Lyon away leg - Pubs to watch the game?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone who hasn't got a ticket to the away leg and isn't travelling over there (which will be the majority of posters I'd imagine) got any good ideas for pubs to watch the game?

Do the pubs in Tottenham tend to show these sort of games?

If not, anyone know from experience where should have a good atmosphere?

I once saw us lose to Udinese in the Bill Nick along with three or four other Spurs fans in there. My old local a couple of miles away in Palmers Green would be a lot more crowded for a game like this.

Would rather go somewhere like Shakespeare in Bethnal Green to be honest.

I once saw us lose to Udinese in the Bill Nick along with three or four other Spurs fans in there. My old local a couple of miles away in Palmers Green would be a lot more crowded for a game like this.

Would rather go somewhere like Shakespeare in Bethnal Green to be honest.

You used to live near me by the sounds of it...though I am moving soon (to Tottenham). Which pub was your old local?

Bird in hand just south of the North Circular. Do you drink in there? I used to live in Tottenham as well on Lordship Lane.

This video is from Bird in Hand in Palmers Green during the NLD.

I know it. Greek owners and decent Greek food. I used to drink in there sometimes to watch Spurs away games on their dodgy satellite...normally only about twice a season cause I go to a lot of away games and if the game was on Sky (and I wasn't going) I'd watch it elsewhere. It used to be a good Spurs pub, although the last couple of times I went there were more gooners there and the satellite was unreliable, so now I go to the Lord Nelson in Wood Green if I'm not going and the game ain't on Sky.

I know quite a few Norwegian yids (from Bergen), I actually met them over there...was there on holiday and went into a bar to watch the Spurs game. I always knew we had plenty of support from Scandinavia but never knew the extent to which English football is popular over there, wasn't really expecting to see the game but not only were all the English games on, there were plenty of fans of all teams watching, even teams like Stoke and Middlesbrough. Got chatting to the Spurs contingent and became good friends, we always meet up when they come over for games. A great bunch of lads, and girls as well actually.

I saw in another thread your level of commitment to Spurs...much respect mate.

The Norwegians, great bunch of lads

306677.bmp

I used to live on Sylvan Avenue, so Lord Nelson was my second local boozer.

I'm sure we know some of the same lads from Bergen. I lived in Bergen for a year during my compulsory national service in the Norwegian navy. We were all drinking in the scotsman at the time, but in recent years they've moved to Bryggen. I'm on the board of the Norwegian supporters club, so I do speak to a lot of the Bergen yids, and I even managed to get Gary Mabbutt and Erik The Viking to visit Bergen for a Q&A session after we beat Reading in September.

540255_10152022751800508_841979692_n.jpg

The tanned guy in the middle(Eirik/Schmidt) is a good mate of mine and a few of the others as well. Fuck knows why they're all wearing shirts though. Hardly see that among the Oslo yids.

I used to live on Sylvan Avenue, so Lord Nelson was my second local boozer.

I'm sure we know some of the same lads from Bergen. I lived in Bergen for a year during my compulsory national service in the Norwegian navy. We were all drinking in the scotsman at the time, but in recent years they've moved to Bryggen. I'm on the board of the Norwegian supporters club, so I do speak to a lot of the Bergen yids, and I even managed to get Gary Mabbutt and Erik The Viking to visit Bergen for a Q&A session after we beat Reading in September.

540255_10152022751800508_841979692_n.jpg

The tanned guy in the middle(Eirik/Schmidt) is a good mate of mine and a few of the others as well. Fuck knows why they're all wearing shirts though. Hardly see that among the Oslo yids.

Quality mate, we may know some of the same people though none of my lot are in the picture, they drink in the Fotballpuben, used to drink in the Scotsman but had some dispute with the owner I think. I had a nice meal of elk steak in Bryggen when I was there. Wearing shirts does seem to be popular amongst the Bergen yids, it's interesting that this isn't the case in Oslo.

I think I know who they are as well. One of them is named Anders and some of their girlfriends are quite active as well.

There seems to be three different Spurs supporters groups in Bergen, which isn't bad for a city with a population of less than 300 000. There's the group at fotballpuben, but the majority goes to the main Spurs pub at Bryggen. There's also a third group, with links to the Brann casual culture who drink in a pub named Ricks IIRC. Not sure how active they are these days.

I know it. Greek owners and decent Greek food. I used to drink in there sometimes to watch Spurs away games on their dodgy satellite...normally only about twice a season cause I go to a lot of away games and if the game was on Sky (and I wasn't going) I'd watch it elsewhere. It used to be a good Spurs pub, although the last couple of times I went there were more gooners there and the satellite was unreliable, so now I go to the Lord Nelson in Wood Green if I'm not going and the game ain't on Sky.

I know quite a few Norwegian yids (from Bergen), I actually met them over there...was there on holiday and went into a bar to watch the Spurs game. I always knew we had plenty of support from Scandinavia but never knew the extent to which English football is popular over there, wasn't really expecting to see the game but not only were all the English games on, there were plenty of fans of all teams watching, even teams like Stoke and Middlesbrough. Got chatting to the Spurs contingent and became good friends, we always meet up when they come over for games. A great bunch of lads, and girls as well actually.

I saw in another thread your level of commitment to Spurs...much respect mate.
Where did you watch the football in Bergen mate? My family is from Nesttun (Between city and the airport) and I could do with a decent/lively pub to watch the footy when I'm over.

I think I know who they are as well. One of them is named Anders and some of their girlfriends are quite active as well.

There seems to be three different Spurs supporters groups in Bergen, which isn't bad for a city with a population of less than 300 000. There's the group at fotballpuben, but the majority goes to the main Spurs pub at Bryggen. There's also a third group, with links to the Brann casual culture who drink in a pub named Ricks IIRC. Not sure how active they are these days.

Yes mate, that is them! I know Anders well. One of them (Kristian) is a big Brann fan (in fact I plan to go over to Bergen to go to a Brann game with him this year) so I will ask him about the third group with links to Brann casual culture, I'm sure he will know them. They are next over for the Newcastle game. Yes- good Spurs support in Bergen!

Where did you watch the football in Bergen mate? My family is from Nesttun (Between city and the airport) and I could do with a decent/lively pub to watch the footy when I'm over.

I watched it in fotballpuben http://www.fotballpuben.no/

Norwegian Yid has named all the places that active Spurs fans drink in Bergen...if you go to fotballpuben, find the main group of Spurs fans watching the game, ask for Anders or Kristian and say that Tom from London told you to go there, I guarantee you will be well received :thumbup:

TTIUWP

Back
Top Bottom