Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Keep keep keep. Clearly has his uses. Way he's done last 2 games he might even be a late bloomer for us, and he could offer a lot.
Mason has had some injury problems and Bentaleb is bound for the ACN, deffo should not be looking to sell the moose.

He's looked great recently. Maybe he's finally 100% healthy. I thought we should sell him earlier but he's shown me that he's still got it. Paulinho and Capoue should go.

Almost seemed like Dembélé played the holding role today and Bentaleb played box-to-box. Suited both players better. Bentaleb was a beast today. Really going to miss Bentaleb while he's gone. We need another box-to-box midfielder.

This thread needs a bump. I hope Mason makes it back into the squad soon, but you have to admit that Dembele's muscle in midfield was crucial versus Chelsea (and in his last couple of appearances). Opposing midfielders have had to respect his strength and allow him space to open up and connect with some of our more skilled assassins, who are in turn able to run free into space, assured that they won't have to cover and prepare to try to retake possession. Basically great at a holding role. He's been a vital part of this run and I want to see him get more opportunities. Kudos again to Poch for getting the chemistry right.

This thread needs a bump. I hope Mason makes it back into the squad soon, but you have to admit that Dembele's muscle in midfield was crucial versus Chelsea (and in his last couple of appearances). Opposing midfielders have had to respect his strength and allow him space to open up and connect with some of our more skilled assassins, who are in turn able to run free into space, assured that they won't have to cover and prepare to try to retake possession. Basically great at a holding role. He's been a vital part of this run and I want to see him get more opportunities. Kudos again to Poch for getting the chemistry right.
I've read that Mason is back in training already. Those young legs heal fast.

Thought he played his best game for Tottenham last night a joy to watch.
sf730f.jpg

I am just gutted that I can't ram that performance down the throats of that snide CCJ & weirdo cahspur who said he can't play in an advanced role. Anyway I'm just delighted that this graceful footballer not only turned on the Ole's he grafted hard too.

Thought he played his best game for Tottenham last night a joy to watch.
sf730f.jpg

I am just gutted that I can't ram that performance down the throats of that snide CCJ & weirdo cahspur who said he can't play in an advanced role. Anyway I'm just delighted that this graceful footballer not only turned on the Ole's he grafted hard too.
Agree with the Dembele part. Not so much with the CJJ bit mate, thought he was fairly open minded with a shitload of stats, gifs and whatnot. Kinda miss the fella.

Still..... I'd like to see Dembele do this more often against the top sides. Then I reckon we'd all be winners :)

Dembeles taking on of three utd defenders last night was sublime. Watched the Spurs TV highlights back again this morning after watching the game live and MOTD last night (can't get enough) and the commentator was saying "take a bow Dembele" for that move.

He has so much untapped potential. Hoping Poch can carry on getting the best out of him.

I used to see EL as the backup for the 10 role. Im now starting to think that getting shot of EL, using moussa as the secondary 10 or third choice 9, and recruiting a konoplyanka wld be better.

Thought it was his best game in ages for us, think he showed enough he can be good backup option to Eriksen in the 10 role. More importantly last night showed how much more dangerous we look with Kane as lone striker. No more Bobby or Ade thanks

I'm pretty sure when he played in Holland that was his role just off the strikers. A flexible 3 behind Kane with Chadli-Lamela-Dembele-Townsend fighting for the 2 spots alongside Eriksen. We've found a player in Benji who will rotate with Mason & Bentaleb behind them

Definitely Dembele's best game in a long long time. He seems like he's shooting more lately and he played some nice through balls. All promising signs.

Although it's a beauty to watch, he still dribbles/holds on to the ball for far too long some times. Hopefully this can be coached. We know he can glide by just about anyone, but the ball moves faster than anyone on the pitch. He still needs to adjust his game if he wants to fit.

Thought it was his best game in ages for us, think he showed enough he can be good backup option to Eriksen in the 10 role. More importantly last night showed how much more dangerous we look with Kane as lone striker. No more Bobby or Ade thanks

God no, we look toothless with them on.

Back
Top Bottom