Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jermain Jenas one of the few pundits that used to be biased in our favour now is not and is every time more actively against us and now is much more Pro-Forest and Pro-Newcastle. Is it time Spurs take away his access to our facilaties?
I think he makes no secret of the fact he's a Forest fan, and I don't have a problem with that ..

However, the likes of Darren Bent and Jason Cundy not only support 2 of our bitterest rivals, but make no secret of the fact they seem to despise Tottenham , a club they BOTH played for!

I just don't get that mentality, who would want to play for a team they so clearly hate?
... unless the real reason they were both so shit for us, was deliberate sabotage... whilst stealing a wage from the club..
. In which case, they're both as despicable as eachother!

Jermain Jenas one of the few pundits that used to be biased in our favour now is not and is every time more actively against us and now is much more Pro-Forest and Pro-Newcastle. Is it time Spurs take away his access to our facilaties?

Would be worth finding out why we can't get one decent pundit on the main UK channels.

Football would be much healthier and better to watch if we had less ex players on comms with less than subtle axes to grind.

I think he makes no secret of the fact he's a Forest fan, and I don't have a problem with that ..

However, the likes of Darren Bent and Jason Cundy not only support 2 of our bitterest rivals, but make no secret of the fact they seem to despise Tottenham , a club they BOTH played for!

I just don't get that mentality, who would want to play for a team they so clearly hate?
... unless the real reason they were both so shit for us, was deliberate sabotage... whilst stealing a wage from the club..
I understand the sentiment but I think many folks would and do take jobs at corporations they clearly hate because the pay offsets anything negative.

Cundy proberly went all Chelsea because they started winning things after all they sold him its not as if they never wanted him to leave.If we were winning he proberly would big up that he played for us .The other wally is what he is that is a second rate striker turned pundit.

I understand the sentiment but I think many folks would and do take jobs at corporations they clearly hate because the pay offsets anything negative.
I totally get that, but when part of your job is to make sure the ''Company" you work for does well, and in turn you don't... It COULD be deemed as sabotage!
It's no coincidence that BOTH players were pretty poor for us ...

"My Missus could've scored that" takes on a whole new meaning when you consider Bent could've been missing chances deliberately, cos he hated us! :harrysmile:

Would be worth finding out why we can't get one decent pundit on the main UK channels.

Football would be much healthier and better to watch if we had less ex players on comms with less than subtle axes to grind.

Surely one day this happens.

But until then, we are good for clicks and outrage and biased agendas and getting rival fans to call in on shows to say 'Spursy' or some virgin in Sutton writing 'You want a trophy for that?' on a youtube clip.

Until we start winning stuff and we can shove it in their face, unfortunately its just how it goes. And even then, it'll be 'Ange won this' not Spurs. Just wait and see.

When you say played for ??? Surely it should read turned out occasionally but were shite

And this is exactly why we don’t want ex-players anywhere near VAR

We had Daws on Sunday, we sometimes get Defoe. Don't forget Redknapp supposedly flies our flag, at least he's presented as the Spurs option sometimes. 🤣

Dawson's a good lad. Would be nice to see him more. Sick of Jenas. The guy is a melt.

I like Jenas, but the thing that always annoyed me about him is how he was a luxury player and not a top player. That wouldn't be a problem but when he commentates he criticises a player letting a man go at a corner, for example, as if he was a top player who never cost us a game that way. It does my nut in.

View: https://x.com/VFTLpodcast/status/1729164421711466626?s=20

Haven't and won't listen but it seems Danny Kelly has embarrassed himself on this looking to play the mainstream narrative.

he gets a pass because he's a Spurs legend imo but it's crazy how quickly they turn.

Put this in the sake of being controversial just to get clicks bracket.

I like social media but a massive problem with everyone having their own platform and essentially becoming freelancers is that there's no accountability of stupid comments and controversial takes, as long as they get the clicks then they've done their job.

Don't even get wound up by it anymore lol, just gotta find the content for you and ignore/block out the noise.

The thread you started about who to follow/block is actually good, if you cleanse your timeline of all this bullshit then social media can actually be an enjoyable place.

Put this in the sake of being controversial just to get clicks bracket.

I like social media but a massive problem with everyone having their own platform and essentially becoming freelancers is that there's no accountability of stupid comments and controversial takes, as long as they get the clicks then they've done their job.

Don't even get wound up by it anymore lol, just gotta find the content for you and ignore/block out the noise.

The thread you started about who to follow/block is actually good, if you cleanse your timeline of all this bullshit then social media can actually be an enjoyable place.

This is the Athletic's "Award Winning" Spurs podcast and Danny Kelly hunting clicks

It's not that hard! They don't want any pro-Spurs pundits!

They dig up our ex-players that actually seems to hate us!

Sky could easily employed Mabbutt, King, Allen, Hazard, Roberts, but they choose not to. And there's the answer!

Back
Top Bottom