Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah the joy of not reading content of a post but just seeing from who it comes - rather discredit the source than try to understand the message.

I must agree with mindblown here, Mick - you didn't read his post nor try to understand what he was trying to say. Every position has its unique skill requirements but there is a base level that is required on every single position nowadays. Look at the biggest and most succesful clubs around. Every single player has a technical ability that is top notch and that means being able to have a good first touch, upper body control, measured passing and handling speed with the ball. That doesn't mean everyone needs to be able to dribble, have superb shooting skills nor give a perfect long ball etc.
He said virtually none of that though.
He is obsessed with modern football as if it was a different game.
It has definitely improved as more money has inspired more people globally to participate. What you said in your last post was what I said, not mindblown.

Can I try to understand...a sweeping statement regrading "English Football" that couldn't be further form the truth.

Absolute rubbish.
My bad if my statement came accross like that by no means I was making any generalisation.

The point is there are still thousands of Toni Pulis accross lower leagues and grassroot football that still favor athleticism over flair.

IThe idea of players not being able t

Yes-he had no football brain-all brawn.
He was really awful when he first appeared and improved with time. He played in a well oiled machine that allowed him to miss 10 shots then get the 11th. He was difficult to play against because he keeps going and this is where Sissokos strengths are, he keeps going.
Wow that might be the biggest load of rubbish I've ever read on this forum and that's saying something. Clearly have no understanding or grasp of football if you think Drogba was all brawn and no brain. He wasn't difficult to play against because "he keeps going" whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean, he was difficult to play against because he had strength and technical ability, don't really want to be defending Chelsea scum but comparing Sissoko and drogba is absurd. You actually think Sissoko at the age of 28, can learn the technical ability of this guy.

Can I try to understand...a sweeping statement regrading "English Football" that couldn't be further form the truth.

Absolute rubbish.
That's not at all what i said lol , i wasnt doing a sweeping statement but now that we do go into it there still is a gap between the English and the Continental youth systems when it comes to skill and what elements of the game matter. The focus is very heavily put on pace and strength and less on skill (and i repeat skill does not mean pure dribbling skills). There is one element however in the English youth system that is a lot better then the way they generally approach grass roots on the continent and that is a focus on long shots. It's a skill that is developed early on the island and that i see very little of outside the island

Wow that might be the biggest load of rubbish I've ever read on this forum and that's saying something. Clearly have no understanding or grasp of football if you think Drogba was all brawn and no brain. He wasn't difficult to play against because "he keeps going" whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean, he was difficult to play against because he had strength and technical ability, don't really want to be defending Chelsea scum but comparing Sissoko and drogba is absurd. You actually think Sissoko at the age of 28, can learn the technical ability of this guy.

scored a belter of a left foot volley in that horrible semi against us. Flicked it over his shoulder and smacked it first time into the top near corner. Cudicini.

It was no fluke. He'd done the same in the 1-1 draw at WHL earlier, only it smacked off the bar. Brad.

Season before I think, hit a shot so hard at WHL 1-1 went through the keeper knocking him back. Gomes.

When they won the Champions League, they had one attempt on target all night. Dogsbreath rocketed a header into the near post from a corner. Unstoppable.

Great striker. Strength and great technical ability.

scored a belter of a left foot volley in that horrible semi against us. Flicked it over his shoulder and smacked it first time into the top near corner. Cudicini.

It was no fluke. He'd done the same in the 1-1 draw at WHL earlier, only it smacked off the bar. Brad.

Season before I think, hit a shot so hard at WHL 1-1 went through the keeper knocking him back. Gomes.

When they won the Champions League, they had one attempt on target all night. Dogsbreath rocketed a header into the near post from a corner. Unstoppable.

Great striker. Strength and great technical ability.
And an amazing ability to fall over at the merest touch

That's not at all what i said lol , i wasnt doing a sweeping statement but now that we do go into it there still is a gap between the English and the Continental youth systems when it comes to skill and what elements of the game matter. The focus is very heavily put on pace and strength and less on skill (and i repeat skill does not mean pure dribbling skills). There is one element however in the English youth system that is a lot better then the way they generally approach grass roots on the continent and that is a focus on long shots. It's a skill that is developed early on the island and that i see very little of outside the island
I was referring to Mindblow statement not yours?

No. Injuries that have stretched our squad explain our position in the table.

I get that it is easy to blame our position on Sissoko but that is far from the truth. He and Dier are the only two midfielders outside of the attacking line that manages to stay fit for the entire season so far. Of course he is going to end up playing when the rest are out injured

The number of minutes he's played says something about our midfield situation, and thus explains explains our league position. Yes, he has been fit. Yes, he puts in a shift. But alas, he does not have the quality we have become accustomed to from our CMs and AMs.

There is this mentality that still exists only in english football that only attackers are supposed to be technical players.

Modern football demands even GKs CBs to be technically good enough and take part in attacks build up plays.

Technically limited footballers simply have no place in modern football, they should just shift to other sports.
Fuck me, really? You've nailed that one. Here's Scott Parker literally breaking down your statement not two months ago. I swear you must reside just the other side of a thin spot between dimensions.

Scott Parker said:
‘What these boys can do and are being taught...they are miles ahead of anything I was asked for. If you ask those other guys you just mentioned they would all say the same. Miles ahead of us.

‘Technically they are superb. We can still improve their understanding of the game but in terms of pure ability it’s unrecognisable. When I was growing up, the keeper just put the ball down and booted it. Same with the defenders.

‘Now they all play out from the back like that Spain team we all fell in love with. We have caught up.’

Last edited:

Fucking hell, goal #2 against Liverpool is incredible.

I can't even begin to imagine Sissoko attempting it

I say brawn you say strenght?
I say allowed plenty of opportunities - playing in a very established team. You say Tech ability?

Ive never compared the two, head to head-what I have tried to estsblish is Drogba is not a cultured footballer. As like Sissoko. They are both self motivated as players and will inprove in there own time. Drogba did it and so can Sissoko. If you feel 28 is too late then sorry you.

Whatever your point or argument, please don’t post videos of Chelsea players scoring goals. FFS.

:deledoubt:

:llorisunsure:

:pochfacepalm:

Al the opinions regarding Sissoko is opinion judged against your own preference of what you expect . If you compare to City, your be disappointed. . We have him , he's seems to be trying his best and he's a Spurs player. Slagging him off is out of order. I hope he proves you all wrong playing the way he does.

Al the opinions regarding Sissoko is opinion judged against your own preference of what you expect . If you compare to City, your be disappointed. . We have him , he's seems to be trying his best and he's a Spurs player. Slagging him off is out of order. I hope he proves you all wrong playing the way he does.
Nobodies comparing him to city players....Compared to the rest of our squad he's quite clearly the weak link, it's really not hard to see why he gets slagged off. How long are you going to give him to prove us all wrong then? He's already had a year and half and in that time all he's shown is that he runs around a bit.

Nobodies comparing him to city players....Compared to the rest of our squad he's quite clearly the weak link, it's really not hard to see why he gets slagged off. How long are you going to give him to prove us all wrong then? He's already had a year and half and in that time all he's shown is that he runs around a bit.
And tackles, and breaks up oppossition play, and opens up space, and covers for our fullbacks, and makes Mark Noble look like a midget.

But yeah, all he does is run

Last edited:

Spot on mate

When any player pulls on our shirt after getting selected by our manager we should get behind him

I know Sissoko fucks up occasionally sometimes comically but he has heart, gives 100%, Poch rates him and he does a lot of good unselfish work

I’m seeing that we need to get behind him because he isn’t as shit as we think he is and he is better than Mark Noble.

My expectations exceed these I’m afraid. He needs to be as consistently good as others in the team and he just isn’t. Yes, we can say that in some matches he’s been better than Dier, or than Dele, or Son. But they perform at a high level in other matches. Sissoko rarely does, so he’s got no credit in the bank.

Also, this need to “get behind the player”. I’ve only been twice this season, one home, one away, and I’ve not heard anything major coming from the fans. The moans and groans as usual, but nothing else. Can someone who goes regularly tell us if he is getting booed or anything during matches? If he is, that’s poor and yes we should eat behind him.

However, if it’s because we are digging him out on here, that’s different. That has no effect on him at all. And if he reads this, he shouldn’t be. He should be spending every minute of the day learning to control a football and improving his passing.

Back
Top Bottom