Loan Watch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is he on loan, or did we release him?

Shame he wanted to go immediately, I thought he could have been potentially useful at times. Such a wealth of experience and a quality player. Maybe he had been told he wasn't going to get a look in?

Technically on loan.

I'd guess we are still paying most of his wages as beyond his new club's ability to pay. But it is only a guess

15 players on loan and THFC has sent them to or left them at the right place.
We will see if Devine gets selected again-I have a hunch he will.
Spence has to prove himself. Does he want to?
Same with Veliz. Sevilla probably not expecting to be in relegation danger but it is up to Alejo to get into contention.
But overall well done to THFC.
Yeah mostly decent. I think the few loans that haven't quite worked out have been players that started their loans with injuries which is always a bit awkward (Tanganga and Djed's first loans and Veliz). Dane probably should have gone back to league 1 but still got a fair amount of opportunities at a higher level before he was recalled. Hard to know how many he sorted out but I think Andy Scoulding has had a big hand in the success of the loans this year and hopefully continues that because there's quite a few youth players that could do with experience next season.

Yeah mostly decent. I think the few loans that haven't quite worked out have been players that started their loans with injuries which is always a bit awkward (Tanganga and Djed's first loans and Veliz). Dane probably should have gone back to league 1 but still got a fair amount of opportunities at a higher level before he was recalled. Hard to know how many he sorted out but I think Andy Scoulding has had a big hand in the success of the loans this year and hopefully continues that because there's quite a few youth players that could do with experience next season.
Andy Scoulding not a name most fans would be aware of.
Including myself!

Completely petty but I don't want Ipswich to get promoted.

Andy Scoulding not a name most fans would be aware of.
Including myself!

Always difficult to know who does what when it comes to knowing which coach is responsible for - as an example Mile Jedinak (Ange's First Team Coach) was Loan Player Development Coach at Villa so wouldn't surprise me if he was involved in some loans.

Andy Scoulding was, I think a Paraciti appointment who joined before last summer window to help recruitment from Rangers where he was Chief Scout. Scoulding joined as Assistant Performance Director with Gretar Steinssen as his boss (he's since left but pictured with Mikey Moore when he announced his signing a 3 year contract last summer).

But Scoulding identified as the main man behind Devine's Port Vale loan Alfie Devine Recalled by Tottenham Hotspur so highly likely to be involved in other loans too. But not necessarily all loans !

Bergvall played 90 tonight. 3-3
Sun; Spence 78. Won 2-1.
Perisic came on 74. 0-1.
Sat: Dier unused sub. 2-3.
Troy I assume still injured. Excelsior lose 0-1.

Leeds, Millwall, PAFC, Donc and Barnet all play tomorrow.

REGUILLONBRENTFORDSAT 13THSHEFF U H 15:00
RODONLEEDSTUE 9THSUNDERLAND H 20:00
PHILLIPSP ARGYLETUE 9TH QPR H 19:45
Devine U21P ARGYLETUE 9TH QPR H 19:45
TANGANGAMILLWALLTUE 9THLEICESTER H 19:45
Craig U21DONCASTERTUE 9THWALSALL H 19:45
KeeleyBARNETTUE 9THBROMLEY H 19:45
BERGVALLDjurgardensSUN 14THSIRIUS H 15:30
VELIZSEVILLASUN 14TH LAS PALMAS A 13:00
SPENCEGENOAMON 15THFIORENTINA A 17.30
DIERB MUNICHTUE 9TH GOONS A 20:00
NDOMBELEGALATASARYMON 15THALANYASPOR A 18:00