New Centre back ...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Potentially Alderweireld to continue our Belgian revolution, otherwise no idea. Would prefer a youngster as backup because realistically Dawson/Kaboul/Vertonghen don't need immediate competition and we need someone who's happy with playing 30%-40% of games.

Would make sense same price range as the Romanian and already has a good understanding with Vertonghen.

Anyone watched much of Ajax last season with an opinion on him? I didn't watch them as much last season but before that thought he was decent apart from a slightly headless chicken approach when he'd run up into attacking midfield

Edit:
@parklanejames

Anyone watched much of Ajax last season with an opinion on him? I didn't watch them as much last season but before that thought he was decent apart from a slightly headless chicken approach when he'd run up into attacking midfield

Edit:
@parklanejames
A Dutch friend of mine who supports Ajax says he's very good, similar to Vertonghen and he thinks he could be as good as him soon.

Edit:
@parklanejames
Not much last but the season before alongside verts he looked good.

Has anyone seen much of Kurt Zouma or either of the young Greek lads Papadopolous or Papastathopolous?
Zouma is supposed to be a pretty damn good prospect. Like a Varane but maybe not as good and all I know about Papastathopolous is that he is an absolute monster on FM and was linked with Liverpool this summer at one point, surprise surprise. I think one of these guys would be good although I have to say the whole Caulker transfer took me by surprise. I'd have preferred to just loan him out again with an option to recall him but oh well.

Zouma is supposed to be a pretty damn good prospect. Like a Varane but maybe not as good and all I know about Papastathopolous is that he is an absolute monster on FM and was linked with Liverpool this summer at one point, surprise surprise. I think one of these guys would be good although I have to say the whole Caulker transfer took me by surprise. I'd have preferred to just loan him out again with an option to recall him but oh well.

I have heard good things about all three but I haven't seen enough of any of them. I am hoping someone has...

Back
Top Bottom