Mile Jedinak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wrap arounds with Mason
dumb and dumber harry dunne GIF

"In March 2020, Jedinak was appointed to a coaching role with Aston Villa's academy.[42][43] On 30 March 2021, he was appointed as Loan Development Coach at Aston Villa.[44]

He was announced as an assistant to countryman Ange Postecoglou following his appointment at Tottenham Hotspur in June 2023."

Is there anything between him & Ange other than the Aussie connection?

It's a rather bit leap between Villa's academy and our first team.
............Still; i maintain that Ange is directing the tactics at both ends of the pitch.... Not him & Mason.

"In March 2020, Jedinak was appointed to a coaching role with Aston Villa's academy.[42][43] On 30 March 2021, he was appointed as Loan Development Coach at Aston Villa.[44]

He was announced as an assistant to countryman Ange Postecoglou following his appointment at Tottenham Hotspur in June 2023."

Is there anything between him & Ange other than the Aussie connection?

It's a rather bit leap between Villa's academy and our first team.
............Still; i maintain that Ange is directing the tactics at both ends of the pitch.... Not him & Mason.

Might be an Aussie on here who will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think he was Ange’s captain when he managed Australia.

He’s basically giving Jedinak a leg up into coaching here, same as he did for Kewell at Celtic, and possibly wanted him as he’s played PL so has experience of the league.

Whether he’s good enough to be a coach yet at this level remains to be seen, but as he currently coaches the defensive set pieces, it’s maybe fair that he’ll begin to be questioned

Might be an Aussie on here who will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think he was Ange’s captain when he managed Australia.

He’s basically giving Jedinak a leg up into coaching here, same as he did for Kewell at Celtic, and possibly wanted him as he’s played PL so has experience of the league.

Whether he’s good enough to be a coach yet at this level remains to be seen, but as he currently coaches the defensive set pieces, it’s maybe fair that he’ll begin to be questioned

As I alluded to; if he said "I want to stop zonal marking", it'd still be Ange's decision.

caoching isn't about putting out cones and getting players fit
its about showing player where to be, what to do, how to defend, how to attack
how to we need to work against this player or that player
too often these jobs are given out to former pro's and that is no way to select who is a good coach

He basically coaches whatever tactics Ange tells him to......

Same as Mase.
I would imagine set pieces is only a part of what he does, and even then defending set pieces is just one part of that.

I would be surprised if we did anything differently when practicing set pieces than most teams.

I would imagine set pieces is only a part of what he does, and even then defending set pieces is just one part of that.

I would be surprised if we did anything differently when practicing set pieces than most teams.

Not entirely sure if you're disagreeing with me or not; but the two main things fans criticise our defense for is the CBs being left exposed in open play and zonal marking (which in turn is Vic's worst enemy on corners).........

The latter def. comes from Ange. The latter more than likely does too.

I know that Ange loves him but we can't have coaches who's only qualification for the job is national nepotism.

There are tribes of native peoples living in the Amazon rainforest who are as yet untouched by civilisation that are better equipped to teach how to defend from a set piece.

Get rid. He's shit

Not entirely sure if you're disagreeing with me or not; but the two main things fans criticise our defense for is the CBs being left exposed in open play and zonal marking (which in turn is Vic's worst enemy on corners).........

The latter def. comes from Ange. The latter more than likely does too.
I don't really have a problem with how we're set up defensively in open play, every set up has weaknesses and sometimes our CB's get exposed, but the opposition still needs the quality to make that happen.

As for set pieces, our biggest problem is a lack of players who can head the ball. We only have Romero and Richarlison and the latter wasn't even on the field during those two goals.

Before today, we conceded 12 goals from set pieces which was 2 behind Villa, our main competition this season. Most teams have conceded around 10 this season.

Get players who are good in the air and it won't be as much of a problem. It really is that simple.

I don't really have a problem with how we're set up defensively in open play, every set up has weaknesses and sometimes our CB's get exposed, but the opposition still needs the quality to make that happen.

As for set pieces, our biggest problem is a lack of players who can head the ball. We only have Romero and Richarlison and the latter wasn't even on the field during those two goals.

Before today, we conceded 12 goals from set pieces which was 2 behind Villa, our main competition this season. Most teams have conceded around 10 this season.

Get players who are good in the air and it won't be as much of a problem. It really is that simple.

Kane was a beast for us in our own box. Big miss.

Back
Top Bottom