Netherlands 🇳🇱 v United States Soccer team 🇺🇸🇺🇸

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't say it was "disgraceful". But it wasn't good either. It was Brighton v Liverpool. The problem is that US fans delude themselves habitually as if we're just a step or 2 off the pace when it's miles.

As with the PL, the difference between 1 and 6 in more massive than the difference between 7 and 20.

k

Well deserved by Netherlands. They have a lot of good players and showed it today.

Can’t be too upset with our performance in this cup. First time these players have been at a WC and the stage wasn’t too big for them. Berhalter and our lack of a striker cost us but we went up against some good teams and played with them for 90 minutes.

Develop a striker and replace the CBs before the next WC and we will be much better.

And play Gio Reyna!

24DC6436-F8DA-4A82-9F24-07E3C18F9910.webp
Yeah, he was extremely round while playing, but he got his shit together over the last couple years.

FFYCDdrXoAwTNrj

MLS academy system will remedy that in about 10 years
I'm going to disagree with this one. You'll still need to prove you deserve a spot @ the MLS academy in the pay to play leagues.

And we are still extremely spread out with only 29 current clubs, 2 of them in NY, 2 in LA, another in San Jose, 3 in Texas, and 3 in Canada. There are giant geographic areas without club representation.

I'm going to disagree with this one. You'll still need to prove you deserve a spot @ the MLS academy in the pay to play leagues.

And we are still extremely spread out with only 29 current clubs, 2 of them in NY, 2 in LA, another in San Jose, 3 in Texas, and 3 in Canada. There are giant geographic areas without club representation.
Nashville just set up an MLS 2 team where I live. They are bringing youth academy with that as well so I think that will provide some opportunity to get out of pay to play

Nashville just set up an MLS 2 team where I live. They are bringing youth academy with that as well so I think that will provide some opportunity to get out of pay to play
It may get rid of some pay 2 play, for the best of the best in the MLS markets; but what of the rest of the country?

Unfortunately, with the sheer size of the country and pay 2 play being the norm for most other major youth sports (I think hand-egg is the only exception,) I just don't see a massive shift happening.

Back
Top Bottom