Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mother fucking bastards!!!!!:pochwtf: They are trying to steal the best manager in the world from us!!:pochohshit:

Manchester United have spoken to representatives of Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino, 43, about succeeding Louis van Gaal, 64.(Sun)

They will be north London Riots again. :pochsmirk:
Posting anything from The Sun should be an automatic Sin-Bin vote

Lol.

Mediawatch suspects that Neil Custis and The Sun enjoyed Diego Costa’s late equaliser on Sunday.

After lying lower than normal over the past fortnight, Custis is back with another ‘Man United exclusive’. Is it Van Gaal offering to quit? Or United about to appoint Jose Mourinho? Or have they both been forgotten?

‘Mauricio Pochettino could wreck Jose Mourinho’s dream of becoming Manchester United’s next manager,’ Custis writes. ‘SunSport understands United chiefs have spoken to representatives of the Tottenham boss about succeeding Louis van Gaal.’

Mediawatch wonders which of Pochettino’s representatives United are speaking to, given that Pochettino said this to the Guardian in December:

“It was very tough, and he won. I negotiated with him and now I am very strong. I don’t have an agent. He offered the contract and I say yes or no or I want more. He has a reputation as a very hard businessman? It’s true. I can feel that.”

We do at least look forward to seeing Louis van Gaal’s face when he reads this latest ‘exclusive’. WARNING: There will be weight jibes.

Mediawatch: Giggs is United's Pep Guardiola - Football365

Could be all of that, or it could be that the journalist just made up a story that he thought people would want to read........his job after all is to sell newspapers and internet subscriptions, not to report the news.

The story was in multiple papers. If it was only in one paper then yes - could just be a Jurno making things up, but it was in several papers, which is what gives me a sense that it was someone, somewhere, looking to make the story, for whatever the reason.

The story was in multiple papers. If it was only in one paper then yes - could just be a Jurno making things up, but it was in several papers, which is what gives me a sense that it was someone, somewhere, looking to make the story, for whatever the reason.
Man Utd probably are interested in Pochettino, and would like to sound him out. And they also like to talk loads of shit to the press, so it's not hard to see where the story came from.

The merits of the idea itself (Pochettino leaving Spurs for Utd) are rather harder to fathom, given he'd essentially have to throw out 2 years of hard work to walk into a complete clusterfuck which not only isn't set-up to work as he'd like, actually wouldn't be able to (since they're not going to sell a load of stars who don't agree with his methods).

ALL the "other reports" reference The Sun article by Custis, this is the ONLY one. Those that don't reference it are the sewer level like HITC etc just click bait.

ALL the "other reports" reference The Sun article by Custis, this is the ONLY one. Those that don't reference it are the sewer level like HITC etc just click bait.

If that is the case then it's sort an episode of The Thick of It levels of ridiculous.

I think we need to be realistic. It`s all very well saying he`ll stay with us, why would he go to united etc. etc, but if united do approach him it`ll come down to this: If he gets cast iron assurances that our best young players will not be sold once the huge bids start coming in he`ll stay with us and build on what he`s started. If those assurances are not forthcoming he`ll leave.

Last edited:
Just always look at the odds

Jose 1/3
Poch 10/1

Why would bookies give money away, its Jose done deal

Its only because the press are pissed off with Van Gaal they will publish anything to dislodge him

It would make perfect sense for Utd.

They will get a manager in sync with their values. The added cost to buy out his Spurs contract would symmetricaly weaken a strong top 4 competitor. They'd get a name which is now respected by top players. And they would get inside information on Spurs yoth, one of the most productive academies in recent years.

In fact if I was Utd, I'd be all in for Mitchell and McDermott too.

Worth much more to them than another 50-60-70 millions pounds worth of "stars".

Really? Oh ok. Admittedly, I hadn't actually bothered to read the stories because I found the whole thing just tiresome and pointless, so thanks for the info.

It would make perfect sense for Utd.

They will get a manager in sync with their values. The added cost to buy out his Spurs contract would symmetricaly weaken a strong top 4 competitor. They'd get a name which is now respected by top players. And they would get inside information on Spurs yoth, one of the most productive academies in recent years.

In fact if I was Utd, I'd be all in for Mitchell and McDermott too.

Worth much more to them than another 50-60-70 millions pounds worth of "stars".

They're shit, and they know they are
They're shit, and they know they are
:adethumbup:

If you're ManUre it's a no brainer to go for Poch rather than Mourinho but why would Poch even seriously consider it?

I read this crap in Costa this morning and muttered a few comments which got me some strange looks

As much as Mourinho wants it I don't think ManUre would have him due to the baggage he comes with and they don't like that
They would have a siege mentality for a year where everyone would hate them, have one good year and then the wheels would come off and their share price is now below what it was when they floated it which won't please the Glazers who won't want to take any further risks

The plan was to have LVG and then he hands over to Giggs provided his wife doesn't get shagged!

Bobby Charlton would be dead against Mourinho and he still has influence

To speculate on Levy wanting £20 million compensation but having to settle for £6-8 million after a tribunal is complete fantasy.

I understand Poch's contract runs out in 2019 so a 3 yr extension and a rise from his current £2.2 million a year salary would maybe kill all this speculation off once and for all

But I'm not worried at all as Poch, Levy and everyone else is very happy with the way things are going

:levywhoa::pochlol:

why would he go to united

Rather than thinking, "Why would he go to United" you should be asking "Why would he leave Tottenham".

He won't leave. Too much hard work gone into the "project", too much structure in place and he could quite easily go on to win a cup or title this year or next. End of story.

Back
Top Bottom