Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have to agree.

Let’s say he got his main men Grealish, Shaqiri, Ndombele, and Sessengon, for a cool 120M. Brilliant window right?
And we had shipped out Dembele, Davies, and Llorente as requested by the masses.

But where do the masses think those players would have us right now?
How would we be setting up?

Pochs reputation of getting the best out of very little is in danger right now and he needs to earn his pay rise. He’s getting cautious and boring to be honest.

Our CM pairing needs to be Winks and Sissoko next PL game. I bet Dier starts though. That’s not picking your form team.
People can kid themselves all they want last night about Dele and Eriksen being too injured to play. Eriksens been back in training for weeks and had his 30 minute trial against PSV.
Should have started last night, and that’s all there is to it. His injury was in his abdomen so all this pitch crap is nonsense.
Dele can clearly manage more than 17 minutes too.

Poch is running out of invention.

I am mostly in accord.

I am not sure Eriksen is physically and thus mentally right as yet and City make you run so I kind of understand him not starting yesterday. For the record I thought Eriksen would start.

The team did alright last night. Better I would say than many of us thought so I am not unduly concerned but we lost. And had we drawn level I still think we would have contrived to lose somehow.

I agree that Pochettino has become guarded somewhat in his approach but I also think that is World cup overhang and injuries to our more dynamic forward players, which we could have guessed would happen.

It's what Pochettino can add if we get the 3/4 players of quality we need to raise the level that is my ask.

You know if he left now he would get away with the question never needing an answer.

For me it stands that the 3 cup losses last year were reasons for doubting the unabated idolatry.

I think this era is coming to an end. Poch is fighting on too many fronts. We’ll soon get familiarised with the bad old days though.

It’s really hard to treat this season as a normal season isn’t it. For everyone.

I’m hoping Poch and his team believe they can still do something here.

Agree that a lot of players are coming to their natural end of time at Spurs.
Will he feel he can rebuild and is it something he wants to try and do?

I am modtly in accord.

I am not sure Eriksen is physically and thus mentally right as yet and City make you run so I kind of understand it. For the record I thought Eriksen would start.

The team did alright last night. Better I would say than many of us thought so I am not unduly concerned but we lost. And had we drawn level I still think we would have contrived to lose somehow.

I agree that Pochettino had become guarded somewhat in his approach but I also think that is World cup overhang and injuries to our more dynamic forward players, which we could have guessed would happen.

It's what Pochettino can add if we get the 3/4 players of quality we need to raise the level that is my ask.

You know if he left now he would get away with the question never needing an answer.

For me it stands that the 3 cup losses last year were reasons for doubting the unabated idolatry.

Poch gets a pass for being shite in the cups though. Apparently wimping our against West Ham again tomorrow will be Levy’s fault

I don’t think he was shafted.....I think he’s wanting his cake and eat it.
He didn't get one single player. Not one.
For one of the biggest, richest, best supported clubs in Europe thats a fucking scandal mate. If that ain't being shafted by your owners then i may as well duck out the debate now.
Have a good one Sammy

Poch gets a pass for being shite in the cups though. Apparently wimping our against West Ham again tomorrow will be Levy’s fault

If we lose meekly tomorrow I will rage. It's simple.

West Ham are struggling to put out a side, with their bigger target being survival.

We can play a fit again Aurier (Lord help us, Foyth if fit and a n other) and KWP in defence.

Wanyama, if fit and interested, Son, maybe Alli, Winks and Eriksen (?) and see if Llorente is still in the country and play him.

There is reason to be aggrieved at having to play 2 days later but not for throwing in the towel.

Will get short shrift from me if we do that is for sure.

Last edited:
For one of the biggest, richest, best supported clubs in Europe thats a fucking scandal mate. If that ain't being shafted by your owners then i may as well duck out the debate now.
Have a good one Sammy
Cunt just went on record to state Klopp would have won multiple trophies with this team already. The same Klopp who's won fuck all with one of the best Liverpool teams in a generation

Disgraceful troll

The era ended when White Hart Lane was demolished.

Put it this way, if Tottenham were a film over the last few years, it would have ended with the scene fading to black after the camera panned to Pochettino looking around White Hart Lane with tears in his eyes. Like the end of a Rocky film.

Quite clearly if you sat through the credits you would have seen a shot of the the new stadium the sun glistening on the glass.
Helicopter shot flying around it all taking in the majesty of it all.
Flying over the pitch then the camera panning into the ground itself.

You are following a man in workwear, boots, high viz, hat the lot.

Carrying his tool kit.

Opens up a drill case. Takes out a drill and calmly starts drilling through cables.
A sign above him highlights this a box for critical safety cabling.

As he puts his drill away his sleeve rolls up and you see a Mum and roses tattoo and a crappy ICF shit looking prison tattoo.

Then he calmly wanders off down the concourse and his phone rings - you see a picture of a dildo flash up as he looks who it is. Answers it.

“All done boss”

And the sequel is set.............

If Levy doesn’t move heaven & earth to keep this man, and back him every step of the way, it would be the biggest fuck up in my years as a supporter. I would be deeply troubled to horse noshing levels.

tenor.gif

Have a good one Sammy
You have seen the big new building on the Tottenham High Road haven't you?
Do you think they are free?
If you are paying a mortgage or pay rent, you may have noticed that you don't have as much money every month.
It's called economics.

If you are paying a mortgage or pay rent, you may have noticed that you don't have as much money every month.
It's called economics.
Do you think Levy and Lewis are paying for it from their own pockets? Do you not think long term financial gain is the bottom line for our investment company owners.

I refer you again to the latest comments of Mauricio Pocchetino

"The circumstances that happened in the last years, I think the club is not focused completely in winning titles or winning games"

It's called economics.
Do you honestly think THFC is paying for the entire stadium loan?

He's also raised the profile of the club - so even if he does leave, I think we're at the biggest we've been in decades that we'd able to bring in a much higher profile manager than we ever have in the past. I think we could do a little better than the current Bournemouth manager..

Not really. Do you think Levy will provide the funds that proven big winners like Conte, Allegri, Zidane, Ancelloti etc would demand? It's not going to happen

Levy will always appoint a manager who has something to prove and grateful for having the chance to step up to a club like Spurs. Howe, Rodgers and Hughton are 3 that immediately spring to mind

Do you think Levy and Lewis are paying for it from their own pockets? Do you not think long term financial gain is the bottom line for our investment company owners.

I refer you again to the latest comments of Mauricio Pocchetino

"The circumstances that happened in the last years, I think the club is not focused completely in winning titles or winning games"
And this has come as a surprise?
Successful teams make more money than unsuccessful ones, I'm fairly sure they know that too, so they have to balance the books and cut their cloth to suit.

You're like some bozo that eats in the same restaurant and moans how shit the food is.
If you don't like the food don't fuck up the dining experience for the rest of us by bitching all the time, dine elsewhere FFS!

back to queueing up for another go on the Tottenham Hotspur roller coaster.... We've had a couple of years of positivity, the stadium getting sign-off, financing and then the build beginning. We've done very well in this period which has understandably raised expectation for the club, players, coach and fans.

I'm not going to melt just yet but i'm starting to warm up a bit... I want Poch to remain, he has done a lot of good but in all of this the thing that bothers me the most is what could have been.

As of now we don't know what could be achieved if Poch was backed, we've not been in this position before where our team has done well but needs to improve to go up a level, in the past manager have needed players to avoid a crisis but this is uncharted territory. I want to see Poch get what he needs, if it then fails it wasn't to be.

I'm under no illusion that the stadium isn't a massive investment for the club and it's great seeing it coming together but it's a little bitter sweet for me at the moment.

I don't know if one or two players in January in prep for next season will be enough to keep Poch, the squad and fans happy?

Not really. Do you think Levy will provide the funds that proven big winners like Conte, Allegri, Zidane, Ancelloti etc would demand? It's not going to happen

Levy will always appoint a manager who has something to prove and grateful for having the chance to step up to a club like Spurs. Howe, Rodgers and Hughton are 3 that immediately spring to mind
Howe is probably a favourite atm and rightly so

And this has come as a surprise?
Successful teams make more money than unsuccessful ones, I'm fairly sure they know that too, so they have to balance the books and cut their cloth to suit.

You're like some bozo that eats in the same restaurant and moans how shit the food is.
If you don't like the food don't fuck up the dining experience for the rest of us by bitching all the time, dine elsewhere FFS!
You've missed the point completely - he alludes to the fact ENIC is in it to make as much profit as possible not to win any silverware by constantly investing in a stronger squad

Last edited:
Why did Poch say what he said before the game? Was it that he knew a real home advantage in a new stadium would have pushed us over the edge, or that we were taking bungs or something? I am getting tired of some of his negative press comments before games. We keep losing the must win games so the mentality isn't right. And whatever he is saying publicly to push them, if that is what he is trying to do, isn't helping. Like after United we won 0-3 he criticised and then we lost to Watford and Liverpool. And then when we lose he doesn't criticise and praises the team for losing and being off the mark. Why give them an excuse. We don't lose these games because of levels in quality. Give the team in relegation form to Jol or Arry or even Poch 14-15 and they'd somehow nick it against all odds.

Mauricio Pocchetino confirms what I and the other horsenoshers have been saying for years.
If that quote is accurate then the guy is a prick to be honest.

You mean Poch or Levy?
Pochettino, I know he's got us towards the top of the table and all that, and it's really unpopular to criticise him in any way on the internet for fear of people calling you a gooner/negative/Levy-lover etc, but that comment is AIDS.

His team selections and lack of mid-game changes have been a direct reason for us dropping out of the cups early doors, for him to say the club isn't focused on winning titles and games is just ridiculous.

This is going on the assumption that the quote is accurate.

Back
Top Bottom