My summary

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit crazy to sum up before the window has closed. But I'll try.

What a mad, insanely crazy window!!!

When Luka left and VdV left I was gutted. Not just them leaving, but also because we seemed reluctant to replace them properly. Dembele is a fantastic player, but not a defence splitter. Dempsey, nice guy but seriously we should've let a player go to livepool for once. Siggy still needs time as does Holtby. Then fast forward to this summer and we're as usual linked with orgasmic names. Now I watch loads of serie a and Coco Lamela stood out for me last season as a complete superstar in the making. To actually have him at spurs is phenomenal. The early signing of paulinho was a master stoke. Immediately, a huge upgrade on Parker, huddlestone et al. Soldado was essential, after a season of heavy reliance on Bale. I can honestly say that I'm not displeased with a single signing we've made. Was a little dubious about Capoue, but he looks brilliant.

Still have a concern over our left back position. Danny Rose makes me very nervous. Was at the Lane for the espanyol friendly and even they quickly realised he was the weak link and were targeting him. BAE I'll have in front of rose any day. Until we get someone in, I would have Jan as left back. The other concern is still a lack of depth in the number 9 position. Assuming ade will do us all a favour and do one. Only leaves Defoe as cover.

Greedy yes, but I'd like a solid left back and a forward (javier Hernandez please) before we're done.

We've also played a blinder in shedding players. If you include Bale it's 7 in. 6 out. Others will leave. My fear being that there'll be a real surprise in there. I really hope we keep hold of Defoe as he still has loads to offer, but in a World Cup year understandable he may want out to play more (especially if my Hernandez fantasy comes true). I think we should accept £10m or so for Lennon. With the signings and Townsend's emergence I won't be sorry. Carroll on loan to a Swansea would be ideal. A similar loan for Zeki would be good too. I'll be very sad if BAE was to leave. Love him as a person, but also think he's hideously underrated as a player. Two years back he was easily the best left back in the league.

All in all, as things stand, I'd like to see this:

Hugo

Walker
Dawson
Kaboul
Jan

Sandro
Pauli
Dembele

Eriksen
Lamela
Soldado

The window hasn't closed yet - buddy

Jim White has some exclusives saved for Monday night when Damiao and Kaka start dusting off those Samsonite bags

Stay tuned for more after this break

Too long, didnt read, didnt introduce yourself, or say "Hi Ive been lurking for a while now, oooh ooooh".....starts thread to give own views (who are you)...has a name of players that aint even played yet.

This isnt going to end well for you around here.

Other than that, good post, and welcome. (tosser)

:nawty:

VERTONGHEN IS NOT A FUCKING LEFT BACK FOR FUCKS SAKE
Misfits.gif

(welcome to the forum :ossie:)

Back
Top Bottom