Media Kneed to Look at Lukaku Not AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Missing the point is something that the media have done quite a lot with Spurs recently. They have taken a narrative, tucked it under their arm and run Jonah Lomu style for the nearest printing or web device. We have had to endure a whipping due to the Y-word, smoke bombs, crowd noise and now apparently we are up for a charge of attempted manslaughter/gross negligence. The game at Everton, was dull. At the time I was too captivated to […]

Continue reading...

I don't think he deliberately wanted to hurt Lloris, but I think that he could have done a lot more to avoid his head and showed little regard for his safety. And I also agree that the media have not said enough about Lukaku's part in this and instead put all the blame on Spurs and AVB.

Tbh I think it's likely Hugo's speed took Lukaku by surprise, he got his head where most goalies would barely be able to get their hands. IF it was intentional I'd say it was in the sense that he was hoping to knock the ball out of Hugo's hands.
Unclear though so not ruling out any malice, after all in essence he is a dirty chav cunt.

Don't buy it.

Perhaps he could have jumped, but I don't think Lukaku did anything wrong short of being guilty of trying to chase the ball down, and I try not to judge people based on counter-factuals.

I don't see anything in that which leads me to believe that he went out of his way to harm Lloris, and in fact in replays that I saw during the game he was immediately motioning for help from the medics, and didn't attempt chase down the loose ball after Lloris got knocked out and lost the ball.

It would be one thing if Lukaku had noticeably dropped his knee unnaturally, but all he appears to do is to attempt to chase the ball down, which is exactly what a forward is expected to do.

How often is a keeper diving for the ball at the feet of a forward? Keepers miss or flub dives for the ball like that all the time, leaving the forward with the net wide open. It isn't Lukaku's job to assume the worst and to pull out of every run just because the opposing keeper looks to have beaten him to the ball and is diving at his feet, it is his job to assume that if the opposing keeper flubs it then it's an easy goal, and perhaps three points in the bag.

Don't buy it.

Perhaps he could have jumped, but I don't think Lukaku did anything wrong short of being guilty of trying to chase the ball down, and I try not to judge people based on counter-factuals.

I don't see anything in that which leads me to believe that he went out of his way to harm Lloris, and in fact in replays that I saw during the game he was immediately motioning for help from the medics, and didn't attempt chase down the loose ball after Lloris got knocked out and lost the ball.

It would be one thing if Lukaku had noticeably dropped his knee unnaturally, but all he appears to do is to attempt to chase the ball down, which is exactly what a forward is expected to do.

How often is a keeper diving for the ball at the feet of a forward? Keepers miss or flub dives for the ball like that all the time, leaving the forward with the net wide open. It isn't Lukaku's job to assume the worst and to pull out of every run just because the opposing keeper looks to have beaten him to the ball and is diving at his feet, it is his job to assume that if the opposing keeper flubs it then it's an easy goal, and perhaps three points in the bag.
spot on, everyone would be saying it was an accident if it was the other way round as well. fact.

Don't buy it.

He does, drop/drag his knee at the last moment. I think this is what stopped a more serious incident.

But as @ Team Tanguy Team Tanguy dough says. He is a dirty chav cunt so it's kill it with fire time.

He does, drop/drag his knee at the last moment. I think this is what stopped a more serious incident.
Looks to me like they just slow the video down slightly at that point; he's not dragging his knee, it's an illusion.

From the normal-speed replay from the other angle there's no similar indication of him dragging his knee, he just carries through at normal speed in what looks like a completely natural manner.

Back
Top Bottom