Marks for Levy/Enic

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Marks

• A Outstanding

• B Good

• C Average

• D Below average

• E Dismal

• F Utter failure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Agreed, but if someone was purely and simply assessing his tenure on the basis of success on the field (which I would say is far too simplistic), I could at least see how they could take that view. "Outstanding" would suggest that you are purely and simply assesssing anything apart from that, which makes no sense if you're a fan of the team
That's what I was getting at. Some fans are way more in to the buisness side of things & success in that area rather than the football side. How else could you vote outstanding. More fans of levy/enic than the players & team.

Last edited:
Should be an option for “Safe & Secure”

They have easily solidified us as the top mid table club in English footballs top tier both on and off the field...

Has the building blocks for future success (silverware) truly been laid with all the infrastructure we have invested in? Only time will tell...
Good post. A vote for ENIC/levy is a vote for 'safe & secure'. We won't win trophies or prioritise the football side of things. But we won't fall apart & end up in relegation or financial trouble.

After 14 goals in a shit Swansea team; people were crowing about Llorente choosing us instead of Chelsea.

He spent way to much time subsequent rusting on the bench once he signed, but even then he came through for us when we needed him most.... i.e. Against City & Ajax.

Big up Papa Llorente.... He did alright by us.
Completely agree. Was never used enough with us and gets called shit or a joke. I felt sorry for him the way he got treated after the career he had

I think Poch and Levy both made the constant mistake of looking for backup to Kane.
They should have been looking for players to rival him.

Great managers always look to improve the squad and rarely care for sentiment.

This is a difficult one for me. When they took over, we were an utter shambles and not even trying to compete with leading English clubs. The PL and Sky years had us as a weak embarrassment of a mid table club with nothing but allusions of grandeur from a very grainy past.

20 years later and we’re one of the big teams - except for one mayor exception: trophies.

Liverpool, Arse, Chavs, Yanited, City have all won PL titles and FA Cups in that time. We have fuck all.

We are commercially successful, we have great facilities, our global brand is hugely enhanced... but on the pitch it hasn’t been good enough. Time and again our decisions around the First Team squad have been poor, and we’ve missed key opportunities to really push on and cement ourselves as a leading club where it matters.

Great business leadership; mediocre footballing leadership at best.

C.
Same for me, well, C- but I voted "Average" too.

It's hard to assess, what with there being two wildly different criteria. B for one, D for the other, so C. The minus is for the lack of transparency and signing Nelson and Saha

I can't wait to see the back of them TBH, but I think FFP has put paid to that ever happening. We'd cost too much to buy and be too restricted in the market for a serious investor to change things now without bending the rules. With City on the Ropes and other clubs having transfer window bans now isn't the time for rule bending.

People may shout about the facilities, but a training ground in a field wasn't hard to build and will be surpassed by the elite clubs within 10 years.
The stadium was a fucking fiasco. ENIC came in around 20 years ago and spent most of that posturing here there and everywhere, ultimately taking too long, costing too much and potentially never seeing the benefit of it on the pitch. I don’t have a problem with the place, but I can't really see how having to pay the finance on it, with still no naming rights over a year after it opened is helping us.

Then there's just the general embarrassing transfer window antics year after year after year.

All that for ONE league cup and rarely if ever have we seized a moment and pushed on from any glimmer of improvement. I think Levy landed on his feet both with Redknapp and with Poch. They were likely both taken on as the cheapest options.

Last edited:
This is a difficult one for me. When they took over, we were an utter shambles and not even trying to compete with leading English clubs. The PL and Sky years had us as a weak embarrassment of a mid table club with nothing but allusions of grandeur from a very grainy past.

20 years later and we’re one of the big teams - except for one mayor exception: trophies.

Liverpool, Arse, Chavs, Yanited, City have all won PL titles and FA Cups in that time. We have fuck all.

We are commercially successful, we have great facilities, our global brand is hugely enhanced... but on the pitch it hasn’t been good enough. Time and again our decisions around the First Team squad have been poor, and we’ve missed key opportunities to really push on and cement ourselves as a leading club where it matters.

Great business leadership; mediocre footballing leadership at best.

C.

It's life. Not everyone is always in agreement with you.
And sorry to tell you this and I hope that it doesn't have you jumping off beachy head but sometimes you are wrong.:dembelefingers:
No problem with being wrong.

Only asking for an explanation for being wrong. After all that's what this forum is for, an exchange of ideas and opinions.

Not everyone is after a cunt off..... Although plainly you are one of those.

Back
Top Bottom