Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Popped in here to see what the craic was but quickly decided to duck out again.

For what it’s worth I still love Poch with every inch of my being, and he’s welcome to marry my sister any day. I’m enjoying Spurs being a top team again under him. Maybe we’ll win something in the next couple of years, maybe we won’t. But I’m enjoying the ride regardless.

He's literally said as much. He doesn't care about the domestic cups.

Like it or not that is our managers way of seeing things.
I also personally believe that top 4 above all else is in his job description. He had been employed to get us into the champions league as we go into the new stadium, he has said as much. His orders from above will be to make sure that happens, as a priority over the FA/league cups.

I also personally believe that top 4 above all else is in his job description. He had been employed to get us into the champions league as we go into the new stadium, he has said as much. His orders from above will be to make sure that happens, as a priority over the FA/league cups.
Trouble is, he still needs money/players to consistently be able to achieve that. He can’t be expected to keep running the same group into the ground every year. A side effect of this may also be that we can rotate with trusted players more often and get further in the domestic cups.
:gallashmm:

Seen some #PochOut statements on BBC. To me, this is mental. We are 3rd and last 16 of Champs League. The guy has done miracles with no stadium, no signings and no fit players. What do they want? Go back for Christian Gross? Fuck me

Seen some #PochOut statements on BBC. To me, this is mental. We are 3rd and last 16 of Champs League. The guy has done miracles with no stadium, no signings and no fit players. What do they want? Go back for Christian Gross? Fuck me
When Gross joined us, i had dreams that he was going to an unknown manager that was going to win the lot with us.......

I don’t draw any distinctions between those people and those saying Levy out to be perfectly honest.

It’s all moronic entitlement at the end of the day

It's the BBC website. Like a super-massive black hole with a gravitational field that only attracts twats.

if trophies only serve to build egos...
Well in places like top level sports, formula one, fighter jet squadrons, trading floors and courtrooms don't the people with the biggest egos find a way to push themselves over the line.
I think having an ego should be an asset when you're at the sharp end, as long as you keep it in check when it comes to training, preparation, and cooperation as all the above need to do as well.

Fans asking for poch to be sacked have something wrong with them no one else would be prepared to come in and carry out a balancing act like he does for levy and co it's almost an impossible task.
He needs our support as well as support/backing from levy to create the team he wants eventually, and so we can expect more of this for a while yet.

Can't say I'm all that happy with Poch's viewpoint.

No it’s a strange one to actually come out say that domestic cups are more of a hindrance and the bigger picture in terms of success is the league,top 4 & CL. Doing well in a league campaign shows consistency yes, you can fluke a cup but not a league.....yes Leicester I know but that was a freak of nature! I can see what he’s getting at and in doing so with the fact of last summers transfer window and now this January’s one and the lack of activity he’s knows what he’s doing and that if there is an offer(s) for his services he will stand by his beliefs with us and sees the job through! Cos he’s leaving us very short and in more ways than one.

DyBr7vhWwAAezOc.jpg

#standingstill

Fans asking for poch to be sacked have something wrong with them no one else would be prepared to come in and carry out a balancing act like he does for levy and co it's almost an impossible task.
He needs our support as well as support/backing from levy to create the team he wants eventually, and so we can expect more of this for a while yet.
:dier:

I dont think for one second Poch should be sacked, but things do need to change.
Only in the last few years I have been confident not cocky when we play, as I thought we had the strongest squad in the premier league, but with Levy not willing to spend (other than on a stadium) which will just bring in more revenue as its bigger and is the only stadium take away Wembley that can other NFL (which according to new stats the up coming sport in the UK) how can we compete, it's hard to watch and spend the money I spend to watch a club not achieving what we should. I don't want to hear we finished top 4 with not spending like Woolwich and Chelski. I want to say we finished top 4 and won a domestic trophy by spending and spending right.

We sold Dembele (killed me as he was in my opinion the best defensive midfielder i have seen) for £9Mil - apparently GKN is going on loan sell him as he doesn't play Jansen sell him. We need to step up or be overshadowed as always.

Sorry the post is so long its my first post so excuse me

Back
Top Bottom