Man City (h)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Lloris -7 - solid

BAE - 5 - poor display, could have been sent off for a silly tackle, watched Milner walk passed him for a goal. Hoping we finally address this position in the summer
Dawson -7 - did a job
Vert - 7 - fought hard
Walker - some good deliveries

Sig - 6 - offered little
Parker - 6 - caught in possession on occasions
Demspey - 7 - crucial goal
Dembele - 7 - great movement throughout
Bale - 7 - great finish

Ade - 5 - isolated

Holtby / Hudd / Defoe - 7 - positive impact

Lloris 8 - flawless
Walker 8 - terrific outlet, great pass for our opener.
Dawson 7 - mostly solid.
Vertonghen 5 - at fault for the goal, got away with a few 0ther errors, but improved as the game went on.
Assou-Ekotto 5 - could have been sent off and too deep, too often.
Parker 5 - please, Scott, just sit and STAY. Good dog.
Dembele 7 - much improved after the switch to 4-3-3/Parker went off.
Dempsey 7 - vital goal, worked hard.
Bale 8 - would have been a 5 were it not for the last 20 minutes. Came alive.
Sigurdsson 5 - just not his day.
Adebayor 5 - worked hard, got little change from Kompany and Nastasic.

Huddlestone 8 - game changer, bit clumsy.
Holtby 8 - very important role.
Defoe 8 - scored from the bench. Can't ask for a lot more!

I dont have twitter, or facebook, or instagram, or a smart phone.

So, no, wrong again.

I dont even rate him as that special, just accept him for what he is, and how well he can play, and has played.

I never said we should sell him - he can stay as a squad option

Glad to hear that you feel that way - now let others have their say on the ratings and learn to accept different views on a discussion board you have chosen to partake in

I accept your ratings, I even agree with the 5 as he could have lost us the game. Just dont need to hear that you want him replaced every time you post something about him. We get it.

I accept your ratings, I even agree with the 5 as he could have lost us the game. Just dont need to hear that you want him replaced every time you post something about him. We get it.

I'm not here to appease YOU with my posts (or anyone for that matter) - if you don't want to read it - there is a simple solution

I do want to read your posts. Just gets tiresome and makes it look like you have an agenda against one of our own, even if you havent.

Maybe Im sick of the way Ade is getting treated and its affecting my judgement.

Get a room you two.

Anyway....ratings

Lloris 8 made a cracking save at one point.

Walker - 8 Best performance this season.
Dawson - 6 Struggled against City's attack.
Vertonghen - 6 at fault for the goal, but others were complicit in this too.
BAE - 5 Lazily tracked back for the goal, exposing Vertonghen.

Parker - 4 Was terrible, another player at fault for their goal. Slowed down the play too much when he found possession, and when he eventually did pass it was usually to a City player. Time has come for this old mare to go out to the paddock.

Dembele 6 - confusing partnership with Parker does not work, he was so much better when Scotty went off.
Siggurdson - 6 Struggled, but then, the midfield wasn't working in general before he went off.
Bale - 7 Another victim of our undisciplined midfield, until the team started working he was anonymous, when he went out into wider positions he was much better. He needs to learn to be more fluid and move more freely about the pitch in order to find space. His cross for Dempsey was sublime, his finish was composed. I think this young lad has the potential to make it as a pro :baletroll:

Dempsey - 7 Gary Neville summed it up for Dempsey, he is not good enough to play in the hole. He hasn't got the required technique. When he plays higher up the pitch, cutting in from the left he can be a big threat. Really want Clint to do well, but he has to be in the right position to have an effect, and when he is he is usually in the right place at the right time.

Adebayor - 6 Chased down the city defence well, but had very little service. First touch let him down more than once. But he wasn't awful.

Subs...

Huddlestone - 8 completely changed the game, I love the way he strokes the ball about the pitch. He could be such an important player for us in the run in and beyond. Hope he stays.

Holtby - 8 made good use of the ball when he got it, pressing the opposition all over the place. I would honestly start this guy ahead of Parker, he offers the same grit, but he can do things with the ball other than 360 spins and wasteful passing.

Defoe - 8 Did what he does best, pundits were saying how Kompany should have showed him down the line, but this guy is so good at pulling the ball back into shooting positions. And against tired legs he is lethal.

Amazing to think we beat City 3-1 with SO many players apparently having an off-day!
Benny was at fault for giving away possession for their goal, but then he did make up for it by throwing his shirt into the Park Lane at the end (I'm SO easily pleased... was it 300 on his t-shirt? Couldn't quite see)

Thudd made a massive difference (compared to Parker) and two of his cross-field balls would've made Hoddle jealous!

Defoe also offered more than Ade (ever could!) whilst Bale did look like he'd been out for a few weeks, but he scored the clincher so that in itself was worth avoiding a tense last 5 minutes! (who else thought it still had 3-3 written all over it until the very last seconds? Nah, never in doubt!)

I don't normally do ratings, but I'm sticking a '10' Score up for The #12 MAN!
Yes, a little self-indulgent, but fuck it, WE ROCKED THE LANE YESTERDAY!

That was aimed at the husband and wife in this thread and not you Tucker.

We are having a discusion. if you take it as a fight, thats your problem. Its how we talk to eachother, no one hates eachother (at least I not him despite making some stupid comments about him in the past). It is what it is.

Get over it.

Get a room you two.

Anyway....ratings

Lloris 8 made a cracking save at one point.

Walker - 8 Best performance this season.
Dawson - 6 Struggled against City's attack.
Vertonghen - 6 at fault for the goal, but others were complicit in this too.
BAE - 5 Lazily tracked back for the goal, exposing Vertonghen.

Parker - 4 Was terrible, another player at fault for their goal. Slowed down the play too much when he found possession, and when he eventually did pass it was usually to a City player. Time has come for this old mare to go out to the paddock.

Dembele 6 - confusing partnership with Parker does not work, he was so much better when Scotty went off.
Siggurdson - 6 Struggled, but then, the midfield wasn't working in general before he went off.
Bale - 7 Another victim of our undisciplined midfield, until the team started working he was anonymous, when he went out into wider positions he was much better. He needs to learn to be more fluid and move more freely about the pitch in order to find space. His cross for Dempsey was sublime, his finish was composed. I think this young lad has the potential to make it as a pro :baletroll:

Dempsey - 7 Gary Neville summed it up for Dempsey, he is not good enough to play in the hole. He hasn't got the required technique. When he plays higher up the pitch, cutting in from the left he can be a big threat. Really want Clint to do well, but he has to be in the right position to have an effect, and when he is he is usually in the right place at the right time.

Adebayor - 6 Chased down the city defence well, but had very little service. First touch let him down more than once. But he wasn't awful.

Subs...

Huddlestone - 8 completely changed the game, I love the way he strokes the ball about the pitch. He could be such an important player for us in the run in and beyond. Hope he stays.

Holtby - 8 made good use of the ball when he got it, pressing the opposition all over the place. I would honestly start this guy ahead of Parker, he offers the same grit, but he can do things with the ball other than 360 spins and wasteful passing.

Defoe - 8 Did what he does best, pundits were saying how Kompany should have showed him down the line, but this guy is so good at pulling the ball back into shooting positions. And against tired legs he is lethal.
How can you give Super Jan only a 6 and ADE the same 6, were we watching the same game???

Back
Top Bottom