Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been saying it for some time and I'm no millionaire pundit, not that yesterday told us anything.

Think that he was also forced to sell Maguire for a world record fee and you have to really give the guy serious credit.

He would have been my first pick had the timing been different.

You got to think United might well look at him or even Woolwich if Emery doesn't deliver.

Still think Leicester will fall short of top 4 but January will see them bolster without doubt so who knows.
Leicester have owners that will go out and buy players not muck about like Levy does

'It is so complicated, it is another thing to worry about and of course that adds a lot. If we were busy before, now we are super-busy. To plan everything every day is not an easy job. I said before that I feel I am not a manager any more but a coach — and now I am like a producer. Being a coach, manager and producer.'

I have some sympathy for him here-I think this documentary is a stupid fucking idea.

Nope but if you think up to two years is an acceptable time to get them 'up and running' then as I have said...we shall agree to differ. Let's leave it at that.

I don't think he said 'up and running' did he? I thought he said it might take that long to see them at their very best?

I think it can take time because there's a lot of things in play that affect this kind of thing.
They're young guys who have moved to a country they've not spent any significant time in before. They don't speak the language and they don't have much of a support network around them. They've come into a brand new work environment with a different ethos and a different coach. The team is also in a bit of a rough patch and has players that don't want to be here any more so the dynamics might be a bit difficult.
With all of that I can fully understand that it will take time for these players to settle. I hope it doesn't take 2 years, but with the team in the process of rebuilding I hope they are given the two years unless they themselves want away before that.

I don't think he said 'up and running' did he? I thought he said it might take that long to see them at their very best?

I think it can take time because there's a lot of things in play that affect this kind of thing.
They're young guys who have moved to a country they've not spent any significant time in before. They don't speak the language and they don't have much of a support network around them. They've come into a brand new work environment with a different ethos and a different coach. The team is also in a bit of a rough patch and has players that don't want to be here any more so the dynamics might be a bit difficult.
With all of that I can fully understand that it will take time for these players to settle. I hope it doesn't take 2 years, but with the team in the process of rebuilding I hope they are given the two years unless they themselves want away before that.
Good post...well explained to this dubious Welshman. 😎

Been saying it for some time and I'm no millionaire pundit, not that yesterday told us anything.

Think that he was also forced to sell Maguire for a world record fee and you have to really give the guy serious credit.

He would have been my first pick had the timing been different.

You got to think United might well look at him or even Woolwich if Emery doesn't deliver.

Still think Leicester will fall short of top 4 but January will see them bolster without doubt so who knows.
Seem to have been here before in predicting Leicester will falter.

How long till we saw the best of Son??

How long till we saw the best of Danny Rose???
All players are different, Dele maybe we have already seen the best of him within the first few years.

Every footballer is different. So I don’t blame Poch for setting expectations.

Not to be that guy but Brooke had sources within the team way before he moved to the Athletic.

For example he was the guy who was first on the Walker out story by quite the margin.
I can’t think of a single piece written by Pit-Brooke that “claims sources close to the club etc”. He’s mainly an opinion writer and in the main he’s highly observant and seems to not get too stuck on the narratives others in the media do.
However, this was co-written by Charlie Eccleshire, a massive gooner who went through a Twitter purge, deleting all his old Tweets after landing a job at The Telegraph. He’s now writing stuff on Spurs, I suspect JPB might be assigned to another team, as it seems odd they would have two reporters dedicated to Spurs. The bloke is a cunt.

Back
Top Bottom