Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus you are a complete embarrassment. You live a compete warped happy clapper twitter buble devoid of reality.

Absolutely nothing has happened - there was no official approach from United, nothing.

It’s doesnt tell us anything about the strength of our position and it doesn’t tell us anything about our managers intentions given there was never an offer there.

To suggest otherwise it’s absurd, he may have taken the job, he may have not. What we do know it’s that he has walked out on previous clubs before when a bigger club has made an approach so how anyone can claim he wouldn’t do that to us and that we now we are somehow immune to the elite clubs advances is quite laughable.
The only thing you have correct in your dribble is that I'm a happy clapper, I've no problem with this whatsoever. For you to mention it in such terms and context tells the story of you. Someone that sees a happy clapper as bad, whilst positioning your miserable, negative, winging persona as the righteous!! Fuck off you miserable, depressing cunt.

Now onto a couple of facts:
If you think Man U weren't interested in Poch then you truly can't claim to have been watching football longer than a season. This is how it works, they can't contact Poch directly because he has a contract with us, in order to speak to him they have to ask Levy's permission. So what do they do, they use the press/media to make their intentions crystal clear. It's better to have Poch contact them than the other way around.

Poch was fiercely loyal to Cortese at Southampton, he even held a press conference at the time Cortese was close to being sacked (following the death of the owner and his daughter taking over) to state publicly that he would leave if Cortese was sacked. Cortese was sacked and a few months later he joined Spurs. (Poch was 100% brought into the project that Cortese put in place, he was opposed to anything new being proposed. He was absolutely spot-on too, because of look what's happened to them under the daughter and now the Chinese).

As for my reality, I have said from day one (from multiple fan hissy fits over press speculation about Madrid, Utd, PSG, whoever) wanting him that he will not leave, OH and look at where my reality has gotten! He's still here you twat! Seems to me my reality is being mirrored in err, reality!

Last edited:
Yes binned for being rationale in a sea of immaturity and delusion.

It’s somewhat telling that you take issue with my post and not his.

So tell me what does Manchester United appointing Solskjaer tell us about our standing exactly? When did they move for our manager? When was their a rejection from us and Pochettinho to this? What is our standing following this? Oh and who are all these supporters believing these supposedly agenda fuelled stories that the media have put out? Name some.
Whose?

Absolutely nothing if you don't think we need to replace them, otherwise there would be a thread.

If, like Eriksen (or Alderweireld) for example, he gets strongly linked with a move away we either discuss it in their thread or discuss possible replacements in the transfer wish list thread, where we would talk about the potential signings in more detail, as opposed to our player (who we would talk about in their thread).

In Poch’s case their isn’t a “summer transfer new manager wish list(rumours)” thread, so I started one where we could discuss the prospective options if he did leave.

The only thing you have correct in your dribble is that I'm a happy clapper, I've no problem with this whatsoever. For you to mention it in such terms and context tells the story of you. Someone that sees a happy clapper as bad, whilst positioning your miserable, negative, winging persona as the righteous!! Fuck off you miserable, depressing cunt.

That's the problem you don't see the issue with giving unquestioning support to the employees of the club when in fact the supporters are the custodians of the club and it's our job to hold them to account. That's what your lot time and time fail to grasp - you actually think we are accountable to them not the other way around.

No onto a couple of facts:
If you think Man U weren't interested in Poch then you truly can't claim to have been watching football longer than a season. This is how it works, they can't contact Poch directly because he has a contract with us, in order to speak to him they have to ask Levy's permission. So what do they do, they use the press/media to make their intentions crystal clear. It's better to have Poch contact them than the other way around.

So let me get this straight a club the size of Manchester United, which has repeatedly engaged in illegal tapping up cases, that could easily use intermediaries/third parties to make contact or who would just make an outright approach would instead choose to ignore that and sought to engage in an orchestrated media campaign to see if our manager was interested or not. Absolutely laughable - you actually believe the nonsense you come out with don't you?

Poch was fiercely loyal to Cortese at Southampton, he even held a press conference at the time Cortese was close to being sacked (following the death of the owner and his daughter taking over) to state publicly that he would leave if Cortese was sacked. Cortese was sacked and a few months later he joined Spurs. (Poch was 100% brought into the project that Cortese put in place, he was opposed to anything new being proposed. He was absolutely spot-on too, because of look what's happened to them under the daughter and now the Chinese).

That's nice apart from the fact that it is complete bullshit. Here is actually what he said in that press conference

I want to show my gratitude to Nicola Cortese. I believed in him, he brought me here, my staff and my family. I am full of gratitude to him," he said.

"Eight months ago when this happened we were finishing my first season and I did say that if he left there would be no sense for me to stay.

"The new situation is different. We are in the middle of our new project. Nicola knows of my decision to stay; I have spoken to him. I am fully committed to the staff, the players, the club and it would make no sense to leave in the middle of our path."

Now either you are lying or our manager is - which one is it?

As for my reality, I have said from day one (from multiple fan hissy fits over press speculation about Madrid, Utd, PSG, whoever) wanting him that he will not leave, OH and look at where my reality has gotten! He's still here you twat! Seems to me my reality is being mirrored in err, reality!

But there hasn't been an approach - you cant leave for another job when there is no offer, i mean come on. And why do you talk as if you know his exact intentions? How do you know he would turn these clubs down exactly? We simply don't know - all we know is that he has walked out on a club for a bigger club before despite publicly stating that it wouldn't make any sense to leave.

Last edited:
None of us know what happened, both United and Madrid could have approached him and then realised what Poch had been saying to the press was true or maybe it was just because Ole did such a good job and Zidane became available. Anyway it has all worked out for the best and hopefully Poch will be with us for many years to come.

That's the problem you don't see the issue with giving unquestioning support to the employees of the club when in fact the supporters are the custodians of the club andf it's our job to hold them to account. That's what your lot time and time fail to grasp - you actually think we are accountable to them no the other way around.

So let me get this straight a club the size of Manchester United, which has repeatedly engaged in illegal tapping up cases, that could easily use intermediaries/third parties to make contact or who would just make an outright approach would instead choose to ignore that and sought to engage an orchestrated media campaign to see our manager was interested or not. Absolutely laughable - you actually believe the nonsense you come out with don't you?

That's nice apart from the fact that it is complete bullshit. Here is actually what he said in that press conference

But there hasn't been an approach - you cant leave for another job when there is no offer, i mean come on. And why do you talk as if you know his exact intentions? How do you know he would turn these clubs down exactly? We simply don't know - all we know is that he has walked out on a club for a bigger club before despite publicly stating that it wouldn't make any sense to leave.

He was tapped up twice - he said no twice.

Do you have some proof of this?
Fuck off you dimwit. Do you have any proof he wasn’t? Stop wasting everyone’s time. It was obvious to anyone with a brain. You’re in the hood’s camp now - fuck me. He’s not at Real or Utd - so what’s so difficult to understand? Jesus. HE SAID NO. And don’t make me laugh about proof. When it’s presented to you on a plate you still twist it. You’re utterly pointless. Go fuck yourself.

You see I don’t take you seriously as a Spurs supporter. You’ve never seen Spurs, or even been to England, despite what you’ve claimed. Your clubs in order are: Real Madrid, Man U, Juve, Woolwich and Tottenham. And can you please stop quoting my posts you cunt. You literally make me feel ill.

Last edited:
Fuck off you dimwit. Do you have any proof he wasn’t? Stop wasting everyone’s time. It was obvious to anyone with a brain. You’re in the hood’s camp now - fuck me. He’s not at Real or Utd - so what’s so difficult to understand? Jesus. HE SAID NO. And don’t make me laugh about proof. When it’s presented to you on a plate you still twist it. You’re utterly pointless. Go fuck yourself.

You see I don’t take you seriously as a Spurs supporter. You’ve never seen Spurs, or even been to England, despite what you’ve claimed. Your clubs in order are: Real Madrid, Man U, Juve, Woolwich and Tottenham. And can you please stop quoting my posts you cunt. You literally make me feel ill.
Embarrassing drunk failure

05d997a9-5152-4071-bfba-d232c5f7e17c.jpeg

That's the problem you don't see the issue with giving unquestioning support to the employees of the club when in fact the supporters are the custodians of the club and it's our job to hold them to account. That's what your lot time and time fail to grasp - you actually think we are accountable to them not the other way around.

So let me get this straight a club the size of Manchester United, which has repeatedly engaged in illegal tapping up cases, that could easily use intermediaries/third parties to make contact or who would just make an outright approach would instead choose to ignore that and sought to engage in an orchestrated media campaign to see if our manager was interested or not. Absolutely laughable - you actually believe the nonsense you come out with don't you?

You really do not have a fucking clue, but thanks for putting it in black and white for all of us to laugh at.

Let's get right down to the nitty-gritty of me though, seeing as you seem to know just so much about me. I protested against the Club several times, I've stood outside of courtrooms, outside the Chairman's house, I've protested against the move to Stratford. I've also protested against high ticket pricing on a wider scope. So when you try to educate me on "my lot fail to grasp it time and time again" what actually are you referring to? Please be specific with your reply, seeing as you know the in's and out's of my bum crack.

If I held the belief that I was accountable to the board why would I er protest against them? Do you want to retract those words? I bet you don't. I bet I've been on more protests than you (but of course I haven't you've got each one you've been involved with tattooed on your arm as proof, lol. Twat). It would be good to know what you have protested against, you know just so we are clear what a fighter we have on our hands, I don't want to make the mistake of thinking that this forum is your only outlet for protest, because if it is (and my gut is telling me it is, probably Twitter too) then that would be hilarious.

On Poch, he remained at Southampton at the behest of Cortese. He remained for the sake of the club, it's continuity (and probably his responsibility to his family and his management team and their families too, but that's me just guessing). He did leave though, just as he said he would and only a handful of weeks after.

If, like Eriksen (or Alderweireld) for example, he gets strongly linked with a move away we either discuss it in their thread or discuss possible replacements in the transfer wish list thread, where we would talk about the potential signings in more detail, as opposed to our player (who we would talk about in their thread).

In Poch’s case their isn’t a “summer transfer new manager wish list(rumours)” thread, so I started one where we could discuss the prospective options if he did leave.
I'm NOT having a pop at you for starting a new thread. I mentioned a new one was started specifically about his replacement. The thread represented the feeling that many thought he was leaving, otherwise just discuss it in his thread, just like player speculation.

Again, I'm not having a pop, didn't even know who created it, I don't care who created it. Merely making a point that many thought he was leaving and used that thread as an example.

You really do not have a fucking clue, but thanks for putting it in black and white for all of us to laugh at.

Let's get right down to the nitty-gritty of me though, seeing as you seem to know just so much about me. I protested against the Club several times, I've stood outside of courtrooms, outside the Chairman's house, I've protested against the move to Stratford. I've also protested against high ticket pricing on a wider scope. So when you try to educate me on "my lot fail to grasp it time and time again" what actually are you referring to? Please be specific with your reply, seeing as you know the in's and out's of my bum crack.

If I held the belief that I was accountable to the board why would I er protest against them? Do you want to retract those words? I bet you don't. I bet I've been on more protests than you (but of course I haven't you've got each one you've been involved with tattooed on your arm as proof, lol. Twat). It would be good to know what you have protested against, you know just so we are clear what a fighter we have on our hands, I don't want to make the mistake of thinking that this forum is your only outlet for protest, because if it is (and my gut is telling me it is, probably Twitter too) then that would be hilarious.

On Poch, he remained at Southampton at the behest of Cortese. He remained for the sake of the club, it's continuity (and probably his responsibility to his family and his management team and their families too, but that's me just guessing). He did leave though, just as he said he would and only a handful of weeks after.

So despite your whole Cortese narrative being blown out of the water you choose to double down and continue with this. Unbelievable.

What evidence do have to support the notion that Pochettinho stayed at behest of Cortese? That's a personal conversation between both parties so I guess you were in the room when this conversation took place? Lets actually examine what he said

The new situation is different. We are in the middle of our new project. Nicola knows of my decision to stay; I have spoken to him. I am fully committed to the staff, the players, the club and it would make no sense to leave in the middle of our path."

So let me get this straight, lets look at facts, Cortese leaves, Pochettinho then publicly states that he has a conversation with him told of his decision to stay and then states that it would make no sense to leave in the middle of the new project ( which goes against another one of your suggestions). He then remains the club for another 5 months and only leaves when another club makes an official move for him.

How on earth does any of tie in with your narrative that Pochettinho only left Southampton because of his loyalty to Cortese? If that is the case why didn't he leave when Cortese left? Why did he remain until another club made a move for him? Why did he publicly state that he is fully committed to the staff and players and wouldn't walk in the middle of a project when he knew he was going to leave - that would make him a liar wouldn't it? Are you calling our manager a liar now?

What you trying to is to distort reality by trying to make out that our manager is a principled loyalist who would only walk if the club forced him too. You’re doing this as a comfort narrative - if that is correct then why would he leave us for any other club right? Again lets look at the facts - Why did he leave Newell's for Espanyol? Why did he leave Espanyol for PSG? Why did he leave Southampton for Spurs? It's almost as if there is a pattern there of him leaving smaller clubs for bigger ones much likes virtually ever other professional in the games does. Funny that.

As your support - so the evidence is protesting a board that hasn't been at the club in nearly 2 decades and a move to Statford over a decade ago. Ok. Where is you critic of Pochettinho? He is the longest serving PL manager - there must be some examples of you crticing his tenure? And what about our trophy drought? The longest since the '30s despite have 2 of the clubs best sides in the last decade? What about our prioritization of revenue streams over the competitions that have defined this clubs history? Where is your criticism of this? What we actually get instead his baseless mischaracterizations of the club's supporters as you did in this thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom