Match Ratings - Swansea (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris - 8 - Huge punch at the end

Walker - 6 - Incredible shot and good going forward but still unsettled at the back
Gallas - 6 - Decent but could help out Walker better
Vertonghen - 8 - Great goal
Naughton - 7 - Good for a right-footer at left-back

Lennon - 6.5 - Made good runs but little end product
Sandro - 7 - Works well with Dembele
Dembele - 8 - Works well with Sandro
Dempsey - 6 - Didn't do much wrong

Defoe - 6.5 - Made good runs and had some good shots but his finishing was off
Adebayor - 6 - Great hold up play but stayed on the left wing and didn't finish the game

Townsend - 8 - Did a really good job coming on with the game level
Siggy - 6.5 - He is trying and improving; just needs more time

Lloris - 7.5 - 0 shots on target the whole game but kept concentration

Walker - 7.5 - thought he had a good game both going forward and defending, assist was his
Gallas - 7 - other than being outpaced by Michu for a second and knocking behind for a corner at the end I thought he did what was asked of him, good offside play today
Vertonghen - 8 - let's keep him at centre back
Naughton - 7 - needs a left foot for his style of play

Lennon - 6.5 - did well defensively but want him to run at defenders like Townsend did
Sandro - 7.5 - midfield destroyer
Dembele - 8 - so comfortable on the ball
Dempsey - 6 - not a great contribution today

Defoe - 6.5 - first time in a while I thought he was involved in play and he goes and forgets his shooting boots!
Adebayor - 6 - seems to be struggling, not sure what is going on there

Subs:

Sigurdsson - 7 - lovely through ball to Defoe and was involved in play a lot when he came on
Townsend - 7 - won free kick which led to goal by running at defenders

Lloris - 8
Walker - 6
Gallas - 6
Vertonghen - 8
Naughton - 6
Lennon - 6
Sandro - 7
Dembele - 7
Dempsey - 6
Defoe - 7
Adebayor - 6

Sigurdsson- 7.5
Townsend - 6

Lloris 8 - thought that punch at the end really saved it
Walker 7 - good effort
Gallas 7 - did well, but I'd prefer to see Caulker
Vertonghen 9 - Good game. Keep him at centerback...he's going to be a special player
Naughton 7 - did well in an unnatural position
Lennon 6 - good effort, really wish he got a few more goals
Sandro 8 - dude is a monster
Dembele 7 - was quite good in possesion...really like how he's playing right now
Dempsey 5 - worked hard, didn't quite get into the game today...
Defoe 5 - felt he regressed into the "I'm near the box, i better shoot" only mode
Adebayor 6 - seems a bit off, hope he's not hurt

Sigurdsson 6 - looked positive on the pitch
Townsend 6 - I was suprised by his time on the pitch, he played well

Lloris- 8
Walker- 6
Gallas- 7.5
Vertonghen- 8
Naughton- 7
Lennon- 6.5
Sandro- 8
Dembele- 8
Dempsey- 7
Defoe- 5
Adebayor- 6

Sigurdsson- 6
Townsend- 7.5

High ratings for Sandro and Dembele because together they ensured that we dictated large periods of the play and squeezed the opposition, which was ultimately what ensured we won. Townsend was extremely lively and won/took the free kick which got us the goal so he gets a good rating too.

Lloris - 7 Didn't have a lot to do, but his punch on Michu was awesome

Walker - 6 Looked potent, if a little wasteful going forward, needs to cut out the silly passes close to our goal.
Gallas - 7
Vertonghen - 8
Naughton - 7 actually looked pretty good on the few occasions swansea troubled him.

Sandro - 6 Makes a lot of interceptions, but is another player who needs to cut out the risky passes close to our goal.
Dembele - 8 Our main creative threat today.
Dempsey - 5 Was crowded out and was unable to play his game, still not convinced he is good enough
Lennon - 7 makes some great runs but needs to show some killer instinct.

Adebayor - 7 Worked like a trojan, hope he isn't out long.
Defoe - 6 got in good positions and wasted several opportunities.

Lloris - 8 - Did well under pressure at the end

Walker - 8 - Solid again, threat going forward, good all round game
Gallas - 7 - Didn't really do anything wrong, fair play to him
Vertonghen - 8 - Calm at the back, cracking goal
Naughton - 7 - Struggled a little bit but grew into it, tried his best to help the attack as well

Lennon - 6 - Threatening but didn't really produce much. Should shoot more
Sandro - 7 - Standard battling performance we've come to expect
Dembele - 7 - Not brilliant today but shifted the ball well.
Dempsey - 6 - Not as good as the past few weeks, didn't really get into the game

Defoe - 6 - Lack of composure let him down today
Adebayor - 7 - Battled well, linked play and caused problems

Townsend - 7 - Lively performance, if he can come on and make an impact like this regularly it would be great
Siggy - 7 - Worked hard and made some good passes. Ran the clock down well and good set-piece delivery

Lloris - 8 - Huge punch at the end

Walker - 6 - Incredible shot and good going forward but still unsettled at the back
Gallas - 6 - Decent but could help out Walker better
Vertonghen - 8 - Great goal
Naughton - 7 - Good for a right-footer at left-back

Lennon - 6.5 - Made good runs but little end product
Sandro - 7 - Works well with Dembele
Dembele - 8 - Works well with Sandro
Dempsey - 6 - Didn't do much wrong

Defoe - 6.5 - Made good runs and had some good shots but his finishing was off
Adebayor - 6 - Great hold up play but stayed on the left wing and didn't finish the game

Townsend - 8 - Did a really good job coming on with the game level
Siggy - 6.5 - He is trying and improving; just needs more time
unrelated but your pic looks like a romantic movie starring ledley where he just got his heart broken

Lloris- 8.5 Smart moves, clean sheet, kept Gallas in the game

Walker- 6.5
Gallas- 6
Vertonghen- 9 clutch goal but also showed incredible work rates on offense and defense
Naughton- 7 really showed a desire to be a constant face on the first team

Lennon- 6 that one run was great, but needs to trust himself a bit more
Sandro- 7.5
Demeble- 7.5 real team player, had about 3/4 opportunities to work into the box himself but didn't take it
Dempsey- 6.5 good attacking focus, could have used him a bit more today

Defoe- 6
Ade-6.5 solid performance, but I agree with Hyndzee--too much wing work.

Townsend- 8 Best sub of the game.
Siggy- 6 didn't gift away as many as usual but needs work, but I would rather see others sub in for him (Tom, Falque)
Parker- :) glad to see you back.

Lloris 7 Not a lot to do, great punching though, didn't think he had that part in him.
Walker 6 Very good going forward. Defending very suspect still, backpost defending a real worry
Gallas 7 Very safe today. When not up against mightily strong strikers he is very effective.
Vertonghen 8 Gets a +1 for the goal
Naughton 5 Actually not bad defending despite no help from Dempsey, but absolutely no confidence with the ball attacking.
Lennon 6 Another inspiring shift of work pressing and tracking but is clearly lacking support, deep passes and just a gameplan
Sandro 7 Great defending, not so great passing. Poor pass selection and dangerous stray balls.
Dembele 8 yet again our best player and the best on the pitch. No doubts.
Dempsey 5 Another poor display being a part of a 4 man midfield defending, but also little attacking succes today.
Defoe 5 Poor overall, got his chances but blew them. The last two games from him have been very poor performances.
Adebayor 7 Quite pleased with him. High rate of errors but immensely important. Very mobile and always and outlet. Only truly proactive attacking player today showing creativity, vision and initiative.

Sigurdsson 6 Not a bad cameo, best pressing I have seen for a while, decent forward passes and good set pieces.
Townsend 7 Very good sub appearence, lots of confidence making runs, taking on players. Should have scored on his chances though, would have earned him an 8.

Overall an alright performance against an in form team. We expected an in-form, wildly attacking Barcelona-wannabe side, who would run themselves into the sword. Instead we got compact opposition happy to counterattack, who outnumbered our dysfunctional 4-4-2 formation in midfield and limited our option. Yet we did well.

Plenty to be cheerful of. We lost our possibly three best players (King, VdV, Luka), have our next two best defenders (Kaboul, Ekotto) and our midfield general (Parker) our injured and our new manager still struggles with our attacking gameplan as well as our formation. Yet we are 4th and in my eyes thorougly dominated the talk team of this seasons league. Oh, and we got the result for it and could have had more.

Think I've overrated Naughton simply 'cos I've been comparing him to his other awful performances. He was competent defensively, but offered nothing else.

I thought Walker was our second best player today, especially defensively. Disappointed with some of the ratings for him

I'll bite on this one :klinsmann:

My rating is based on the fact, that he still struggles with the positional part of his defending, which against passing sides is a whole lot of defending. The upside is, that Kyle is a monster when defending against wingers one-on-one. Even Routledge, who's grown into a clever little winger, resorted to giving Kyle a few stepovers and then cutting in looking for a 3-point pass most game and Davies kept a wise distance too.
That's great and a symptom of him most games now.

However his backpost defending is still awful, their RB cross for Routledge in the first half was decent but Kyle was all over the place, doesn't know his zone, didn't know where his winger was, didn't attack the cross either. Shambolic. And that too, unfortunately, is a symptom.

Btw 6 is not a bad rating. It's above average. But no way he was anywhere near fellow defenders Gallas let alone Jan, and he certainly wasn't as good ad Dembélé. So we'll have to disagree on the '2nd best player bit'. :sneaky:

I'll bite on this one :klinsmann:

My rating is based on the fact, that he still struggles with the positional part of his defending, which against passing sides is a whole lot of defending. The upside is, that Kyle is a monster when defending against wingers one-on-one. Even Routledge, who's grown into a clever little winger, resorted to giving Kyle a few stepovers and then cutting in looking for a 3-point pass most game and Davies kept a wise distance too.
That's great and a symptom of him most games now.

However his backpost defending is still awful, their RB cross for Routledge in the first half was decent but Kyle was all over the place, doesn't know his zone, didn't know where his winger was, didn't attack the cross either. Shambolic. And that too, unfortunately, is a symptom.

Btw 6 is not a bad rating. It's above average. But no way he was anywhere near fellow defenders Gallas let alone Jan, and he certainly wasn't as good ad Dembélé. So we'll have to disagree on the '2nd best player bit'. :sneaky:

Fair enough, and you explained your reasons well. For me he stopped a lot of their attacks stone dead with some great tackling, and worked hard up and down the line, and offered a fair bit in attack. One of his better performances this season

Lloris - 7

Walker - 8
Gallas - 7
Vertonghen - 8
Naughton - 7

Lennon - 6.5
Dembele - 8.5
Sandro - 8
Dempsey - 6.5

Defoe - 6.5
Ade - 6.5

Siggy - 6.5