Match officials: Bent, incompetent or just trying to do their best.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think there is any bias.
For our game on a Sunday the ref is Paul Merson, the lino's are Alan Smith and Gunnersaurus. 4th official is piers Morgan. VAR is DT and the VAR assistants are Laura woods, Bukayo Saka and Tony Adams.

Whilst I don't think Nottm Forest have covered themselves in glory with regards to the their tweet, I'm not surprised this has all kicked off and there seems to be a certain element of logic within their tweet.

The standards this season have been absolutely shocking from the officials with some proper dodgy decisions.

Ever since Forest appointed Battenberg, they've moaned at the officials. It's almost like they are wanting an excuse for if they get relegated.

I find it absolutely incredible how many people here are typing Forrest and not Forest. SHOCKING.

Tom Hanks Run GIF by Regal

Me editing my post

Last edited:
Dermot Gallagher, was doing his best again to stick up for his former colleagues.

He said the first penalty claim for Forest was not a penalty in his opinion and he felt contact was not enough for VAR to refer the ref to the monitor.

This is the same bloke that said at the start of the season that Sonny barely touching a Brentford player was definitely a penalty and it was right for VAR to intervene and tell the ref to give a penalty look at the monitor

VAR in the EPL is corrupt - no one can convince me otherwise...

Kulu clipped in the build up to their second

Kulu clipped in the penalty area by Ødegaard (yet nothing)

White barged into Vicario on Woolwich's 3 rd goal - clearly seen on the reply.

Drawing an imaginary line to make van de Van off-side - when he got the ball off from an Woolwich player (so two wrong decisions against Spurs in that goal incident).

Tomiyasu should have had several yellow cards

Partey stamping Kulu, yet no yellow given. He got a yellow later.

Partey pushed Romero with 2 straight hands before his (Romero) header hit the post.

Six minutes added - more or less the time Raya rolled on the ground

Davies kicked in the nuts - yet nothing given.

Last edited:
VAR in the EPL is corrupt - no one can convince me otherwise...

Kulu clipped in the build up to their second

Kulu clipped in the penalty area by Ødegaard (yet nothing)

White barged into Vicario on Woolwich's 3 rd goal - clearly seen on the reply.

Drawing an imaginary line to make van de Van off-side - when he got the ball off from an Woolwich player (so two wrong decisions against Spurs in that goal incident).

Tomiyasu should have had several yellow cards

Partey stamping Kulu, yet no yellow given. He got a yellow later.

Partey pushed Romero with 2 straight hands before he header hit the post.

Six minutes added - more or less the time Raya rolled on the ground

Davies kicked in the nuts - yet nothing given.

As close as you can get to being clearly and obviously right there is your face.

Flip the actors. Ben White is up and heading the ball into the net as Bissouma, both arms outstreched, palms wide, running at him, shoves him, pushing him back through the air. Pen given?

Saka into the box with the ball, Richarlison clumsily barges into him from behind, clipping his heels. Saka throws himself down screaming in agony. Pen Given?

:ange-hmm:

Back
Top Bottom