Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not for the first time this season, this is a 'must-win'... only this time, it's LITERALLY a must win...

No excuses if we don't. we're pretty much out and CSKA Moscow at Wembley becomes a dead rubber... let's see how well the pre-match "STOP TAKING SELFIES AND LIGHT UP WEMBLEY WITH YOUR MOBILE PHONES" initiative goes down if that ends up being the case!

Hopefully, we can win tomorrow... and then it really is ALL TO PLAY FOR in two weeks!!!!

At last, I can get in my blatant. Happen to have a friend who lives in Monaco. Not much of a sports' man but good enough to get me and his Spurs friend who lives there tickets for the game. Don't know where the seats are, hope they're not behind glass. So, off to Nice now and a cruise back to Monaco in his Porsche. I'll be your local correspondent unless we lose in which case I will go immediately sullen and silent.

I thought everyting was behind glass in Mon-aah-co?

Going to get this in the before the Monaco game. I may not be able to make the CSKA game. If not, I will let someone have a ticket for nothing as long as they pick it up.

Not for the first time this season, this is a 'must-win'... only this time, it's LITERALLY a must win...

No excuses if we don't. we're pretty much out and CSKA Moscow at Wembley becomes a dead rubber... let's see how well the pre-match "STOP TAKING SELFIES AND LIGHT UP WEMBLEY WITH YOUR MOBILE PHONES" initiative goes down if that ends up being the case!

Hopefully, we can win tomorrow... and then it really is ALL TO PLAY FOR in two weeks!!!!

It's really a 'must not draw'......can't be fucked with dropping into the Europa

I remember the away game last year in the Europa League. Horrible.

Atmosphere is always shit in that crap house of a stadium and they were more up for it. Saying that, it's the Europa League and our players have never really seemed up for it.

Tomorrow is huge. Monaco are a different animal this season. Pace, power, guile, finishing. They've pretty much got it all. No good winning the possession game against them, we need to get an early goal. We dominated them at Wembley but hardly tested their keeper. Let's test him tomorrow.

This is where we separate men from boys, this is where those players who have done so well for us make themselves heroes. Harry Kane, Mousa Dembele, Christian Eriksen. You want your names in the history books? You be the guys that got us through a tough time in Monaco, dragged us to victory and helped us on our way to world domination.

COYS

Lloris
Walker - Dier - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama - Dembele
Son - Alli - Eriksen
Kane

As great as Winks was against West Ham I think 2 high profile games in the space of 3 days might be a bit much. None of this resting players rubbish. Yes there is another big game Saturday but this is the most important as its the next one. If Alli isn't quite fit enough I'd shift Eriksen to 10, Son on left and bring in Sissoko. Maybe this could be the night for him although I won't hold my breath.

Must win game or we are virtually out. i think full strength is our only option.
Lloris
Walker - Dier - Vertonghen - Rose
Dembele - Wanyama
Son - Alli - Eriksen
Kane

I agree, we cannot risk a draw against Monaco. Must go full strength for this one with our chances on the line
tottenham-v-manchester-city_bfc5b576-6782-11e5-a67c-863da204c6d2.jpg

---------------------Lloris--------------------
-----Dier-Wimmer-Vertonghen-----
Trippier-----Sissoko---Alli-----Rose
---------------------Eriksen------------------
-----------------Kane---Son----------------

Very important game this one, but we just played against West Ham and have Chelsea coming up, certain players won't be able to cope with starting three matches in quick succession. Dembele to name one. Walker to get a rest as well, he was useless in the last CL match, Trippier is more suited to continental football anyway. And we'll need Walker to be fit to deal with Hazard and with Rose suspended his speed from the full-back position is even more vital against Chelsea. Eriksen has been poor, let him play this one, but on the bench against Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom