Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Main-Fergie_2855324a.jpg

The Spurs gaffer looked sheepish as he was snapped with the Red Devils legend outside Scott’s Restaurant this afternoon as Fergie slipped away into a waiting car.

Star-Wars-Obi-Wan-12102015.gif

Chill the fuck out.

1) It's a series of three pictures. Three! The way paparazis will have been snapping away, there's bound to be a shitload of pics. It's the easiest thing in the world to make two pictures of a guy walking away look "sheepish", when it's preceded by a snap where he happens to have such a facial expression. Given enough pics that's easy to pick out of the bunch. Have a look:
:pochrolleyes::pocheyes::pochwtf::pochohshit::pochlol::pochsmirk::pochserious2::pochserious::pochsulk::pochfacepalm::pochbye:

2) If Poch had any inclination to move, there's no way in hell, he would have mentioned the verbal agreement. He could have kept his mouth shut and taken the move. This is a guy who has, to my knowledge, ZERO pr gaffes. So he starts now by ruining his rep with this?

3) The argument above that the posts have been moved regarding transfers. If Poch had/has doubts regarding Levy's willingness to meet his ambitions in the transfer market, Poch could have held out until after the summer to see what happened with transfers. Or even demanded transfer business done early and then he'd sign an extension. Again, no reason to do a pr fuckup by going on record with one thing and then going back on it within weeks.

4) As much as Fergie is married to United, he's known for loving to exchange ideas with other managers. Which manager wouldn't want to pick Fergie's brain? Also, it was in connection with a LMA meeting, as I understand it.

I can't believe anyone's buying into this shit even remotely based on three fucking pictures and nothing else.

We can all speculate as to whether it's harmless or if there is something in it...

What ever your opinion of this is, it's totally wrong for him to be seen in a restaurant with Fergie.. They are not old friends they are not colleagues..

It could be totally innocent but it shouldn't have happened end of..

We can all speculate as to whether it's harmless or if there is something in it...

What ever your opinion of this is, it's totally wrong for him to be seen in a restaurant with Fergie.. They are not old friends they are not colleagues..

I can respect and understand why you and other fans would feel that way. Burnt child fears the fire (is that an expression in England?).......there's no loyalty in football and all that. If ever there was a guy where I'd trust on his word, it'd be Poch, though.

Personally I feel, it's fine. He can meet with anyone, he wants, as long as it's disclosed and cleared with the club, as seems to be the case here, if there's any reason to suspect foul play if it weren't.

I can respect and understand why you and other fans would feel that way. Burnt child fears the fire (is that an expression in England?).......there's no loyalty in football and all that. If ever there was a guy where I'd trust on his word, it'd be Poch, though.

Personally I feel, it's fine. He can meet with anyone, he wants, as long as it's disclosed and cleared with the club, as seems to be the case here, if there's any reason to suspect foul play if it weren't.

No reason to suspect foul play? He's meeting with the man who selects the manager at a club that are looking for a new manager..

There is only one reason why fergie would want to meet with Poch..

But they are mutual admirers. If Poch wanted a chat with Ferguson he shouldn't have to do it in private, and if they did meet in private and got spotted it would look terrible. It's a free country, Poch can have lunch with anyone he wants.

But they are mutual admirers. If Poch wanted a chat with Ferguson he shouldn't have to do it in private, and if they did meet in private and got spotted it would look terrible. It's a free country, Poch can have lunch with anyone he wants.

Course he can it fergie will not have one agenda.. He knew this would cause speculation so should have declined for the sake of us the fans..

No reason to suspect foul play? He's meeting with the man who selects the manager at a club that are looking for a new manager..

There is only one reason why fergie would want to meet with Poch..

Let me clear up my shit formulated sentence.:chadliwtf:

He can meet anyone, he wants to imho. But if there's any reason to suspect foul play, if the meeting is secret. Then he should disclose it to the club.

I think both are in play. Yes, it could be seen as foul play, if it was kept secret from the club. But they were informed.

Disagree that Fergie would only meet Poch looking to sign him. Nobody gets the success, Fergie's had, without being naturally curious and inclined to learn and exchange new ideas. Fergie might fancy having dinner with Stephen Hawking next week, given the chance because he'd be interesting to chat with. Are we then to believe Hawking is on his way to Old Trafford. Exaggeration, I know, but I think the point stands.

This is very much refusing to see the negative.

The timing is bad, and when we went to Poch and offered him a better deal than the Saints he took it straight away. It quite clearly gives out a bad signal. Fact is that United have the cash and profile we don't, no matter how exciting our project is.

Poch needs to sign his new deal, because until he does this is going to hang around him like a bad smell.

Back
Top Bottom