Man Utd (A) - 11 DEC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Utd are shit, and many have said we were poor. On our day, we would have beaten them....we gifted them a goal, they created little, but we didnt turn up.
Its fine to say we are poor, when we are poor......but when we beat teams 5-0, and 3-0 etc, I find this sentiment creeping in that "it was only Swansea" etc....little credit given when its due, but critique in abundance when we lose.

The post I made regarding points is just that. 3pts for us is 3pts for anyone else.

How can top 4 be impossible for us when we are 3pts off it, yet Utd, 3pts behind us, are "catching us and closing in"..
There are exaggerations both ways. Saying "utd are shit" is doing just that, as is people saying top 4 is impossible!

Its a hindsight argument tho......If we bought Mane, and he didnt perform, and Sissoko was tearing it up at Liverpool, you'd be saying the exact opposite

Here's a post I made nearly 2 years ago in a discussion about Mirelles
Another Kranjcar for me....decent player, but dont see him as an instant step up to be honest.
Southamptons Mane on the other hand

I thought long ago he's a quality player, way before he joined Liverpool and you started banging his drum to be fair.
But so what? Liverpool signed him. We dont have first dibs on every player and we wasnt interested in him then so be it.
We bought Njie, he got injured and is on loan....maybe he comes back and is better than ever.....Nkoudou can come good with time.....Im glad we didnt buy Mane now, because Winks is getting on the pitch. Didnt cost a damn penny, another homegrown gem.
nah, I don't think having mane would have stopped winks being played.
& if mane flopped like you suggested, then I am sure poch would have dropped him anyway.

yeah some good points you have made as always bolton.
But you say "What I am saying is that if you want to complain, then it all seems a bit pointless if you don't know or understand the logistics of what it is you're complaining about."

I don't want to hurt anyone's ego, but id say 99% of what is posted on this forum is from people who barely know much about what they are talking about.
It is the same as us all being experts when we talk to people in the street, no matter what the subject.
or else you would be constantly saying " I am fair too unqualified to give an opinion of that subject".
It will be very limited conversation if we only chat about things we now a lot about.
or maybe we have people on here who know a lot about many subjects.
From owning a club, to being a professional footballer, to managing in la liga & the premiership.

Look at the off topic threads too. some on here are experts on politics, hip hop, ufc, cricket, boxing etc.

For example, I would say most none of us have a clue what it takes to manage a club like spurs.
yet most of us have sometimes complained & criticized the manager.
poch knows probably 99% more about football than any of us. yet we will complain about a decision he made.
despite us knowing very little about managing a club & making decisions like he has too.

It is the same through out the forum. so I don't know why if it's scouting we have to know what we are talking about.

we all give opinions on matters we know very little about.

If you could filter this forum/the internet to only good substance from people who know a lot about the subject, it would probably be 99% smaller!

someone was asking me about the cricket today. I only watch some england matches & even then usually just the highlights. so i am very unqualified to comment, but I still gave some opinion. I said anderson shouldn't bother playing in india & we should have rested him for the whole tour.
He isn't effective in those countries & we have to manage him because of his age.
But really, I am not qualified to give opinions like that.
I am just forming an opinion from what little I know about cricket.

ps. dier & alli were a great bit of scouting (as were walker & rose back in the day!).
& I am not too worried about janssen yet either. He needs a full season at least!
FYI, Jimmy Anderson averages 30 in the subcontinent, which, for a seamer is incredibly effective and one of the best in modern history.

Did you bookmark the comment to be sure you could come and say he was wrong.

I'm sure it's been an exciting few weeks!
yeah for sure eanN17. I mean commenting on me commenting on that is so much more exciting & fun.
Of course pedro would score again. It was silly to pretend he wouldn't for an argument.

Back
Top Bottom