New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't agree with that. It's also about fan base and wealth. United and Liverpool have both trailed us at various points recently, but there is no question that their fandom and wealth far outweighs ours. That's just fact, whether we like it or not. Therefore it follows that when clubs like that have a dip they have the better reputation and financial power to recover.

You missed my point a bit. I didn't phrase it great. I largely dismiss the squabbling over who is a "bigger" club. It's menial to me. My point was it doesn't matter during a season who the big club is. We're theoretically "bigger" then Everton but they finished above. United are certainly "bigger" than us but they finished below us.

It's an arbitrary concept that lacks practical value IMO. The only real use it has is for fans to bicker with other clubs.

You missed my point a bit. I didn't phrase it great. I largely dismiss the squabbling over who is a "bigger" club. It's menial to me. My point was it doesn't matter during a season who the big club is. We're theoretically "bigger" then Everton but they finished above. United are certainly "bigger" than us but they finished below us.

It's an arbitrary concept that lacks practical value IMO. The only real use it has is for fans to bicker with other clubs.
If United finish fifth next year and (for the sake of hypotheticals) Villa finish fourth, which team has a greater chance of building themselves up for a title challenge the following year?

Liverpool appointed Brendan Rodgers in 2012, in the same season his Swansea side finished three places below them. If the man is good enough for the job, then it doesn't matter if his team finished below the season beforehand (his Southampton team have much smaller budget to work with than Spurs do).

Arrigo Sacchi was in charge of a Serie B team when Berlusconi appointed him as manager of AC Milan, yet within two seasons he won the European Cup with the Nerazzuri!
Rodgers replaced Dalglish, did Pool fans regularly insult him, call him a dimwit, know nothing, etc. I doubt it.

Frank de Boer he is the man
Can he do the job
Well yes he can!!

Can't see it now.

Read this on SSN:

Bayer Leverkusen striker Arkadiusz Milik is set for a summer switch to Dutch giants Ajax, according to reports in Poland. The 20-year-old Polish international has spent the season on loan at Bundesliga sideAugsburg, where he scored two goals in 18 games. He is set to become Frank De Boer’s second signing following the arrival ofRichairo Zivkovic from fellow Eredivisie side FC Gronigen.

Sounds very much like de Boer is rebuilding at Ajax, so I take it that he's not expecting, or planning, to leave.

Can't see it now.

Read this on SSN:

Bayer Leverkusen striker Arkadiusz Milik is set for a summer switch to Dutch giants Ajax, according to reports in Poland. The 20-year-old Polish international has spent the season on loan at Bundesliga sideAugsburg, where he scored two goals in 18 games. He is set to become Frank De Boer’s second signing following the arrival ofRichairo Zivkovic from fellow Eredivisie side FC Gronigen.

Sounds very much like de Boer is rebuilding at Ajax, so I take it that he's not expecting, or planning, to leave.

Ajax take care of their business quickly and efficiently so as to not have to tangle with Europe's now bigger guns later in the window, so I think he's just doing things as usual. Wouldn't necessarily rule him out on this basis.

Can't see it now.

Read this on SSN:

He not out of the running, bookies still have him at second favourite.

Interesting ITK from Atlanta Yid, who has a solid track record:

Who: Atlanta Yid
Date: 14th May
Where: COYS

"The Owner wants Pochettino
The Chairman wants a fat spanish waiter"

Still hoping de Boer is given an interview before a decision is made.

He correctly mentioned Lewis signing over a donation towards the stadium last year, but I'm not aware of anything else.

why do all these supposed ITK wankers always speak in code?
its pretty obvious that it will be the Poch, TS's firing nicely coincided with the Poch's showdown with Southampton's management and FDB if dutch media is to be believed has already said his out of the running as he wants to coach Ajax next year.
although I like poch I feel FDB would be a better choice in the long run and much harder for levy to justify firing also poch reminds me a little to much of AVB but regardless not the worst outcome..

I don't think any player should undermine a manager in front of everyone, be it in the dressing room in front of the other players or in the press. I'm fine with him "airing his concerns in private" one on one, but he needs to respect that the manager has the final say regardless. That's why he's the manager.

I see your point....just find it funny that Capoue and Sandro can do it the press and it was still the managers fault (not aimed at you)

Based on that, I pick whoever they want

Getting a bit concerned that so many players are willing to quit or not play well because they dont like the manager...two down already.

What happens come November when they decide they are too big for "Poch" too.....not good at all

Thats if you believe an annonymous tweet.

Personally that sort of thing is all noise IMO, nothing at all to suggest it is true.

For people usually so focused on things having quotes and such it does make me laugh with some random, faceless, quoteless tweet has people working up a sweat.

Back
Top Bottom