Man Utd (A) - 11 DEC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still pissed off. I'd even go as far and say, that this was worse than the 5-1 thrashing.

Same mistake leading to the goal. Same scoreline. Same dire perfomance as last season at OT.

Great to see us dismantling a side like Swansea, just to completely do nothing a week later. FFS why cant we just win a game like this for once... We are fit enough, why do we try to break down United with long balls? It's doing my head in.

I dont want to sound like im losing my mind by saying this but, we lack a little pacey clinical forward up top. And i do think if any strikers we go for turn us down, Defoe is an option. Geeza has not lost it one bit. The only reason he dont score every week is because he plays for a really poor side (no disrespect to sunderland as they will probably grab a cheeky win against us later in in the season haha) i just think imagine the amount more goals we would score if we have someone up front like him as a plan B? Worth a thought i spose. Anyway. Dog crap day today. But got 2 games coming up where we can get some shooting practice and some wins. COYS!!

We had him as a second option and that wasn't good enough, What makes you think it would work a few years later?

This. This was why I've lost interest. We are dull as dishwater atm.
Until we start playing more entertaining football I'm out.
I was ahead of the curve as usual.

Very disappointed, thought that they were there for the taking. We didn't have the cutting, ruthless edge that all victors have to have and didn't put enough pressure on their back four. Ah well, onwards and upwards, let's hope we can get back on track on Wednesday night.

I'm here to be entertained. It's an entertainment business after all.
By choosing to watch the Spurs I am giving up on other pursuits.
I could have gone for a hike in the countryside. I made the wrong leisure choice this time.
I'm a fan but I'm not as passionate as some I must admit.

Very disappointed, thought that they were there for the taking. We didn't have the cutting, ruthless edge that all victors have to have and didn't put enough pressure on their back four. Ah well, onwards and upwards, let's hope we can get back on track on Wednesday night.
Hi Mrs P. I've just spent the last couple of hours in the toilet with n17troops n17troops . But great post. Shame we seem to be saying the same thing too often nowadays though. Wednesday night, bring it on

....I don't get it...
This was the worst Man Utd team in living memory...
They were there for the taking weren't they?
Apparently not... it seems!

I'm here to be entertained. It's an entertainment business after all.
By choosing to watch the Spurs I am giving up on other pursuits.
I could have gone for a hike in the countryside. I made the wrong leisure choice this time.
I'm a fan but I'm not as passionate as some I must admit.

I'm not having a go, but this kind of post is so troll-like that if you AREN'T one then you can't be surprised when people think you are.

Rather stupidly I care about Spurs, but my sense of disconnect is really becoming an issue. Odd to care so much given that none of us can really change a thing, as mere client reference numbers our power is somewhat minimal.

Historically across the past 20/30 years our performances against United tended towards passive. And that's a problem with our club and what disappoints me so much about today is that I feel it takes balls to go to United and win, yet we have players strolling about. Half arsed. beating themselves, being passive.

While mentioning passive I think the Ref today is passively taking it up the wrong in from either Jose or Drunk Alex.

I want to see our team contest every ball equally to the home side. Then I want them to press their style and then they should ( try ) to ram their bits down the opposition fucking throat's ! We have done it, as recently in April against a better United team. Today we did not and the game mirrored so many games over the past 20 years. Watch April's game and then watch today. It's light and day between the two performances. Backwards has been our journey since Spring.

I can't help but feel that too many players got let off with the cluster fuck of the last 4 games of last season and they have settled into the acceptance of losers. It's a shame, but some of them should have been cut loose after what happened, they were not and now they look like turning up is their job, not putting a shift in.

Has it ever recovered since spring or am I not seeing it clearly? hard to know. I tend towards the negative with Spurs overall. Was there too many flat feet today and not enough fight, grit and determination, or am I being harsh ? Coach said we played well. Facts show we lost. My eyes showed me we were a tiny bit shit. As confusing as Elton John's life style choices.

If today was a one off, fair enough no one should knee jerk. But it's not been a one off. Big game players turn up at the big games. The only true form we have this season is a constant failure to turn up when it matters most. It's ok to lose. It's never ok to lose without giving everything, I do not feel everything was given today.

do you really think that our H arry is capable of getting the 3 goals he scored yesterday against Man city?
Yes, show me any goal that pointy chinned cunt has scored and i'll show you at least two H has scored that are better.

Rather stupidly I care about Spurs, but my sense of disconnect is really becoming an issue. Odd to care so much given that none of us can really change a thing, as mere client reference numbers our power is somewhat minimal.

Historically across the past 20/30 years our performances against United tended towards passive. And that's a problem with our club and what disappoints me so much about today is that I feel it takes balls to go to United and win, yet we have players strolling about. Half arsed. beating themselves, being passive.

While mentioning passive I think the Ref today is passively taking it up the wrong in from either Jose or Drunk Alex.

I want to see our team contest every ball equally to the home side. Then I want them to press their style and then they should ( try ) to ram their bits down the opposition fucking throat's ! We have done it, as recently in April against a better United team. Today we did not and the game mirrored so many games over the past 20 years. Watch April's game and then watch today. It's light and day between the two performances. Backwards has been our journey since Spring.

I can't help but feel that too many players got let off with the cluster fuck of the last 4 games of last season and they have settled into the acceptance of losers. It's a shame, but some of them should have been cut loose after what happened, they were not and now they look like turning up is their job, not putting a shift in.

Has it ever recovered since spring or am I not seeing it clearly? hard to know. I tend towards the negative with Spurs overall. Was there too many flat feet today and not enough fight, grit and determination, or am I being harsh ? Coach said we played well. Facts show we lost. My eyes showed me we were a tiny bit shit. As confusing as Elton John's life style choices.

If today was a one off, fair enough no one should knee jerk. But it's not been a one off. Big game players turn up at the big games. The only true form we have this season is a constant failure to turn up when it matters most. It's ok to lose. It's never ok to lose without giving everything, I do not feel everything was given today.

The only time I've ever felt a bit of a disconnect with the team is under AVB. I reckon we have a long way to go before we're at that stage.

Who would you have cut loose after the end of last season? Can't argue with your disappointment- I think we all feel gutted tonight- but which players from last season should have been shown the door after the season we'd just had?

Back
Top Bottom