New manager? - POLL ADDED

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do we want to replace Pochettino?

• De Boer

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Benitez

• Klopp

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Guardiola

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Mark Warburton

• Russell Slade

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Tony Pulis

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Pellegrini

• Sherwood

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Keep Pochettino

Votes: 140 66.7%
  • John Carver

Votes: 20 9.5%

• Total voters
Our fanbase is completely out of touch with reality
Our fan base is fucking fantastic, passionate and incredibly loyal. as yesterdays amazing turnout for another end of season dead rubber showed. Our fan base deserves to see the owners invest in better players than the ones we have, rather than the penny pinching shit we see every year.

I voted for Klopp because i didn't see the Keep Poch one. Honestly, I think we have to give Poch two more seasons. I think regardless of manager we have to give him time.

I want to be manager.

Combine that Tim Sherwood mouthpiece with Poch's late substitution masterclass.

Chuck in that AVB total football know how with a little Redknapp financial accounting and you have the total package.

I have got this.

Imagine a manager as good as that.

2451A14900000578-2892368-John_Carver_could_take_over_at_Newcastle_job_until_at_least_the_-a-32_1420026222910.jpg

I turned around October/November......playing playing Holtby to combat Yaya Toure at the Etihad and getting done 6-0 was the final straw. The Liverpool 5-0 home hammering was the worst performance Ive seen from any Spurs team in my entire life.

It was clear from then, not one single player had an ounce of respect for him, and barely for the shirt.

Never much a fan myself, not so much the trashings as the paint dry boring football. I can live with alot as a Spurs fan, dickhead managers, big defeats but boring football is a red line with me. Going from Redknapp to AVB felt like skydiving into a physics lesson, what a come down. The least I expect is entertainment, especially with the amount games cost.

Our defense is terrible. I blame Poch and our soft wings.

Danny Rose is a part of the issue of our soft, predictable, wasteful wings. Couple that with a lack of intelligence on and off the ball and you get my opinion.

He has improved. IMO as it stands with our "tactics", he is still a bad defender and an overrated attacker. Very flashy, blood and thunder which mugs a few with his chest beating but what else is there? He's still an average winger played out of position for me. His engine and athleticism is off the charts though.

He's being targeted by managers, hence him having a large average tackles won stat. He had similar stats last year (where this forum pretty much voted him as the worst player) because it's obvious to EVERY manager that our wings are soft so we get countered there constantly. That is something Poch has not given us. I have seen no similar gameplan from Poch when it comes to attacking teams weaknesses or our strengths. In fact it's embarrassing. Summed up with a back 4 of central defenders, Kane, Dolphin etc etc and we play a short fucking corner.

So Danny has been good by his standards this calendar year. IMO he's still not a defender. And lets be honest, when he does get to the byline (which is often, leaving us short at the back) his shooting, crossing and final ball are pretty shit.

Davis was disappointing. People make excuses for his stop start season but it's not like this is his first prem season. IMO we need two new left backs. Danny Rose should be played as a winger IMO. Nowhere near a back 4 unless we have a more solid player in front of him.

To be fair to Danny...Eriksen or Townsend in front of him helps nobody's development when it comes to a stable back 4. The dolphin can also go missing.

So it's fucktarded team shapes/personnel that compounds having a wandering Danny Rose flying everywhere. I'm about to contradict myself (I've no proof because it hasn't been done yet): IMO if you told Rose to hold back, and maintain a line more often, our defense would be MUCH better. I'm nor even sure why Poch asks him to go forward so much. His average season return for goals, assists etc is pretty fucking shit seeing how often he's in the middle/final third.

I concede, Danny has been better than I expected. Perhaps Tim was right.
8639238.gif

Our defense is terrible. I blame Poch and our soft wings.

Danny Rose is a part of the issue of our soft, predictable, wasteful wings. Couple that with a lack of intelligence on and off the ball and you get my opinion.

He has improved. IMO as it stands with our "tactics", he is still a bad defender and an overrated attacker. Very flashy, blood and thunder which mugs a few with his chest beating but what else is there? He's still an average winger played out of position for me. His engine and athleticism is off the charts though.

He's being targeted by managers, hence him having a large average tackles won stat. He had similar stats last year (where this forum pretty much voted him as the worst player) because it's obvious to EVERY manager that our wings are soft so we get countered there constantly. That is something Poch has not given us. I have seen no similar gameplan from Poch when it comes to attacking teams weaknesses or our strengths. In fact it's embarrassing. Summed up with a back 4 of central defenders, Kane, Dolphin etc etc and we play a short fucking corner.

So Danny has been good by his standards this calendar year. IMO he's still not a defender. And lets be honest, when he does get to the byline (which is often, leaving us short at the back) his shooting, crossing and final ball are pretty shit.

Davis was disappointing. People make excuses for his stop start season but it's not like this is his first prem season. IMO we need two new left backs. Danny Rose should be played as a winger IMO. Nowhere near a back 4 unless we have a more solid player in front of him.

To be fair to Danny...Eriksen or Townsend in front of him helps nobody's development when it comes to a stable back 4. The dolphin can also go missing.

So it's fucktarded team shapes/personnel that compounds having a wandering Danny Rose flying everywhere. I'm about to contradict myself (I've no proof because it hasn't been done yet): IMO if you told Rose to hold back, and maintain a line more often, our defense would be MUCH better. I'm nor even sure why Poch asks him to go forward so much. His average season return for goals, assists etc is pretty fucking shit seeing how often he's in the middle/final third.

I concede, Danny has been better than I expected. Perhaps Tim was right.
tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

Quote someone with a fucking useless comment. That'll add to the debate. Good work!

I've tried before. Its pointless trying to engage him constructively, he'll always just turn it round to be about his same old tired agenda no matter what.

His selfish, negative and self indulgent behaviour is detrimental to the whole community on here, and the bigger picture is that people like Sammy (and others on here, he isn't the only keyboard warrior I have a problem with) are representative of a much bigger problem with supporters of our club (and football in general).

The chaps obviously intelligent so he should take some of his own advice and put up or shut up. If all of this bullshit is really such a big enough of a deal for him make nearly 16,000 posts in 4 years (whilst spending a good amount of time in the bin) then why not use all that energy to do something positive for the club and his fellow fans.

If people like him really give a shit so much, and it’s not just about being right all the time, then write a letter to the chairman. If you disagree with the running of the club so much then arrange a boycott (although you’d have to actually go to games first). Join the supporters trust and go to a meeting. Subscribe to STAND. Start your own forum / podcast / fanzine. Go to a FSF protest. If you're not local then start up a supporters group.

Give something back ffs!

Something more than winding me up on a constant basis. Got a 2 year old at home to do that for me.

IIRC Harry was the longest serving manager since Burkinshaw, he kept getting us to 4th and didn't win anything, so he had to go.
Before him and since him we have had a revolving door of managers and fuck all in the way of success.
All the clubs that do well either have a rich sugar daddy, or a long term manager with a working policy supported by the board.

Now - I don't think that it takes a genius to work out that possibly the WORST decision the club - or this august body of rocket scientists could make - is to keep the managerial door spinning.

Had enough of the twist, lets try "stick" this time, and actually give the guy a shot.

Some of the "experts" could put away their knives for a while, and actually get behind the guy, the club and the players - and instead of translating everything into a catastrophe that only "they" can see the reasons for, actually stop being a knob jockey - and back the club.

I know the likes of me and Greaves get stick for being old (which is obviously a crrime) but I have seen boom to bust (not old enough to remember the double - despite being alive at the time) and know what good looks like, and have seen shit that would have some of you lot implode like an unstable black hole. What we have at the moment is upsetting - like a prick tease. But trust me guys, its better to be there sniffing at heavens gate with an erection than it is to be running from one rejection to another with a limp dick screaming that they are all lesbians and that I'm just unlucky.
I have been disagreed with for not being bothered by yesterdays result. Fact is, we are not going to be CL, but we might, if we fuck things up, be in the Europa league.

Lets play just 38 (+ cup games) next season, and see what we get.
Last time that happened we qualified for the CL - IIRC?

If its bollocks then sack the guy and move on.

I won't profess to know whether Pochettino is the one for Spurs or not. All I know is, is that chopping and changing managers constantly hasn't worked for us, and unless we're in relegation danger, I want to wait until the end of next season at the very least before forming an opinion on him.

Back
Top Bottom