Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He seems to underhit 80% of his passes, but the ball does stick to him. The only ‘wonderkid’ I can ever remember really making it is Rooney, and even then it’s debatable whether he really reached his potential. I expect nothing from him, although sincerely hope I’m wrong

Yes, just a little untidy - kind of the opposite of a player like Harry Winks (who Poch obviously loves). My feeling is he won't break into the first team until he addresses that.

Best case scenario is he develops like Raheem Stirling who is a bit more bulked up and less intimidated by pressure from larger opposition players. Really hope he makes it because there aren't many players like him around.

Last edited:
He seems to underhit 80% of his passes, but the ball does stick to him. The only ‘wonderkid’ I can ever remember really making it is Rooney, and even then it’s debatable whether he really reached his potential. I expect nothing from him, although sincerely hope I’m wrong
He's still too weak in my opinion. I'm reminded of Josh McEachran who was playing Champions League
football at 17. A technically gifted player but weak as piss. Where is he now? I'm going off on a tangent here
but Peter Shilton used to hang from his finger tips in a futile attempt to increase his height. The point being that if
you want to make it to the top you do anything to get there.

He's still too weak in my opinion. I'm reminded of Josh McEachran who was playing Champions League
football at 17. A technically gifted player but weak as piss. Where is he now? I'm going off on a tangent here
but Peter Shilton used to hang from his finger tips in a futile attempt to increase his height. The point being that if
you want to make it to the top you do anything to get there.

B&Q have an offer on step ladders this weekend ...

Yes, just a little untidy - kind of the opposite of a player like Harry Winks (who Poch obviously loves). My feeling is he won't break into the first team until he addresses that.

Best case scenario is he develops like Raheem Stirling who is a bit more bulked up and less intimidated by pressure from larger opposition players. Really hope he makes it because there aren't many players like him around.

Best case scenario is he becomes like Raheem Sterling? Really? Guess we should just get rid already then.

The Harry Winks comparison is a good one.

Winks is 22 soon and Edwards 19. So he has a few years to reach the level Winks is now. At the same age Winks got EL games but with that not being an option it becomes harder to blood the younger players. Time is on his side anyway. If he's the patient type.

Great to see Spurs (and younger England team for that matter) playing smaller technical players. It's really the opposite of so many English teams. Physical power often picked over technique - senior side playing Livermore and Henderson the other month a prime example.

We should all stop worrying about Marcus Edwards and whether or not he is going to make it with us - our club is the perfect place for any young player to impress Poch and get their chance in the first team.

If the player has attitude and behaviour problems, it won't work for them no matter the club and therefore I'm not worried about losing him to someone else. Just look at Revel Morrison - he had as much talent as Edwards, if not more...

Book was written before he signed the new deal so he must be on the right pathway.

As the the article suggests, it was Poch laying down a challenge to him... Fingers crossed you're right, but id half expect us to sign him up regardless in the interests of any eventual transfer fee offsetting against the academy investment in him. The financial model of the academy isnt set up on the assumption we'll constantly churn out first teamers. All those £500ks and £1ms add up... £9m for Pritchard anyone??? ...And that was 2 summers ago!

Back
Top Bottom