Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whereas you know everything, of course.
Everything I've ever said would appear to be where we are about now though John. We've spoken numerous times about it and here we are today with a committed, happy manger. A recruitment policy in which he's the major cog, the guvnor. Every bit of the intrinsic elements surrounding this, Mitchell's appointment and sacking, not having a DoF, being promoted as manager, not spunking money on anyone. You name it I've called it, I've called you out on it now consistently for years and here we are today.

I'm not a mind reader or a profit. I'm just intuned with what is happening at the club under Poch, I listen, watch and take notice. I don't weave a story around a preconceived notion and try to stitch, weave and fabricate events to tell something different.

You I'm afraid are not.

For all Johns stuff yesterday about what a great interview it was and how brilliant that Poch wants to stay to the end, that tweet today has filled him with absolute joy.

It’s just weird to be honest
Until later on this afternoon when Sky say that after last night shitshow against Burnley has convinced Man U that Ole isn't their man. Then it will be about not being backed and he's off.

Everything I've ever said would appear to be where we are about now though John. We've spoken numerous times about it and here we are today with a committed, happy manger. A recruitment policy in which he's the major cog, the guvnor. Every bit of the intrinsic elements surrounding this, Mitchell's appointment and sacking, not having a DoF, being promoted as manager, not spunking money on anyone. You name it I've called it, I've called you out on it now consistently for years and here we are today.

I'm not a mind reader or a profit. I'm just intuned with what is happening at the club under Poch, I listen, watch and take notice. I don't weave a story around a preconceived notion and try to stitch, weave and fabricate events to tell something different.

You I'm afraid are not.

Lets see what Johns predicted in that time

12-14th place finish
No pay rise for Kane
Sale of Kane
No pay rise for Dele
Sale of Dele
Poch having no say in window
Poch having no input to policy
No pay rise for Poch
Poch will leave by end of last summer
Poch will leave by last Christmas
Levy’s wages are eating into transfer kitty
Squad is not top 4
Stadium will not happen
Wembley is next level
Policy has failed
Training facilities offer nothing
Club has not invested
Club can compete financially with Man City

12-14th place finish
No pay rise for Kane
Sale of Kane
No pay rise for Dele
Sale of Dele
No pay rise for Poch
Squad is not top 4
Stadium will not happen
Wembley is next level
Policy has failed
Club has not invested
What has he got right?

j51uHm1.gif

Well we’ve reached a place where he revels in bad news.
Actually, I would disagree with that one Sammy. I wouldn't say he revels in the negative but this where he mostly operates. There's a ranting and raving process and then therapy kicks in.

But you do get the feeling that if he remains wedded to the path he's on then there is little alternative than to rejoice in the bad, there is nowhere else to go.

Actually, I would disagree with that one Sammy. I wouldn't say he revels in the negative but this where he mostly operates. There's a ranting and raving process and then therapy kicks in.

But you do get the feeling that if he remains wedded to the path he's on then there is little alternative than to rejoice in the bad, there is nowhere else to go.

He’s been on that path though for years.
I genuinely believe he wants us to lose tonight.

I can’t see how he could possibly want THIS squad, with these injuries to finish 3rd.
I don’t think he would rejoice with unashamed delerium if THIS squad won the CL.
How could he now?

I think he’s past the point of watching games with hope and expectation. His “bigger picture” is to fail now, and force a big spend.
Or for ENIC to sell us to some random American or Thai businessman and pump gazillions of private money into the club.

Fuck Skipp and Sterling basically

Last edited:
Didn't someone say that those world class facilities for our players to stay overnight at the training ground was only built to accomodate visiting sporting teams and wasn't for our own players?

Amazing the lengths some people go to, to shit on their own club.

I posted this on the Spurs Vs Girona thread back in August.

I think it is quite evident that's what he meant.
I don't get it, if he meant youth, why does he need to speak to Levy about that? Playing youth is not a 'new project' it's the old and part of the original model, finally if he meant playing youth, why not just say so?

“In the past couple of years, Liverpool have invested a lot of money,” the Argentine stressed to ESPN . “I need a washing machine, your wife asks you for a washing machine. Now I need a door, a lightbulb, a bed.

“But for us, due to a number of circumstances, we’ve tried to produce young players with great futures such as Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Kieran Tripper or Harry Winks.

“We are creating players. But in this case, Liverpool need a defender, they get Van Dijk. They need a goalkeeper, who’s the best? Alisson!”

He continued: “It’s the same as Manchester City. In the end, it’s valid as Real Madrid and Barcelona do the same because they’re on a different level.

“At the moment, Tottenham haven’t reached that level, so when we can’t buy a washing machine, we get a dryer that can do the same job. Instead of a sofa, we get a chair where you can also sit.

“That’s the difference between Tottenham and the teams that are built to win.”

Reminds me of that Benitez press conference at Valencia where he said “I asked for a table and they give me a lampshade” lol. Also don’t Liverpool have a free academy RB, a £4M CB Joe Gomez and £8M LB Andy Robertson, so it’s not really similar to Man City at all, plus they sold a player for £150M and players like Ings and Solanke for £20M each which is insane...

Last edited:
I don't get it, if he meant youth, why does he need to speak to Levy about that? Playing youth is not a 'new project' it's the old and part of the original model, finally if he meant playing youth, why not just say so?
And if he meant play youth, why the fucking fuck does Llorente get near the stadium on match days?

“In the past couple of years, Liverpool have invested a lot of money,” the Argentine stressed to ESPN . “I need a washing machine, your wife asks you for a washing machine. Now I need a door, a lightbulb, a bed.

“But for us, due to a number of circumstances, we’ve tried to produce young players with great futures such as Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Kieran Tripper or Harry Winks.

“We are creating players. But in this case, Liverpool need a defender, they get Van Dijk. They need a goalkeeper, who’s the best? Alisson!”

He continued: “It’s the same as Manchester City. In the end, it’s valid as Real Madrid and Barcelona do the same because they’re on a different level.

“At the moment, Tottenham haven’t reached that level, so when we can’t buy a washing machine, we get a dryer that can do the same job. Instead of a sofa, we get a chair where you can also sit.

“That’s the difference between Tottenham and the teams that are built to win.”

Reminds me of that Benitez press conference at Valencia where he said “I asked for a table and they give me a lampshade” lol. Also don’t Liverpool have a free academy RB, a £4M CB Joe Gomez and £8M LB Andy Robertson, so it’s not really similar to Man City at all, plus they sold a player for £150M and players like Ings and Solanke for £20M each which is insane...

Liverpool broke the world transfer record for a defender and goalkeeper - you can't really build a case that they haven't spent a ridiculous amount recently

12-14th place finish
No pay rise for Kane
Sale of Kane
No pay rise for Dele
Sale of Dele
No pay rise for Poch
Squad is not top 4
Stadium will not happen
Wembley is next level
Policy has failed
Club has not invested

I love bingo!

Fuck me you STILL don't get it. You STILL have no clue as to what is going on.

Yesterday his latest quote hadn’t been printed yet, so how could I have commented on it.

Of course he contradicts himself. He said (domestic) trophies were just “ego feeders”, then the next day he said “no one wants to win them more than me”.

In the summer he said it’s “day one” for the players, then continues to isolate Janssen and GKN

He says we want to win titles, then says we are aiming at top 4.

But what he hasn’t contradicted himself over is about the club’s policy and his commitment to it. Not sure what’s got you so giddy about that.

For all Johns stuff yesterday about what a great interview it was and how brilliant that Poch wants to stay to the end, that tweet today has filled him with absolute joy.

It’s just weird to be honest

You I'm afraid are not.

12-14th place finish
No pay rise for Kane
Sale of Kane
No pay rise for Dele
Sale of Dele
No pay rise for Poch
Squad is not top 4
Stadium will not happen
Wembley is next level
Policy has failed
Club has not invested

What has he got right?

j51uHm1.gif

Well we’ve reached a place where he revels in bad news.

He’s been on that path though for years.
I genuinely believe he wants us to lose tonight.

I can’t see how he could possibly want THIS squad, with these injuries to finish 3rd.
I don’t think he would rejoice with unashamed delerium if THIS squad won the CL.
How could he now?

I think he’s past the point of watching games with hope and expectation. His “bigger picture” is to fail now, and force a big spend.
Or for ENIC to sell us to some random American or Thai businessman and pump gazillions of private money into the club.

Fuck Skipp and Sterling basically
Good grief lads, the state of you two. Get a life, or a job.

A whole page debating the musings and thoughts of another poster rather than those of our manager, Mauricio Pocchetino .

I just gave one, honest, well thought out reply to a post from SS Billy. And you're acting like a pair of 3 year olds.

Look, one thing we can probably all 3 of us agree on, Poch has made it clear he loves the club and loves the fans.

We can also agree that he's an ambitious man and wants to reach the top and compete for the top honours.

Surely we can also agree on his desire to achieve those aims with us.

But he's clearly left the door ajar. Now, this is where we differ.

I think he's made it clear on numerous occassions that he's frustrated that he's achieved his initial goals earlier than expected but the club/board have been reluctant to keep up and match that rate of progress by backing him sufficiently in the transfer window.

You think otherwise. Cool.

He's made it clear he wants the club to be brave and match his ambition.

You think differently .

But lets keep this the POCCHETINO thread, eh, guys

Last edited:
Liverpool broke the world transfer record for a defender and goalkeeper - you can't really build a case that they haven't spent a ridiculous amount recently

They spent that money because they sold their best player at the time for an insane fee.

If we want to go back to that strategy, we can. We can sell Eriksen for £120m and buy 2 top players with that money. Maybe that's the only way for us to be able to operate in this new market. Frenkie De Jong has the same sort of hype that Eriksen did at Ajax yet he cost 7 times as much. The days when we could scoop someone up for peanuts are over. Bayern are trying to buy one of Chelsea's academy players for £40m.

Good grief lads, the state of you two. Get a life, or a job.

A whole page debating the musings and thoughts of another poster rather than those of our manager, Mauricio Pocchetino .

Your total lack of self awareness just knows no bounds

Search "Sammy" posted by user "John Thomas"
Page 1 of 20

I'm not surprised you missed it though Sammy

:adethumbup:

Sammy and Spursdem. The model fans.

tumblr_m1bi8iOljf1qbzqexo1_500.gif

Airfixx in the middle, obviously

Found out, Sammy.
As always from me, praise where I think its been merited, criticism when deserved.
Unlike you, and Spursdem. I'm not a closed book. Not your model fan, if you like

Fucking hell. This is getting quite ridiculous now. Sammy says I never support Levy, within seconds I find a post to prove otherwise.
And still Spursdem squirms around like a little maggot claiming otherwise.

Here we go, another 1 for you to wank over

So, he rightly says we are doing a fantastic job by getting where we are while spending fuck-all, but need to start operating differently if we want to be real contenders.

I wonder how Sammy and Spursdem etc will spin this one.

Back the man please Levy. He's earned it.

Morning Sammy.
It's their unwillingness to invest in the football team that rankles with most of us.
You've just posted a business report that doesn't mention the football team once.....

That's a really poor effort from you there, Sammy. Really poor.

So you've answered my question on Sammy's behalf.....only you haven't really answered it.
He said Poch's comments endorsing top 4 as being the clubs priority was a disgrace . Yes, he used that word.

How you managed to type that with one hand while simultaneously pulling off Sammy with the other is one of the wonders of this thread.

Sammy: the forum's chief mindreader:dembelelol:

But he didnt say it did he. He said nothing of the sort so you're now resorting to some kind of mindreading ability to decode his comments as a means to back up you're ridiculous arguments.

Poch appreciates the supporters of this football club.
ALL of them.

Ahh, Sammy.
I'm on the inside, looking out. As ever.
Poch seems committed to Spurs, great news for those of us that Love Poch.,

I know.
He posted 6 gifs on the last page and everyone but Sammy is ignoring him.
Thought this was a football forum, not some kinda popularity contest:disdain:

Sammy and Spursdem , sitting in a tree........

Seohyun%20and%20Hyoyeon%20SNSD%20Girls%27%20Generation%20Happy%20Together%20GIF%20%286%29.gif

Oh.I thought the C word was common currency on here. A term of endearment almost.
No worries . If Sammy's offended I'll happily re-phrase it

:dierpochhug:

I know but my point is they sold Coutinho for £150M, Solanke £20M, Ings £20M, Ward £13M etc so it’s not really similar to Man City plus they have bargain bucket signings in their first team too unlike City

Back
Top Bottom