Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

spursvliverpool.jpg

Gollini, Emerson, Sanchez, Rodon, Craig, White, Devine, Lucas, Scarlett

I’d go with that line up

I’ve got a very good feeling about this one. Nerves will bight them first. Will also get feisty as their dream disappears. Seem to remember us stopping Manu doing the quadruple in their triple year. 1 trophy for them this season I reckon. BBC scouse reporting machine has been in overdrive this week. Time for them to lose.

He can't defend and we will have to...a lot, at least Royal can tackle.

I'd wager yet another experienced manager will ignore ThinkWank's preferred XI yet again.

So you’re a Royal defender now as well as Winks?

How do you feel about Sess?

These are all players together with a few others that need to go in the summer and I’m including Berg

I’d go with that line up

We absolutely need Moura and maybe even Bergwijn to start.

Energy against energy. We got to push them sideways as much as possible

Some of this ain't rocket science but it's the quality, courage and willingness to adapt specifically for one match.

Kulusevski starting would be a mistake in my opinion, and not using Bergwijn"s aggression another.

I will be disappointed but I would include both.

So you’re a Royal defender now as well as Winks?

How do you feel about Sess?

These are all players together with a few others that need to go in the summer and I’m including Berg
I'm not a defender of him, but for the Liverpool game he is regretfully the best option we have for what I think the match will be, at Anfield, where they haven't lost in the League all season and have only conceded 7 times in 17 league games. So yeah, maybe starting Bergwijn at wing back is a completely fucking shite idea.

Sess was the worst player on the pitch yesterday (that stayed on, Moura had a stinker, but tbf has barely played much) but again, options. As for Winks, getting blamed for that goal yesterday was quite absurd IMO and I'm not so much a defender of him as I think the shit he gets is ridiculously OTT.

Almost at a point that it's worse than what Trippier got tbh. If he's happy being a squad player and on the bench he'll probably stay, not bothered either way.

Last edited:
I'm not a defender of him, but for the Liverpool game he is regretfully the best option we have for what I think the match will be, at Anfield, where they haven't lost in the League all season and have only conceded 7 times in 17 league games. So yeah, maybe starting Bergwijn at wing back is a completely fucking shite idea.

Sess was the worst player on the pitch yesterday (that stayed on, Moura had a stinker, but tbf has barely played much) but again, options. As for Winks, getting blamed for that goal yesterday was quite absurd IMO and I'm not so much a defender of him as I think the shit he gets is ridiculously OTT.

Almost at a point that it's worse than what Trippier got tbh. If he's happy being a squad player and on the bench he'll probably stay, not bothered either way.

Yes Sess hasn’t got a future with us which is a shame as he had promise

We absolutely need Moura and maybe even Bergwijn to start.

Energy against energy. We got to push them sideways as much as possible

Some of this ain't rocket science but it's the quality, courage and willingness to adapt specifically for one match.

Kulusevski starting would be a mistake in my opinion, and not using Bergwijn"s aggression another.

I will be disappointed but I would include both.

Kulusevski started against Man City and played well offensively and defensively, not sure why it would be a mistake to start him.

Almost at a point that it's worse than what Trippier got tbh.
Tripps admitted he was shit in that final season with us because he'd had an injury. The criticism was justified. Winks is just not consistent enough full stop. He's a lower level PL player at the very best (championship imo), able to have a decent game here and there but mostly a nothing player.

Back
Top Bottom