Media darlings thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I lasted three seconds, enough to hear "Spurs fans don't look now but your team hasn't lost a game yet", before losing my breakfast

giphy.gif

Youtube football hipsters are noticing us...

After watching this I actually think we can win the fucking league...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI9rYzNfbaM

That's another analyst that said with full confidence we line up in a 4-2-3-1.

We don't.

Without the ball it's more 4-4-2 with Maddison and the striker up top.

With the ball it's more like 2-3-3-1 or something mental that's beyond my basic football knowledge to figure out.

But we have never looked like a 4-2-3-1. I swear they just assume that Sarr is a DM because he's African, then roll with it.

OK, this guy is very good, he's a United fan so a lot of stuff is from their perspective. When I started I was what the fuck...backward baseball cap, fucking London United fan, why is he looking off camera, bet he doesn't talk like that in real life....almost two hours of this shite!?!?!?!

But he really does know his stuff, has a different way of thinking about football and can put it across well, fucking hell I checked the time and an hour had passed in what felt like 20 minutes..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8vP_JQgPUI

This thread's as good as any.....

Jermain Pennant..... What a fucking moron!

Dipper/Gooner mix.......... STANKY! :harryhmm:

....we all know how this plays out...
They'll build us up......

Then say we bottled it if we don't go on and win summit!

I preferred it when they just openly hated us.... at least that had an element of honesty to it!

Youtube football hipsters are noticing us...

After watching this I actually think we can win the fucking league...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI9rYzNfbaM

In all fairness our first choice 11 playing under Ange could probably win enough games to challenge for the top slots. I’m loving our midfield and defence atm. But sadly the wider squad doesn’t have the quality to adequately cover for any injuries, suspensions or the African tournament.
So fingers crossed that we don’t have to deviate from the core 11 to 13 best players too often.

Nope, don't like being media darlings at all.

Stay under the radar please. I appreciate that'd hard to do when we play the way we do and we're 2nd in the league whilst doing so but we could do without any further pressure.

It's kind of hard staying under the radar with the football we are playing at the minute though...

What pressure is on them though? The thing with Ange is that he allows players to make mistakes, there's no longer the fear of getting an hour long bollocking...

It's kind of hard staying under the radar with the football we are playing at the minute though...

What pressure is on them though? The thing with Ange is that he allows players to make mistakes, there's no longer the fear of getting an hour long bollocking...

Yep. I feel bollockings are going to come through laziness or lack of effort. Not footballing mistakes.

Nope, don't like being media darlings at all.

Stay under the radar please. I appreciate that'd hard to do when we play the way we do and we're 2nd in the league whilst doing so but we could do without any further pressure.

A win in two weeks time at you know which place, and it'll go off the charts with no place to hide.

We've also basically replaced our entire starting 11. So it's hard to say how good we'll be under pressure from now on.

First impressions wise, Romero and Udogie strike me as having strong mentality for the big games.

Back
Top Bottom