Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also worth remembering Poch could have joined us when we approached him in Summer 2021, but he chose to see out his gardening leave at PSG instead......... And we then went down the Conte, Ten Hag, Potter, Gatusso, Fonnsecca, Nuno list and eventually cycled back to Conte.

Are you sure about that?

Also see you got an agree from MemphisWill MemphisWill so not sure what you’re agreeing with here? The second part I imagine?

Or is this another Mandela effect thing going on?
I was convinced Barry Humphries died at least 2 years ago!

Will make it easy for you. This match was played in 2022.

Must be one of the only people involved in football to manage a team in a CL semi final while on gardening leave!

Last edited:
I've posted a few of this guy's vids previously. I like a lot of his takes.

I think he's being overly harsh on Poch regarding his time at PSG, he simply had no choice but to play that front three and just watching them they were awful in a lot of the games as a direct consequence of the front three, I've never seen a team play with a front three that NEVER tracked back.

BUT

I do think he has some points regarding Chavs and their squad and how Poch would get them playing. I adore Poch and will always remember him fondly and even if we had him back I would be pleased about that but he's not my first choice, I'd take both Nags and Di Zerbi before Poch. For me he's a miracle worker with a young team that he can bend to his will, this takes time and because of the Chav fans not liking him because he's Spurs I don't think he will get the time because the fans will turn on him super fast.

If he came to Spurs (he won't because it appears clear we are staying away from even talking to him) he has money in the bank, he's loved so would get time here.

Alli Gold said on his YouTube video that Spurs had definitely, 100% not initiated any contact with Poch or his team. With this in mind I have no ill feeling if Poch joined Chelsea - the guy deserves a job at the top level and if Levy isn’t the one to offer him the opportunity….. would also be a big ‘up yours’ to Levy and his cohorts.

Are you sure about that?

Also see you got an agree from MemphisWill MemphisWill so not sure what you’re agreeing with here? The second part I imagine?

Or is this another Mandela effect thing going on?
I was convinced Barry Humphries died at least 2 years ago!

Will make it easy for you. This match was played in 2022.

Must be one of the only people involved in football to manage a team in a CL semi final while on gardening leave!

I've obviously got something mangled, but we def tried to get him in the midst of the manager search from hell. There was def. some kind of shenanigans where it was public knowledge that he was done at PSG before he was officially a free agent too.

(Note: The point of my prev. post isn't to paint Poch in a bad light...... Just to highlight that there's not some bond where we and Poch are somehow beholden to each other.... Business is business...... I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to never work at Arse, Chavs, WH, Lester and anyone else that takes a vague disliking to us.......... Goons would sting, but we can't expect him to duck the overtures of half the EPL.)

Last edited:
I've obviously got something mangled, but we def tried to get him in the midst of the manager search from hell. There was def. some kind of shenanigans where it was public knowledge that he was done at PSG before he was officially a free agent too.

(Note: The point of my prev. post isn't to paint his in a bad light...... Just to highlight that there's not some bond where we and Poch are somehow beholden to each other.... Business is business...... I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to never work at Arse, Chavs, WH, Lester and anyone else that takes a vague disliking to us.......... Goons would sting, but we can't expect him to duck the overtures of half the EPL.)

Think Levy might have even phoned me up while looking for a manager that summer!

Alli Gold said on his YouTube video that Spurs had definitely, 100% not initiated any contact with Poch or his team. With this in mind I have no ill feeling if Poch joined Chelsea - the guy deserves a job at the top level and if Levy isn’t the one to offer him the opportunity….. would also be a big ‘up yours’ to Levy and his cohorts.
Levy cannot expect the managerial merry go round to stop and stay still while he tries to make up his mind who he will appoint next and most importantly, who will do as he is told.

I do find it ridiculous want nothing to do with him, but I gave up second guessing this club a long time ago. They’ll do anything to shoot them selves in the foot.

I pity the new guy we appoint if Poch goes there and starts like a house on fire. He and the team will receive the fans ire that should be reserved for Levy and nothing will change.

Can't believe Todd Bundy has been talked into hiring him. Unlike some of the people on this thread I never wanted him back and I'm of the opinion that he's regressed since the end of his Spurs tenure.

What Chelsea needed was a hard hand manager with authoritarian tendencies, someone who can get the best out of a team built almost entirely out of mercenaries it's why Luis Enrique would have been a good fit for them.

Wonder if Chelsea appoint Poch this week before we sack Stellini.

Then we can appoint the OG dream team of Martin Jol and Harry Redknapp.
Haha

I hope they appoint Poch before Thursday, will make the support and vitriol even more toxic as like it or not, I think plenty want Poch back and him going to Chelsea will irk

10 years after the Willian fiasco it would be nice if we made the last minute call to bring him back here. I reckon he'd want that but if we wanted him it would have been done weeks ago.

This is actually a good thing. Puts pressure on the board to do everything they can to get Nagelsmann.

Poch will do good at Chelsea, but I don't think he'll get them over the line, which is as good as it will get for us. Chelsea will never be midtable so the best case scenario for us is them competing for champions league spots.

This is actually a good thing. Puts pressure on the board to do everything they can to get Nagelsmann.

Poch will do good at Chelsea, but I don't think he'll get them over the line, which is as good as it will get for us. Chelsea will never be midtable so the best case scenario for us is them competing for champions league spots.

Chelsea have been midtable numerous times since they won the lottery......

Chelsea have been midtable numerous times since they won the lottery......
Not for a prolonged period of time. My point was that even if they have the odd season they usually make changes to get out of it.

If they hover around 4-6th place they might be less reluctant to make changes, especially under the new ownership.

Will be interesting to see what reception he gets from the Chav Fans and hopefully this is all done by the time we play on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom