Make this (no knee-jerk) pledge (if you can)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Right, if you want to make this pledge then quote this post the then write words to the affirmative that you agree.

I pledge to not knee jerk in any fashion after the first game of the season (Crystal Palace away).

If we lose, I am not going to over-react by saying we need to buy x amount of new players, that we are useless without Bale or ... SERIOUS RELEGATION FEARS

If we record a big win, I am not going to go nuts, talking up a title challenge, declare we don't need Bale because we have Andros Townsend , talking how Soldado was a STEAL at £26 mil and generally over egging the enthusiasm for the whole season based on one win.

AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN AS WELL

Whatever the outcome on Sunday, I will not use it as an indicator as to how our ENTIRE SEASON will pan out, as a knee-jerking bell-end might actually do so. It's just one game, and there will be 37 more.

Last edited:
Right, if you want to make this pledge then quote this post the then write words to the affirmative that you agree.

I pledge to not knee jerk in any fashion after the first game of the season (Crystal Palace away).

If we lose, I am not going to over-react by saying we need to buy x amount of new players, that we are useless without Bale or ... SERIOUS RELEGATION FEARS

If we record a big win, I am not going to go nuts, talking up a title challenge, declare we don't need Bale because we have Andros Townsend , talking how Soldado was a STEEL at £26 mil and generally over egging the enthusiasm for the whole season based on one win.

Whatever the outcome on Sunday, I will not use it as an indicator as to how our ENTIRE SEASON will pan out, as a knee-jerking bell-end might actually do so. It's just one game, and there will be 37 more.
This post is strangely knee-jerky.

th

I know nothing nothing but I will pledge

First game will be an indicator, that's all. We won't have a full squad to choose from, and we wont all season. Players haven't got used to each yet adn that will improve. We should hve learnt from the Arry years not to worry about the first 8 games ;)

Can we watch a few Youtube vids and then...
go nuts, talking up a title challenge, declare we don't need Bale because we have Andros Townsend , talking how Soldado was a STEAL at £26 mil and generally over egging the enthusiasm for the whole season.
?
:bentley:

Whilst I know exactly where you're coming from, I think we all know that the narrow (1 point) margins we missed out on LAST season (and the season before if you're being picky) tell you one thing.....

THAT EVERY POINT DROPPED COULD POTENTIALLY COME BACK AND HAUNT US!!!!

Therefore, of course Sunday won't decide the League, but if we fall so short YET AGAIN in May, and DON'T pick up maximum points on Sunday, then you could argue the rot started there, never to fully recover, always playing catch-up!!

It's not knee-jerk, it's knowing that what happens in August, CAN have an affect on what happens come May!

If we record a big win, I am not going to go nuts, talking up a title challenge, declare we don't need Bale because we have Andros Townsend , talking how Soldado was a STEAL at £26 mil and generally over egging the enthusiasm for the whole season based on one win.

Errm
are you sure you're in the right place?
you do know this board is for Tottenham fans ?

If AVB is to be believed then there is still more business to be done. That means that there could be up to 5-6 players new before the end of the window. Plus Bale will not play against Palace and some old players have gone. I hate to use the word "transition" but the fact is that the new faces need to bed in and we'll only know it two weeks what happens with Bale. People need to be patient because, whatever happens with the Welshman, I think this squad will gel and give us some great nights this year. :)

Whilst I know exactly where you're coming from, I think we all know that the narrow (1 point) margins we missed out on LAST season (and the season before if you're being picky) tell you one thing.....

THAT EVERY POINT DROPPED COULD POTENTIALLY COME BACK AND HAUNT US!!!!

Therefore, of course Sunday won't decide the League, but if we fall so short YET AGAIN in May, and DON'T pick up maximum points on Sunday, then you could argue the rot started there, never to fully recover, always playing catch-up!!

It's not knee-jerk, it's knowing that what happens in August, CAN have an affect on what happens come May!

Blatant pre-emptive knee-jerk thread

Back
Top Bottom