Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is worse than AVB. At least then you could say, yeah, we've bought too many players and they're struggling to adapt. Yeah, at least we have a good defence and although we don't score it's largely down to Soldado/new players.

We don't even have a good defence anymore. 4 goals in 2 games. We've conceded at least 1 goal in our past 7 games.

What happened to the clean sheets, the pressing, the being difficult to break down? Toby is injured, fine. But why have we abandoned everything that made us so good last year?

This is probably the worst Tottenham period I can remember in 6+ years.
really?
have you already forgotten abject, gutless thrashings in the sherwood/avb season?
Away at chelsea, falling apart whilst our "manager "sat in the directors box and played with his phone?

i aint forgotten that

Fuck it. I'm still looking forward to watching spurs in the CL, under the floodlights at Wembley with my lad on 7/12 (courtesy of Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor ). It's a dead rubber. But fuck it & fuck it hard. Tonight was an abortion & I'm gutted. There is much more to come from this team. I suspect Poch will be seething at himself. But this mess tonight can be lessened with the real Spurs turning up at the Bridge on Saturday.

That goal straight after the penalty was scandalous. Trippier was in a world of his own. Miles out of position. & no pace to recover it.
no way was that Trippier fault. He did his job and went with the runner who was Falcao. That goal was down to Rose being absolutely nowhere which again results in Wimmer getting dragged wide.

have you already forgotten abject, gutless thrashings in the sherwood/avb season?

Was this not a gutless abject thrashing?

Even in those periods there was games where we won. 1 win in 2 months-3 months now, that's far less than the AVB/Sherwood era.

We'd get smashed 5-1 by Liverpool, sure, but at least there'd be a win dotted around there.

We have ZERO chance of winning the league. Not with the way we're playing so if the reasoning for resting players and being shit is so we can focus on the league is true then we have fucked up BIG time.

Did we have a chance of winning the Champions League? It's a cup competition, anything can happen. Certainly easier to win a cup competition through luck then winning a 38 game league, that's for sure. A decent run and some passion wouldn't hurt.

We rested players so hopefully we finish top 4 and qualify for the champions League next season......
Well it is the taking part that counts isn't it?
:pochsulk:

This is probably the worst Tottenham period I can remember in 6+ years.

CWEKNiyWIAEl_MN.jpg

Is that good though? He was fouled, that's not "good".

Don't give me that shit.

Son was just lauded for how good he was against West Ham ffs when all he done was completed 40% of his passes, was FOULED for a penalty and hit a cross at a goalkeeper which fell to Kane.

So we spunk 30 million and apparently 100k a week on an utterly unbothered cunt who essentially went on strike at a relegated Newcastle and 17 million and I guess around 60k a week on Jannsen but our first choice (supposedly) Michy Batshuayi was beyond us?

How does that work?

It was hardly the toughest group either...
I can't see either Monaco or Leverkusen winning it!

Be interesting to see just how many LOYAL SPURS FANS turn up on Dec. 7th

...I suspect we'll struggle to hit 30,000!

Loyal ? In 29 years as a season ticket holder I've learned the price of loyalty, and it comes easier when players are not hiding, when they are not bottling 50/50 balls, when they give a shit and when they appreciate the sacrifice made to follow a football club. A professional sports man who can't show any fucking passion when it matters most is not deserving of loyalty. And I won't be going to Wembley as they don't deserve fans turning out for them. For me, having seen that Newcastle fuck up last season and that tonight tells me all I need to know about this mob. They don't deserve any of us being loyal. They deserve our contempt. When it matters most, is that the best they can do? Ultimately failure should not be acceptable if there is no attempt made to at least fight.

Last edited:
im narked and disappointed at the way we've played in the chumpions league this year. its been fucking rotten. BUT the thing is, the trick with the champions league, is to qualify for it year after year.

It's like saving up ALL YEAR for something you REALLY want... let's say a 60" top of the range LCD smart tv...

Then just throwing it out the window within 3 months of getting it, without ever even turning the thing on!

LUDICROUS waste of time, money, effort and emotion!

Not a waste of money for levy.... the stadium ain't gonna build itself....

Blame the players more than the manager, they should of been well up for this and the other CL games but not turned up @ all.

Back
Top Bottom