Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not my first choice but will welcome with open arms.

If he comes, lets just see what he's about. Sounds like some people have decided he's shit though, so if he gets 4th I guess he should have got 3rd.....and if he signs Ronaldo, he should definately have brought back Bale....

Repeat til he's sacked/poached then bark up another tree for all eternity...tiresome

Not my first choice but will welcome with open arms.

If he comes, lets just see what he's about. Sounds like some people have decided he's shit though, so if he gets 4th I guess he should have got 3rd.....and if he signs Ronaldo, he should definately have brought back Bale....

Repeat til he's sacked/poached then bark up another tree for all eternity...tiresome

I quite like the idea of having him as our manager but like you said i'm concerned some people will be against him from day one and will never really give him a chance which is the last thing we need after the season we've just had. no matter who we get everyone needs to give that manager a fair chance even if he wasn't their first choice.

We all have to back him. He isn't my first choice but to be honest any of the candidates could be great or shit. We have previous for making good managers/players shit though, so let's just support the poor bastard!

The benefit is, this time round, it seems while for many he isnt first choice he also isnt "Bad" and so stands a chance of winning them over. Call them "on the fence".

Previous managers the divide was well established the moment they came in. In fact I think Jol was the last one we were all generally on board with. He left 7 (SEVEN) years ago.

The benefit is, this time round, it seems while for many he isnt first choice he also isnt "Bad" and so stands a chance of winning them over. Call them "on the fence".

Previous managers the divide was well established the moment they came in. In fact I think Jol was the last one we were all generally on board with. He left 7 (SEVEN) years ago.

Well, all we can do is hope that it'll be different this time then! :avbpray: All I want is an enjoyable season without any drama.

Well, all we can do is hope that it'll be different this time then! :avbpray: All I want is an enjoyable season without any drama.

Cant argue with that.

Im under no illusions, whoever comes in has a hell of a job on their hands, I just hope they give it a good crack and the fans give them the chance...

Pinocchio will do for me. Only downside is that he lacks the big-name rep that might help us keep the likes of Jan & Hugo. (TBF that is quite a sizeable downside.)

Have been saying the same. However, my only worry is, if the results don't go well how long will those on the fence stay there?

One thing is certain, he will get less time than FDB would.

Pinocchio will do for me. Only downside is that he lacks the big-name rep that might help us keep the likes of Jan & Hugo. (TBF that is quite a sizeable downside.)

I tend to think as soon as players work with someone thats an irrelevance. If they can see he is the real deal/ are impressed then it just doesnt matter.

Just as, if a big name comes in and fails to impress, again - the name counts for nought.

One would think that the next manager will have to be an improvement on TS and they will stay!

I tend to think as soon as players work with someone thats an irrelevance. If they can see he is the real deal/ are impressed then it just doesnt matter.

Just as, if a big name comes in and fails to impress, again - the name counts for nought.

Let's just hope they'll actually get a chance to work with him! We don't know how long this appointment will take and some players might well have made other plans by then!

I think in Pochettino we have a talented young manager who likes to play attacking, attractive football whilst also keeping it tight at the back. Sure he doesn't have a big name to keep the likes of Vertonghen at the club (although I think Hugo will stay) but Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers weren't huge names either and look at them now. I'm grow more and more (quietly) confident this could turn out alright... but I said that about AVB too.

If(when) we do appoint Pochettino we all need to just get behind him and back him: us fans with our support and patience and the board with financial backing and patience. In Pochettino we could have a cracking manager, he always talks about "his project" so let's just let him have time to make his project work at the Lane.

patience.
daniellevy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom