Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well generally 90 minutes of football is fucking boring with a few moments of pure inject it in my veins adrenaline. If you’re lucky.

If you don’t actually support the teams you are watching then chatting shit seems the go to response.
Well.......that may be true for the NFL but not the beautiful game.

Utd are all about pace on the break, for that reason, I'd give TA a rest for this one, he's not looked great with quick legs going at him this season and reluctantly bring Rose back in. We've got to sure up midfield, the CM2 is no better under Mou than it was Poch and Dier's been woeful. I still expect him to start, but I'd love to see a CM3 with Skipp instead any the hub with ND and LC as 8's.

Gazzaniga

Aurier-------Sanchez--------JV--------Rose

Ndombele-------Skipp---------Lo Celso

Sissoko------------Kane--------Son​

Sometimes I find games boring, but I watch it for much more than goals.

Fair enough. And yeah think we all do. It’s why we are football supporters.

And I think it was John Crace who wrote that line or something similar. I might be wrong but the sentiment was the same. Ultimately the game of football is pretty boring.

And I do think that watching your back 5 play a ball between themselves while waiting for the midfield to make an angle is not the reason I fell in love with football.

Moments like Sissoko scoring Saturday. Moura scoring in stoppage time.

Or Steffan Iverson scoring a header to put us 3-2 up against Everton on a Saturday afternoon in 1999.

For different reasons, life defining moments.

Do you have another device with the Prime app such as a PS2, PS3 or Blu-ray? Then you could run an optical cable to your Amp.
Thanks COYS, already have an optical running from the Amp.
Like I said, Netflix picks up the sound, Amazon shouldn't be any different I would have thought. I'm so used to the immersive sound you get via the Amp setup that the TV speakers just sound shite.
:mourear:

Yesterday signed up for Amazon Prime to watch on smart TV 5 years old. Watched film yesterday and it worked fine. Could not get either match tonight although could get 3 min highlights afterwards. However could get the match on my old iPad but do not want to watch tomorrow's match on small screen. Not sure why cannot get on smart TV live streaming when recorded stuff ok. Cannot see App in Microsoft store to watch on PC windows10. Hopefully will be some streams but unless Amazon come up with a solution by Boxing Day then Amazon prime will be cancelled.
Anyone else struggling with Amazon prime?

Having watch Spurs over the last few weeks; I expect the tactics by United will be as follows

1. Close down Toby. Don't allow him time on the ball to pass from the back. Try to force the center backs to play side ways to the full backs; keeping them from moving forward.

2. I expect a high press from united to panic our midfield. Dier/Winks (or ndombele) closed down quickly.

3. Don't let Dele be an option. Crowd him out and cut off the passing lanes.

4. Man mark Kane, force him to drop deep to get the ball.

5. With the marking of Kane and Dele; it's likely that Son will have a lot more time on the ball. Full backs to not allow him to cut inside. Force him down the wing.

I think the game will boil down to how capable (and fit) United players are at pressing our defence. If we are allowed to play the ball out and structure our attack; we should win this one. Mourinho will know their players and be well aware of their weaknesses and it will be down to the ability of our lads to execute his plan.

United 0 - 1 Spurs (Eriksen 23)

A predict a narrow win for us. With Jose playing it safe after getting an early goal.
You expect a lot from that Gollum looking morrfucka I dont!
I expect them to try to sit back and sucker punch us like they did at wembley and use the wings as its their only attacking option.
With no Pogba or McTominay in the middle I fully expect us to drown the midfield and control the game but they will be tougher to break down if we do control possession.
Interesting to see how it pans out but I hope to fuck we beat them because they are shite and we need the momentum to keep flowing.

You expect a lot from that Gollum looking morrfucka I dont!
I expect them to try to sit back and sucker punch us like they did at wembley and use the wings as its their only attacking option.
With no Pogba or McTominay in the middle I fully expect us to drown the midfield and control the game but they will be tougher to break down if we do control possession.
Interesting to see how it pans out but I hope to fuck we beat them because they are shite and we need the momentum to keep flowing.
McTominay is playing, maybe Matic as well.

Yesterday signed up for Amazon Prime to watch on smart TV 5 years old. Watched film yesterday and it worked fine. Could not get either match tonight although could get 3 min highlights afterwards. However could get the match on my old iPad but do not want to watch tomorrow's match on small screen. Not sure why cannot get on smart TV live streaming when recorded stuff ok. Cannot see App in Microsoft store to watch on PC windows10. Hopefully will be some streams but unless Amazon come up with a solution by Boxing Day then Amazon prime will be cancelled.
Anyone else struggling with Amazon prime?
I think it's something like your tv not supporting the latest streaming formats, i had an email about older roku boxes also not able to read the live streams even if they can show movies and shows.

Back
Top Bottom