Man Citeh (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Few highlights if anyone's interested. Obviously the goal! Then doing that stupid cunty celebration. Also, 'Fuck off back to Shameless! Na na na na/la la la la' and 'One Ricky Villa!' although I'm sure the majority of them won't know who he is or remember it, so probably had no clue why we were singing that. Being that they were Chelsea (cunts) fans until recently. Although they're probably in two minds now after Chelsea's (cunts) 'success' last season

Neither do I, and have never said it did.

Do you believe he was sold over AVBs head, by Levy?

I dont, I think they both discussed him being sold, both came to an agreement on it, and he was sold. Both share responsibility IF thats the case.
blatant speculation, and knowing levy as a ruthless and pretty interfering CEO it would be easier to speculate that he did infact sell luka regardless of AVB.

I cannot accept that AVB is in any way responsible for selling Modric...Mod was gone (not literally) before VB arrived. It was all about finalising the deal by then, which is strictly Levy's domain.

So he was practically sold between Redknapp leaving and AVB joining, by Levy on his own?

What is more sickening than our form is the moaning. People claiming we should have played 4-4-2 against city and the Ethiad are crazy. Even Redknapp thought 4-4-2 left us too open. Also, the scapegoating of AVB and Dempsey is tiresome. The entire team was shit today except Adebayor, Sandro, and perhaps Caulker. Yet, no one mentions how terrible Bale and Lennon were.

Totally agree

Our fundamental problem is our inability to hold the ball. We have didn't have a single player

I think we need more than one player who can do that to really compete

who protects the ball at the moment. Dembele is the player we need plus another midfielder another CM in the window. Sammy, AVB didn't have a single thing to do with our transfer window. He wanted Moutinho and Willian and got Dempsey instead because he was the cheap option. Levy is the bank and DOF he makes all the final decisions, there is a reason him and Redknapp didn't get on too and it was Levy's cheapness in the transfer market.

Dont know if he's cheap per say, we did try to get Moutinho after all.

We are simply lacking in talent to go compete in open play with City at the Etihad regardless of formation. Our healthy first team is excellent but having to play Huddlestone every game, Vertonghen at LB, no legitimate alternative to Lennon/Bale

Agreed

, and dealing with the shit platoon of Dempsey and Siggurdson doesn't give AVB a bunch of options. We need to get healthy and buy creative players, that is our problem.

blatant speculation, and knowing levy as a ruthless and pretty interfering CEO it would be easier to speculate that he did infact sell luka regardless of AVB.

Of course its blatent speculation, which is why I said "I believe" or "I dont believe".

Havent claimed to know anything

Goodnight you slags

2d63f887eac2d968988cf829f976da9e.png

I really don't like it when people start jumping to conclusions. It has been happening all season with some of our fanbase and it is extremely annoying. We lost 2-1 away to the Champions. There were problems, there were some bright spots as well. For one I think after this game Adebayor is going to be a mainstay in the first team lineup from here on out.

4-4-2 is a ridiculous notion in this game. Anyone that says that would have worked clearly forgot about 5-2 last year.

I have to say it is becoming more difficult to criticise on here, without being open to ridicule and pedantry. Unless you foster an almost relentless positivity about everything, smiling in the face of adversity, you're pretty much wrong.

It's all going a bit fucking hippyish in here these days.

So he was practically sold between Redknapp leaving and AVB joining, by Levy on his own?

Not on his own, Modric and his agent played a part in it.

Are we looking at when he was sold, or when he left? He was sold under VB, but he left under Harry. I know we got some good performances out of him in his last season, but he's a pro and can only play one way...to win. There was always a festering resentment (it's name was Kia Joorabchian) and he was always going to leave because of it. To blame say AVB was responsible because he just happened to turn up a few days before the deal was done is ridiculous.

I have to say it is becoming more difficult to criticise on here, without being open to ridicule and pedantry. Unless you foster an almost relentless positivity about everything, smiling in the face of adversity, you're pretty much wrong.

You have to also understand that, watching us loose and play shit is demoralizing enough as it is, it doesn't help when you come on the forum and everyone is harping on about just how shit we were. Ignorance is bliss, I'd much rather focus on any positives there may be than dwell on all the negative aspects.

Because no matter how much we shit on about who should be played or what formation we should go with, it's not going to make a difference, AVB isn't going to go on the forum and go ahhh "TottenhamFan1882" was right I should of gone with a 4-4-2

You have to also understand that, watching us loose and play shit is demoralizing enough as it is, it doesn't help when you come on the forum and everyone is harping on about just how shit we were. Ignorance is bliss, I'd much rather focus on any positives there may be than dwell on all the negative aspects.
Ignorance is bliss? Fuck me. The lament of the loser.

Don't like anything that isn't rampantly positive? Hit the fucking ignore button

When the fanbase becomes divided people get more defensive over their posts and opinions, people tend to jump on what others say if it's going to seem overly negative or critical..or even if it's not!

My post earlier that critisied opinions such as the one you'd just posted, was very defensive from me with no real need to be. By the same token I got stick for starting a thread suggesting there might be a problem with Adebayor.

The tension is palpable, especially after a loss...but apologies if I sometimes come across as a bit of a cunt about it! :D

Ignorance is bliss? Fuck me. The lament of the loser.

Don't like anything that isn't rampantly positive? Hit the fucking ignore button

I didn't say everything has to be rampantly positive, but there's no need to come on here and criticise people for trying to be positive. Fuck it, take your own advise, if people are too positive I'm sure you know where the ignore button is.

If people are upset about the result (in my opinion we should've got over this hours ago) then surely a forum is a good place to vent about any frustrations about the game.

I didn't say everything has to be rampantly positive, but there's no need to come on here and criticise people for trying to be positive. Fuck it, take your own advise, if people are too positive I'm sure you know where the ignore button is.
I'm not really criticising people for being positive. I'm criticising people for telling others not to be negative. I have a problem with people who have a pop at others because they disagree with them and it gets childish as fuck. If I want to wallow in self pity after a bad result, support me, don't tell me I'm fucking wrong. If you want to see the positives, it might take me a bit longer, but eventually, I'll congratulate you on that.

I just don't see the need for us all to agree on a public forum. Sort of defeats the purpose.

Back
Top Bottom