Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good goal but he missed a couple of easier opportunities. His all round play deserves more chances. Whilst he will not play every minute of every match he needs to be given a very substantive amount of minutes to see if he is the real deal. That will be hard on Son when he gets back but an odd match here and there does not work and he needs to feel part of the team to see if he can make a real goal contribution. Hopefully he will start scoring frequently and become undropperable.
Poch must not just bench him when Son is back and play him in cup matches.
I would like Lucas to play over son I think he offers more and he shows it I love son but his better off the bench imo to change a game mousa change the game held the ball for us to push forward

Lack of a football brain was Lennon's problem , the fact he couldn't strike a ball properly suggests to me he reached as high as he ever could of.

I reckon he plateaued particularly early as player... With better coaching maybe his upward trajectory continues?

Had a weak shot on him, but that alone isn't the death knell for a player.

On his day he would absolutely terrorize the oppo.

was interesting that Eriksens play improved greatly when Lamela came on, they seemed on the same wavelength...

I was thinking this.... Rewind a couple of years though and there was a strong theory that he and CE somewhat nullified each other when played together. Hopefully this proved another positive development/improvement by those involved.

DlD8_18XoAIrnBg.jpg:large

Have to admit I was happy we bought Lucas, but I did think it was strengthing in an area we least needed it....but now we’ve got some serious rotation depth up front and goals, we look potent. Seems like a good bloke as well. 15+ goals please mate

Have to admit I was happy we bought Lucas, but I did think it was strengthing in an area we least needed it....but now we’ve got some serious rotation depth up front and goals, we look potent. Seems like a good bloke as well. 15+ goals please mate
We could really do with Lucas or Lamela having 15 goal season. It's good they've both got genuine direct competition against each other in RW. I'm hoping it spurs one of the other onto to take their games to another level

Last edited:
Lamela has 10 career league goals in 90+ games over 4 years. 15 from him is not going to happen.
Pretty sure he did it in Italy, and he has been plagued by injuries since Poch came. With a full season, no injuries, he could definitely hit 15, but is more likely to hit 20 assists then 15 goals Imo.

As for Moura, I think we are all thinking too small. I think this guy could come in and hit 20+ goals if it clicks. He was a bad touch away from a brace yesterday, and also missed that header.

He is getting opportunities and I believe if Poch keeps playing him, it will just click together a few games in and he will just become a monster.

His ceiling is VERY high and he works very very hard. He has the ingredients to be a super star.

Lamela has 10 career league goals in 90+ games over 4 years. 15 from him is not going to happen.

Best return we've had from Lamela is 11 goals & 10 assists across all competitions in 15/16 I think.

If he can rekindle that kind of form a few years on I'd be satisfied that he's had a decent season and done his bit. I'd expect most of those to come in the League Cup & FA Cup though, with the occasional start he might get in the league offering a bit in the creative department.

He's starting to become a senior member of the squad & I'd like to see some serious returns from him now should he stay fit. The crowd love him &a the majority really want him to do well. It's a really important season for him after the club rewarded him with a new deal

Just had a quick look. Lamela got 11 goals & assists combined last year over 14 1/2 games (if you total his 1,320 minutes played up)

That's not a bad return seeing as he didn't kick a ball until December & never achieved a full 90 minutes in the Premier League. If he stays fit I really do expect him to push for double digits in goals & assists across all competitions. The same should go for Lucas with the pedigree he comes with & if both do so it'll really help our push for some kind of silverware & a good League finish.

If both stay fit I honestly think we can expect these kind of returns from over £50m's worth of talent

Pretty sure he did it in Italy, and he has been plagued by injuries since Poch came. With a full season, no injuries, he could definitely hit 15, but is more likely to hit 20 assists then 15 goals Imo.

As for Moura, I think we are all thinking too small. I think this guy could come in and hit 20+ goals if it clicks. He was a bad touch away from a brace yesterday, and also missed that header.

He is getting opportunities and I believe if Poch keeps playing him, it will just click together a few games in and he will just become a monster.

His ceiling is VERY high and he works very very hard. He has the ingredients to be a super star.

I agree with you on Lucas Moura, but not so much with Lamela. I just don’t see Lamela as a goal scorer. He’ll pick up a few, but his role is to create chances and run around like a psychopath. I’m happy with that.

Lucas Moura could be incredible for us. If he can live up to his early potential he could become one of our key players. He’s the kind of player I thought Woolwich would be in for as a direct replacement for Sanchez.

I reckon he plateaued particularly early as player... With better coaching maybe his upward trajectory continues?

Had a weak shot on him, but that alone isn't the death knell for a player.

On his day he would absolutely terrorize the oppo.
He also matured in an era that was still obsessed with the flat 4-4-2 and wide wingers that were expected to be stretch the field and be speedy, but not goal threats.

You don't have to look deep into the past to remember a time when everybody "knew" that a high defensive line didn't work in the Premier League. Now it's standard, which necessarily pushes the old-school baseline wingers into more advanced attacking positions as new-school inside forwards. That was never where Lennon had a future.

He also matured in an era that was still obsessed with the flat 4-4-2 and wide wingers that were expected to be stretch the field and be speedy, but not goal threats.

You don't have to look deep into the past to remember a time when everybody "knew" that a high defensive line didn't work in the Premier League. Now it's standard, which necessarily pushes the old-school baseline wingers into more advanced attacking positions as new-school inside forwards. That was never where Lennon had a future.

I get your point, but who's to say he couldn't have evolved with the game with better coaching... Maybe he'd end up a wingback instead...?

I get your point, but who's to say he couldn't have evolved with the game with better coaching... Maybe he'd end up a wingback instead...?

Pochettino seemed to like him, up until he started causing issues with his attitude. I don’t think he was let go for his lack of ability.

Good call on the wingback role. He was always quite tenacious. Just a shame that he had very little end product. Couldn’t have been all that bad when he had the likes of Maradona and Gazza singling him out for praise.

Pochettino seemed to like him, up until he started causing issues with his attitude. I don’t think he was let go for his lack of ability.

Good call on the wingback role. He was always quite tenacious. Just a shame that he had very little end product. Couldn’t have been all that bad when he had the likes of Maradona and Gazza singling him out for praise.

Tim & AVB all but played him in a WB/defensive winger role anyway.

I think key would be get him motivated and exposed to a higher level of coaching by the time Redknapp left... He still seemed happy and motivated by then but by the time Poch arrived he was jaded.

I think he had more of a future in that role than an attacking winger. Even in his last performances with us he was an excellent low-key defensive performer.

Back
Top Bottom