Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Media decided on final day matches. 4 Matches being shown live. Scum & MC were a given. But as relegation settled & CL places expected Europa competitors to be picked. But no Liverpool who have nothing to play for so Carragher can go on & on& on about Klopp's final match and Chelsea. Both of them Sky favourites.

So Media decided on final day matches. 4 Matches being shown live. Scum & MC were a given. But as relegation settled & CL places expected Europa competitors to be picked. But no Liverpool who have nothing to play for so Carragher can go on & on& on about Klopp's final match and Chelsea. Both of them Sky favourites.

It's a money game.

I thought all the matches were going to be shown live on various Sky/TNT channels and/or red button this year.

Chelsea v Bournemouth? WTF?

Wasn’t sure where to put this but well said Jose!

When was the last time clubs like everton, villa, forest,leeds former great clubs have been called out for having a losers mentality. Weve got closer than any despite not been financially doped yet were losers. Horseshit

I personally saw it all as a "barely any" to "no lose" situation.

If we'd won, we'd have still just about been in the fight for 4th, if we'd drawn, 5th would have been more or less wrapped up and City still would have had a good chance to win the league, and if lost, we'd lose little and cost our arch-rivals big.

I personally didn't see any downside, the only thing that annoyed me about the match was our own fans chanting "are you watching Woolwich" right behind Ange when City scored, that to me just shows a real small time attitude.

Winter is genuinely one of the worst writers in the game, firstly his articles are just boring and poorly written. There are writers that I can read their articles and totally disagree with but still appreciate their art and quality, namely Johnathan Liew and Barney Ronay for example. But he just gets so much wrong most of the time, he simply just doesn't get fan culture, and never has. He does has a tendency to go for the odd tap-in on some topics, the ones which are so obvious like ticket prices always goes down well with fans and gets him pats on the back.

It's quite funny seeing everywhere at the moment since he's been sacked from The Times he's got to work for a change.

This week has been an absolute wet dream for the media. Put this scenario to any other club and it would barely get a mention, unless it was the dippers who would just be loveable scallies.
This game did not lose us CL, the regular fuck ups against average teams did that, just as the Goons fuck ups cost them the title.
The media can go fuck itself.

The media (particularly those who own the rights go the coverage) have whipped up the self-importance of the champions League as if it is THE be all and end all of football...

But realistically, only a handful of clubs CAN and have ever won it...

You could argue the same with the PL "Best League in the World" but at least that throws up a Leicester every now and again (typical that it was US that felt like the biggest losers in that season!)

The media's problem is they can't QUITE believe that some/many/most/all (delete as applicable) Spurs fans DON'T buy into the fact that finishing 4th is preferable to watching the arse win the title (the irony is they still could... But that's not on us any more!)

We were laughed at for treating 4th Place like a 'trophy'... but when we don't, and see a bigger picture, we're also mocked and ridiculed...

I think WE'RE the common denominator for the vitriol... WHATEVER the outcome!!

Winter is genuinely one of the worst writers in the game, firstly his articles are just boring and poorly written. There are writers that I can read their articles and totally disagree with but still appreciate their art and quality, namely Johnathan Liew and Barney Ronay for example. But he just gets so much wrong most of the time, he simply just doesn't get fan culture, and never has. He does has a tendency to go for the odd tap-in on some topics, the ones which are so obvious like ticket prices always goes down well with fans and gets him pats on the back.

It's quite funny seeing everywhere at the moment since he's been sacked from The Times he's got to work for a change.
Met him out in Madrid in a bar 2 nights before the CL final in 2019.
Was perfectly pleasant in fairness but seemed to be in tow with a group of Liverpool fans.
What struck me and the mate who were chatting to him, afterwards, was how he skilfully didn’t answer anything but kept asking us “Who do you think you will sign?” “Do you think Poch will go if he wins this?” As if we had some fucking clue about anything

Back
Top Bottom