Manor Solomon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in full training and will probably be in contention to play against City.

Seems like some of our fans don't want him to play for us since his Tweet about the Israel/Palestine conflict, what's the consensus here?

There won’t be a consensus but I like the idea of having another option and we saw some pretty good performances from him. With Richy back and firing I think the two could be a really good for each other.

Seems like some of our fans don't want him to play for us since his Tweet about the Israel/Palestine conflict, what's the consensus here?
I didn't like Lucas Moura's political views but I still supported the player.

No different with Solomon. I think we just need to be grown up about these things.

Its better Spurs tell him to have any tweet on that subject passed by them first.

Some (eg It is totally unacceptable in a civilised society for Hamas to attack and murder innocent Jewish people - including non Israelis - on 7 October 2023) should be fine.

Others supporting everything Israel does is likely to be unacceptable to many people throughout the world as that includes genocide of Palestinian people.

Its a judgement thing, and generally better if sportsmen stay out of an area where they may not have as much knowledge as they might.

didn't like Lucas Moura's political views but I still supported the player.
Exsctly right.
The couple of cunts on here that called for Lucas to be sacked because he didn’t share their worldview need to fucking grow up.

The world is a big and diverse place and not everyone that you work with is going to share your political point of view.

Lucas takes a biblical view on homosexuality— one I don’t share — and votes accordingly. To my knowledge, he isn’t calling for criminalization, detention or the death penalty for gays. There shouldn’t be a fucking political litmus test to play on a team and any supporter trying to dictate otherwise should fuck off and find another team or sport.

Exsctly right.
The couple of cunts on here that called for Lucas to be sacked because he didn’t share their worldview need to fucking grow up.

The world is a big and diverse place and not everyone that you work with is going to share your political point of view.

Lucas takes a biblical view on homosexuality— one I don’t share — and votes accordingly. To my knowledge, he isn’t calling for criminalization, detention or the death penalty for gays. There shouldn’t be a fucking political litmus test to play on a team and any supporter trying to dictate otherwise should fuck off and find another team or sport.
Lucas got dropped for the CL Final for an unfit Harry Kane:
One of the worst calls ever I reckon, yet he still got on with it.

No one's gonna keep their star player on the bench for a CL final, match fit or not, it just doesn't happen
Lucas scored a hatrick in the semi: He was in red hot scoring mode!
And the ex-manager selects a player who was on practically on one leg!
Piss poor from both of them.
Is it any wonder our players are now playing as a unit rather than having individuals elevated to god like status!

If he gets a half dozen goals and/or assists in the rest of the season he has earned his transfer fee.
The latter of which comes to a grand total of
200.gif

Apparently Maccabi are keen on a percentage of the transfer fee we get for him instead.

As far as his political views go, he's entitled to air those but it should be written in that the club in no way endorses them - I'd personally rather people in his position of influence encourage a more open-minded dialogue.

Let's hope he makes just as strong a statement on the footy field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom