4 expectations - not sure. Perhaps he needs to have a stint in a mid-table club first and take it from there.

However - what I do find interesting (as mentioned few days earlier) is how little the media pay attention to him even though he achieved so much more last season than someone like Pochettino for example. I guess he's not a very 'marketable' chap.

Poch helped players like Lallana and the big striker break out though among others, English lads playing good attacking footy. Pulis generally doesn't have any stand out players other than afew DMs who specialize in late tackles and sly elbows. Pulis is a good manager but seems very one dimensional.

Some managers play attacking ( to win) football , some don't . Some are tatically minded and others play law of averages. There are different levels of coaches that suit different standards and expectations. Pulis couldn't be further from the ethos that THFC promote.

If FDB the best man, then just go and get him. Let's start in harmony with him and not under a cloud of deception. Why are we waiting for other events to dictate to us? All this waiting for the CL to pass, the WC - let's see who gets sacked? It's not good business.

Can someone phone Levy doing a Liam Neeson Impression and say the following please:

"For every extra day from now you waste trawling through De Boer's contract looking at pointless things like a car parking allowance I will kill a member of your family"

See if that gets anything rolling, doubt it knowing him

If you just need someone that does a good Northern Ireland accent, I know a few people who could fit the bill.

If FDB the best man, then just go and get him. Let's start in harmony with him and not under a cloud of deception. Why are we waiting for other events to dictate to us? All this waiting for the CL to pass, the WC - let's see who gets sacked? It's not good business.
Completely agree with this sentiment. But I,d do it with Pochettino.

COYS!!

It's all speculation though isn't it. For all we know FDB has been offered the job and politely turned it down. Or we are waiting on him because he wants to wait and see if a better opportunity comes available for him before he settles for us...I do hope it gets sorted sooner rather than later though

Personally I would go for Pochettino because I've seen his Southampton team a good few times and they play excellent attacking football. I've not really seen Ajax so don't know what sort of football they play. FDB's record is very impressive on paper but so is Neil Lennons and I don't see anyone saying he should be the next boss.

I think the biggest problem is whoever comes in will devide the fan base and unless they hit the ground running and win their first three or four games will get people calling for his head like AVB did.

Patience is the key and I'm happy for a season where we don't make a sustained top four challenge as long as you can see the team is building towards something. Like Liverpool two seasons ago.

:rolleyes:All I would like to see is those fans who consistantly enjoy getting a buzz out of being negative to the new manager being outed and put into stocks outside their local pubs and pelted with horse shit!:eek:

:rolleyes:All I would like to see is those fans who consistantly enjoy getting a buzz out of being negative to the new manager being outed and put into stocks outside their local pubs and pelted with horse shit!:eek:
Why waste horseshit like that?

It's all speculation though isn't it. For all we know FDB has been offered the job and politely turned it down. Or we are waiting on him because he wants to wait and see if a better opportunity comes available for him before he settles for us...I do hope it gets sorted sooner rather than later though
We need to behave as a big club and if a manager turns us down , we move on to the next and not allow him the opportunity again. Its he's loss. I am aware we may lose out sometimes. We are a big club and we should start behaving as one, then maybe we can expect to be seen and treated as one by managers and players.

We need to get tough.

Although I get what you mean, on a side note I can't see Les staying around much - he's been clinging to Tim a little bit this last few months, so I'd be a little disappointed if we kept him on instead of bringing in an experienced coach

Well Les was just an example of the level we sometimes operate at.....

The main point was it is important to get this done quickly, with so many players seemingly willing to leave amid the farce that has become of all our big plans for them.

Point in case today....Sandro's agent saying he wants out...its a lot easier to quit when you have no idea who's coming in.

Had we tied up FDB, or LvG or whoever, and they had met with the players, it could change minds.

Well Les was just an example of the level we sometimes operate at.....

The main point was it is important to get this done quickly, with so many players seemingly willing to leave amid the farce that has become of all our big plans for them.

Point in case today....Sandro's agent saying he wants out...its a lot easier to quit when you have no idea who's coming in.

Had we tied up FDB, or LvG or whoever, and they had met with the players, it could change minds.

I know they haven't met him (or her, who knows!!) but didnt BushHill have a good source who suggested they know who is coming in, it's just under wraps for the moment

I know they haven't met him (or her, who knows!!) but didnt BushHill have a good source who suggested they know who is coming in, it's just under wraps for the moment

Possibly....ITK, pinch of salt as far as Im concerned.....

If true, then I guess he wasnt Sandro's first choice then...!

The beast? No never, no one has ever been more committed to the cause...... He's proper Spurs we should make him captain and all sorts apparently.

The beast? No never, no one has ever been more committed to the cause...... He's proper Spurs we should make him captain and all sorts apparently.

And remember "Sandro is THFC"....
:defoe:

But Im sure we hear how Sherwood scarred him for life soon, and that Sandro really wanted to play for us, but the physcological damage from playing box to box for 4 games has caused a shock reaction and now the poor, poor sod needs a re-hab style transfer to Serie A...

I believe Pulis does well with making 'smaller' teams achieve beyond their bar, by implementing solid, safe, defensive football and playing better than the sum of their parts. So in meeting season objectives of avoiding relegation - A+

Managing a Top 6 side with international stars and Top 4 expectations - not sure. Perhaps he needs to have a stint in a mid-table club first and take it from there.

However - what I do find interesting (as mentioned few days earlier) is how little the media pay attention to him even though he achieved so much more last season than someone like Pochettino for example. I guess he's not a very 'marketable' chap.

Very true, Pulis is a very good manager in terms traditional skills, getting the best out of players, making players play as a team, he is apparently very tough and good at dealing with ego from what has been said (might be good for us). Problem is that the football at Stoke was somewhat dull and people remember, that being said his football at Palace ain't bad at all.

If it is just about results I suspect Pulis would be probably better than FDB or Poch as he wouldn't be to worried about a certain style or system, maybe sort of like Benitez, a pragmatist who just works with what he has. Thing is we are Spurs and we demand a degree of classy football as well as victories and that might be the downfall. He is a good manager but probably not very marketable.

Back
Top Bottom