Match officials: Bent, incompetent or just trying to do their best.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I absolutely love how Forest have handled the situation yesterday and have doubled down on both occasions despite puppets like Neville and Carragher labelling it a disgrace.

Forest coming out saying Atwell is a Luton is obviously inside knowledge given to them by Clattenburg in which they deemed it necessary to tell the PGMOL a week before that it would not be fair to have him on VAR. The corrupt twat Howard Webb (who swindled decisions for Manchester united for years) ignored the request despite it being very easy to swap over officials.

3 decisions wrong ffs? 2 being definite pens and 1 being borderline (but still a 60/40 decisions of a pen) is an absolute joke. Why can't they feel there's a bit of foul play going on when the person responsible for making these decisions is the fan of a rival relegation threatend team?

They didn't have ANY concerns about Atwell before the game, despite having full knowledge of who he supports. But post match they have concerns about Atwell being a Luton supporter.

Sorry, but this is on Forrest and absolutely no one else.

I hope they are relegated as a direct consequence of their post-match message, it's outrageous and undermines the integrity of the game.
eh?? they said they brought it to the PGMOL attention in the week leading to the game???

The PGMOL have some fucking nerve to cry about their integrity being questioned when we already know clattencunt whilst being a referee once told a player "I should send you off but I want you to win the league".

Now Clattencunt is on the other side and is getting paid in this consultancy role so he's calling shit out based on inside knowledge and they're petrified.

Dale Johnson, who's carved out a niche of all things PGMOL/VAR etc has reported that Clattenburg, Forest's refereeing consultant, met with Howard Webb, the head of officials in the Premier League ahead of the game, yet he did not raise an issue about Attwell being in the VAR hub.
eh? so you're saying Forest are blatantly lying in regards to the statement they put out??

There is no issue if one isn't raised, especially as the opportunity to raise them is given in a pre-match meeting to discuss if a club has any issues.

There's a literal issue if there's a conflict of interest, doesn't matter if one is raised or not - it shouldn't be down to PL clubs to Police the PGMOL when they should be doing it themselves.

There's a literal issue if there's a conflict of interest, doesn't matter if one is raised or not - it shouldn't be down to PL clubs to Police the PGMOL when they should be doing it themselves.
If Forrest (or any other Club) believes there is a conflict of interest they have the opportunity to raise it as a concern, the officials will then be swapped, this happens with other matches and has resulted in officials being moved to different games. It's really not that hard.

Evangelos Marinakis with numerous allegations of match-fixing and drug trafficking, found guilty of breaking FFP/PSR rules lying? No surely not
there's a difference between undercover lying and blatantly putting your name/club on a statement specifically stating something happened.

PGMOL have come out with a statement as well and in no part of the statement have they denied Forest's claims that they voiced concerns prior to the game.

If Forrest (or any other Club) believes there is a conflict of interest they have the opportunity to raise it as a concern, the officials will then be swapped, this happens with other matches and has resulted in officials being moved to different games. It's really not that hard.
how do you know the officials will be swapped? you're speculating. This is the official on VAR we are talking about here and not the on field referee where this has actually happened.

This all stinks tbh. Apparently last season they swpped the referee of an Ipswich game because he was a Sheffield Wednesday fan who were competing for promotion with Ipswich and they only did so because Ipswich requested them to do so. I mean, are you telling me they were not aware of this fact prior to the request? or that they thought it was perfectly fine? fucking stinks.

The issue is with Forrest.

Every team has the right to raise a concern before a match, Forrest employs one of the highest profile ex-refs (are they the ONLY club to have an ex-ref in such a role? I think they are.) to ever have officiated in this country. He met with PGMOL before the game where the opportunity to raise any concerns was appropriate and is standard for the agenda of every pre-match meeting for every team, he didn't raise it as a concern despite knowing who he supported.

It's on Forrest and Battenberg.
Black FOREST cherry cake vs an M and S BATTENBURG cake...

there's a difference between undercover lying and blatantly putting your name/club on a statement specifically stating something happened.

PGMOL have come out with a statement as well and in no part of the statement have they denied Forest's claims that they voiced concerns prior to the game.
First, it's not exactly known if the Forrest statement is the owner, Clattenburg or an intern working in the PR dept who believes in conspiracy theories.

I don't believe the PGMOL have released a statement, if they have I haven't seen it. There have been two statements that I'm aware of issued first one from the FA and the 2nd from the PL. The FA have asked for information to investigate it and the PL has expressed disappointment at the inference of the accusations, which there exist rules about what can be said but they also acknowledge the FA will investigate.

Back
Top Bottom