Moutinho vs Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Moutinho or Paulinho?

• Total voters
Who is the better player?

I'm assuming that if Monaco didn't spend a ridiculous amount of money on Moutinho, we would have gone back in for him. So does this make Paulinho our "plan B"?

Given the choice between the two, who would you have?

All other variables held equal, Moutinho. He's got more European experience, and has history with AVB.

But Paulinho was half the price, which tips the balance in his favor.

This is a stupid poll, I'm not voting

I haven't seen enough of Paulinho to vote. I can't imagine that he'd be better than Moutinho considering he had only a 17m buyout and that we seemed to be only ones pursuing his signature.

I think Paulinho. He is probably cheaper that Moutinho, maybe isn't quite as creative but makes up for it with a great engine and gives up steel that Moutinho wouldn't. He's also a more rounded player which I'd take over Mouthinho's creativity since we have other players who can create chances.

Any news on Higuain to the filth old boy?

Apparently Madrid took a look around and saw mediocre tripe like Negredo being shifted about for approx the same price they originally wanted so decided to up their asking price from 30m euros to 40m euros, according to Graham Hunter anyway who said terms etc. had been agreed and the player wanted the move yada yada blah blah and now Madrid are flaunting Napoli's supposed interest as a way to get Woolwich back to the negotiating table.

We needed a playmaker more than a box to box.

But if you offered Scolari a swap of Paulinho for Moutinho, He wouldn't even consider it.

Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon

cDcPicL.jpg

I think they're too different to compare really. Paulinho scores more. Moutinho creates more chances. Moutinho will go on to win a title with Monaco in a few years. Paulinho will probably end up winning a World Cup at some point in his life.

Happy we got at least one of them.

Too early to call, I think fella.

Willing to guarantee just about no one had seen him play a full game prior to the Confed Cup or some FM print screens - so I'd say your poll is at least 12 months too early. I'd only gauge opinion after one full season with the lads and even then you could argue many players only fully settle in foreign teams / leagues in the second season.

Having said that - most snippets I've seen of him are positive, great physical presence, ticks all the Levy signing boxes, and hoping he'd prove to be a great success.

Back
Top Bottom