Modric

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly.

Besides, I wouldn't mind his WHL wages, even with a 20% deduction. I'd be quite happy with even £10k per week. I wouldn't be considering myself "poor".

It's not really about whether or not you consider your self poor, it's more to do with some guy considering himself much better off, despite having done nothing for Modric for his entire career, by receiving 20% of a substantial pay packet because he has a piece of paper signed (probably in crayon) by Luka Modric age 10 and a half.

As much as I think Modric is a cunt for the way he acted, I can't help but wonder if he'd have been such a cunt if some cunt hadn't cunted him so early in the cunts career.

It's not really about whether or not you consider your self poor, it's more to do with some guy considering himself much better off, despite having done nothing for Modric for his entire career, by receiving 20% of a substantial pay packet because he has a piece of paper signed (probably in crayon) by Luka Modric age 10 and a half.

As much as I think Modric is a cunt for the way he acted, I can't help but wonder if he'd have been such a cunt if some cunt hadn't cunted him so early in the cunts career.

So, can you clear that up for me. Is he a Cunt?

Not sign a 6yr contract

That is to protect us more than anything and ensure Levy extracts top dollar should a sale become inevitable

Why do you think we are so desperate to move into the new stadium and triple our match-day income - so we can compete at a much higher wage level and finally sign all the Moutinhos and Damiaos - because that is ALL there is to most of the mercenaries. You can have it both ways.

That is to protect us more than anything and ensure Levy extracts top dollar should a sale become inevitable

He didnt have to sign it, and he didnt have to name Chelsea. And he didnt have to refuse to play for us. Or tour with us, or train with us, while we were paying him 60 thousand pounds a week, and he had 4yrs left on the contract he chose to sign.

Yes, he acted un-professional in some regards in the closing weeks to his transfer

However - I understand why he wanted a move and will not hold it against him or consider him a qunt. That is the nature of the game these days - for better or worse.

Glad what he gave us for 4 years which was nothing short of great and wish him well for the future. Cheered when he scored on Tuesday and will keep an eye on his career as much as possible - he's ex-Spurs

Yes, he acted un-professional in some regards in the closing weeks to his transfer

So you think the summer before, when he went to the press and named Chelsea as the club he wanted to leave us for, then refused to play against Utd, and tried to get out of the City game was ok?

And the fact he only started playing properly when the transfer slammed shut was acting professionally?

So you think the summer before, when he went to the press and named Chelsea as the club he wanted to leave us for, then refused to play against Utd, and tried to get out of the City game was ok?

And the fact he only started playing properly when the transfer slammed shut was acting professionally?

Do you have comprehension difficulties or are my posts appearing to you in a different language?

Do you have comprehension difficulties or are my posts appearing to you in a different language?

Im talking about Modric, not interested in insults.

You said that he acted un-professionally in the "closing weeks to his transfer"

Im wondering what you think of his behaviour the previous summer.

I think he wanted out the moment him and his agent realised he could be earning 3-4 times elsewhere

We were never going to keep him so Levy did in my view the right thing and sold outside the PL (Fergie style) and extracted top dollar

Whatever happened behind closed doors is mere speculation and I think only 4-5 people know the whole truth in order to be able to make an objective call on this. Neither You, nor I have a fucking clue what happened and what he did or didn't do.

The whole world knows he did an interview in a national newspaper saying he wanted to leave Tottenham for Chelsea.

We know he didnt play in the Man U game as he claimed his head wasnt right. We know he said the same thing two hours before the City game, and was subbed at half time.

We know he refused to tour.

We know he lied to the fans.

Personally, I cant see how anyone can concede that he did the club wrong, and acted un-professionally, yet not hold it against him.

Oh well, each to their own.

Back
Top Bottom