Local cunts want money off Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am too, but am sufficiently in control of my rational faculties to see how Chelsea and City have turned their fortunes around.
Rational? I think anyone that views Abramovich or any of the Middle Eastern owners as a positive for football is clearly anything but.

These people are ruining football. Sure, Man City fans can boast the cheapest season tickets in the country because of the wild, unchecked spending of their owners (this spending is not kindness, it is an exposure and marketing exercise by people who consider this throw away money)...

...Not so good for the rest of the Premiership who now have journeyman players expecting to be paid £50k a week and the ever increasing season ticket prices to go with that.

The entire point of FFP is that their (clubs like City) spending is completely unaccountable. Personally I see any victory by either of those two clubs as shallow and valueless and I have said I would walk away from Spurs if we became like them. Anyone should be able to win a title when they have engaged full cheats for unlimited money. I actually think that, having spent something like £1.5billion in transfers and wages, it is a joke that City cannot compete in the group phase after three years of aggressive investment whilst Spurs can make a competitive run with Harry at the helm for just one full season and with the club constantly stripped of it's best players.

Nothing about what they are doing to football is positive for fans broadly speaking and I think it will ultimately work out bad for the individual clubs in the long run. Since Abramovich came into football the increase in "results now", manager sackings, uncontrollable spending, ludicrous wage demands etc. etc. has gone up, up, up across the board in check with the fiscal pressure created by their inflating of transfer fees and wages alike... How the hell can you call them good owners?

I think the group is representative - it is composed of local residents who want to ensure that local residents are stood up for.

It's alright saying they're just gooners or there are more gooners in Tottenham than Spurs fans, but in the adult world, football rivalry has fuck all to do with this.

300 local people in the Love Lane area are being kicked out of their homes as part of the plans our club has agreed with the council. The local residents don't get to say "no", they just get turfed out. Part of the money from the sale of that land will be given to our club as part of the public funding we are getting.

I'm not disagreeing that our new stadium and regeneration plans will bring positives to the area. But you have to be honest with yourself and ask if local residents who lose their homes, can't afford the new homes that are built, and end up getting relocated to the Midlands, will think that our new stadium had a positive impact on their lives.

The truth isn't as simple as writing a group of local campaigners who clearly are concerned with sticking up for their local community off as 'Marxists' or, lol, 'gooners'.

I still agree the demand for 100 million is laughable though.

Bring on the hate...

I skim read all the bullshit to be honest.

Basically I don't really care about anyone elses opinion
guyism.com*wp-content*uploads*2013*02*george-carlin-quote-people-care.png

Well said, except for the part about the billionaire owners, who for Spurs would be a good thing, if they spent the money so we could buy Benteke, Lloris earlier, etc.

The boost City gave to the Prem by pipping Utd was massive. Take away City and Chelsea and the lge becomes more boring than Scotland as Utd win title after title.

So you want everyone to have billionaire owners to make the league more competitive?

I reckon it would be just as competitive (and cheaper for the fans) if no owners were foreign billionaires and clubs that earned their cash rather than what Chelsea and Man City have done.

Please drop your agenda, it's getting rather boring.

OK Carlito, we know you exist here simply to troll and I shouldn't feed you, but you haven't a clue.

Anyone who loves Tottenham the football club needs to respect Tottenham the place. Do we really want to turn into another Liverpool? Anfield is a wreck of a place, people were forced out years before their homes were demolished in the name of regeneration, and what has the club got to show for it? A load of twaddle about how much they love the city, but nothing real for anybody.

The campaigners are right that public money shouldn't be used for the stadium. In the long run, stadiums don't bring a huge net benefit to surrounding neighbourhoods, no matter how much we may like them. Yeah, fans may spend money in the local shops, but it's not massive. Tottenham is one of the poorest places in England. People living on next to nothing are right next to a temple of excess where men are paid more in one week than a lot of N17 residents see in a year. I think it's shameful that Haringey Council let Spurs off the hook for all those payments and housing commitments. 100 homes? The club couldn't build 100 affordable homes? That's a few blocks of flats. Sad. The club wouldn't pay £1.2 million toward education when a school just a few streets away (John Loughborough) is being permanently shut down next month because the quality of education there is absolutely abysmal? That would be a drop in the bucket for the club. Of course the community isn't going to get £100 million - you always aim high when making demands in hopes of getting a decent fraction of it - but Spurs can do better than the less-than-£500K required. These amounts aren't paid all at once. And if we can't stump up a few million for good will then maybe we have no business building a new stadium.

And you dare call local residents cunts. You probably wouldn't last a week living there.

The comments on that article are all Spurs fans slagging the area off and no doubt some people will start calling poor people scum etc. I don't go along with all that, but even I can see how ridiculous it is for these people to demand 100 million quid from our club.

Local people should have the opportunity to have their say on what happens to the area, not have it imposed on them by rich businessmen or greedy councils. But a bunch of jokers making extortionate demands can fuck right off.

I'm no troll, I've been supporting Spurs well over 50 years. More than most on here I'd guess.

City and Chelsea's owners invest large amounts of money in their club, ours don't. That's their prerogative, and overall ENIC have done a reasonable job for us. But compared to City and Chelsea they lack vision and ambition. So do most other clubs' owners in the Prem, it's true. Those two clubs have been transformed by their owners.

You are a fucking moron. Or a troll so bad that he has to start his posts claiming not to be one.

As I understand it, these people are not even representative. They are just a bunch of people who have got together and Spurs were good enough to listen to them. They are not elected, just volunteers. Judging by the noises they are making, they sound like good little marxists - excellent at PR and wanting money for nothing.

I think it is wrong to slag off the area or the local people based on what a bunch of dinosaurs are saying.

Let Spurs, the Mayor, London Transport and the Council get on with the regeneration they have planned and ignore these bandwaggon jumpers looking for a handout.

Dinosaurs? I would have accepted leeches, scroungers, cuntoids, or...

...oh, I see. One is a trade unionist so we have to default to what we have been systematically programmed to refer to them as by anyone anti-union! Nice...

I can't remember if you are a troll but I will humour you regardless.

As someone mentioned previously Woolwich have been in the Champions League for something like 16 years on the spin, whilst also winning a couple of titles in the last fifteen years. Therefore it is absurd to say that we should have built a stadium just like them seeing as we have only been in the CL once.

As for saying that the owners of Chelsea and City have more ambition than ENIC, that is fucking farcical they just have an incomparable bank roll behind them.

I'm no troll, I've been supporting Spurs well over 50 years. More than most on here I'd guess.

City and Chelsea's owners invest large amounts of money in their club, ours don't. That's their prerogative, and overall ENIC have done a reasonable job for us. But compared to City and Chelsea they lack vision and ambition. So do most other clubs' owners in the Prem, it's true. Those two clubs have been transformed by their owners.

No club has improved every single year of the last 10 without huge outside investment apart from Spurs........Villa thought they were getting a Sugar Daddy in Randy Lerner - I bet their fans would bite your arm of if offered Levy, as did West Ham with the Icelandics, and Pompy, Liverpool, Birmingham, QPR etc, etc, etc

That's true. But ENIC have enough spare cash, to help us out to build the stadium if they wanted to. But they don't, that's their perogative as I say, but that is one of many reasons why City and Chelsea have far better owners than us. However, it's not just us as I say, City and Chelsea have the two best owners in the country, who have transformed the fortunes of their clubs. I'm glad some at least can see it, both within and without Spursdom. Naturally many fans of other clubs, like many of our fans are massively jealous of City's and Chelsea's success. I am too, but am sufficiently in control of my rational faculties to see how Chelsea and City have turned their fortunes around.
AND NEITHER SHEIKH MANSOUR OR ROMAN ABRAMOVICH HAVE BOUGHT A NEW STADIUM YOU FUCKING LUNATIC

greaves357
Do you even understand what their owners are doing and how they compare to most other clubs?
Yes they have progressed their clubs, but at what fucking cost? billions of pounds that have hardly created some sort of complete dominance.
There are only a HANDFUL of clubs that have owners with a bottomless pit of money and quite frankly, having to rely on some crazed moneyspenderbigman to come in and dope your club into something noteworthy is just sickening. It is these handful of owners that are ruining football. They are inflating wages and transfer fees for all the clubs in the league and because of that, they inflate the price of watching football and club stash...

They are slowly making football a sport for the privelidged only and that is NOT acceptable

Back
Top Bottom