New Chairman

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

my vote. Think of all the fun...and stupid, retarded money he can literally throw at the club. Self-made billionaires are my favorite.

37-mark-cuban-1316541809.jpg

Levy is a great chairman from a finance perspective, we just need a better decision maker from a football perspecive AT BOARD LEVEL not a Baldini who come in buy a load then sit back and take it easy and leave after a while, someone with a vested interest in the club, Equity stake at a high up level who knows football better than Levy

Levy is a great chairman from a finance perspective, we just need a better decision maker from a football perspecive AT BOARD LEVEL not a Baldini who come in buy a load then sit back and take it easy and leave after a while, someone with a vested interest in the club, Equity stake at a high up level who knows football better than Levy

Exactly.
Almost everyone in the board has a finance background. Levy knows shit about football, but he's great with money. Maybe with a few more football brains in the board, things might be better. But (as I heard from 'the spurs show' podcast), I think this business oriented board is just waiting to finish up the stadium project. Once that's done, they most likely will sell to the highest bidder and will fuck off with a good profit.

Exactly.
Almost everyone in the board has a finance background. Levy knows shit about football, but he's great with money. Maybe with a few more football brains in the board, things might be better. But (as I heard from 'the spurs show' podcast), I think this business oriented board is just waiting to finish up the stadium project. Once that's done, they most likely will sell to the highest bidder and will fuck off with a good profit.

Afraid so my man, but they are businessmen surely say if they were in the movie business they would have a movie mogul on the board to guide them, the football decisions make you get more money the money helps the football they need both - so obvious but how can Daniel just make this happen - I would have love to have known how say the AVB decision was made, fine if there was some logic, but where is the new manager to improve on what we had?

You know the more I think about it just makes me upset, as they keep such a good financial platform but are so clueless about the game

Afraid so my man, but they are businessmen surely say if they were in the movie business they would have a movie mogul on the board to guide them, the football decisions make you get more money the money helps the football they need both - so obvious but how can Daniel just make this happen - I would have love to have known how say the AVB decision was made, fine if there was some logic, but where is the new manager to improve on what we had?

You know the more I think about it just makes me upset, as they keep such a good financial platform but are so clueless about the game
They really need some answering to do.
I doubt it, but hopefully that THST notice will do some good.

I didn't like Levy from the beginning.
In recent couple of years my views changed about him, but I just felt something fishy was about it. It was too good to be true. Granted we were losing faith with AVB's outcome, but I just feel this sacking wasn't for the results sake. Heck, the same goes for that Redknapp sacking. It always seems that there is so much more than what meets the eye to these sackings ... something more personal with Levy and the board.

As much as we hate Lord Sugar, I think he did have one good point.
You don't just buy for spending sake. It's very very obvious that AVB didn't want some of these signing, even though he may have later approved them. Shoulda saved that money and spent it on a fewer players ... that AVB wanted. Imv, much of the blame for AVB's results should go to Levy. If you don't have the right players, your system will never work, or at least it will take much more time.

Even though AVB wanted a DOF, I don't think he anticipated how it would turn out to be. Levy should have gotten some of the players that AVB wanted. I mean, who cares if Hulk is overrated. AVB wanted him. And haggling over 500,000 pounds for Moutinho?

It's a shame, I really thought AVB was our future. Quite ironically even with all that money spent, I believe AVB was never backed from up top. They were looking for an opportunity to sack and they got one.

#LevyOut ... #ENICOut

I'll bite. You guys are allowed to laugh but I am actually being serious. The guy is stinking rich. Knows about football and already is a major stake holder in a lowly football club already. Plus he is a super arrogant cunt and I would love him as chairman more than I love Levy as chairman.
Robbie-Williams-010.jpg

I'll bite. You guys are allowed to laugh but I am actually being serious. The guy is stinking rich. Knows about football and already is a major stake holder in a lowly football club already. Plus he is a super arrogant cunt and I would love him as chairman more than I love Levy as chairman.
Robbie-Williams-010.jpg
:baeshock:

Why the fuck not. Robbie Williams knows all about putting on a performance. If I was a player I would totally go to a club he ran just for shits and giggles. Plus he has won trophys!!!:levywhoa:
Robbie+Williams+Soccer+Aid+2012+-CvPab4zKFBl.jpg

TIME FOR NEW SET UP!
Fact 1: Daniel Levy has done a fantastic job with the clubs finances
Fact 2: Daniel levy has always made (good) funds available to managers
Fact 3: Daniel Levy's recent management choices have
been horrific (arguably the best in recent memory has to be 'arry but could you really envisage him managing a City Chelsea united Woolwich?)
Baldini has been a bad appointment, the manager can be foreign the players can be foreign the chairman can even be foreign but for me the " technical director" or whatever you want to call him nowadays needs to be British (or minimum ex foreign player) someone who knows the clubs history who knows the fans passion someone who "understands" the clubs values morals and desire. Unfortunately no-one immediately springs to mind, hence the post any suggestions welcome!

Back
Top Bottom