Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We were under the cosh most of the game...we did well keeping it to two goals...
We were under the cosh because we never took advantage of that early goal and allowed them to come back and dominate. Persisting with Eriksen was like giving a donkey strawberries as far as they were concerned.
Fate gave us an unexpected gift and we just threw it back in it's face.

The ref was NOT the reason we lost. Complete bollocks to suggest that was the reason.

We lost due to a shit team selection, a crap formation, shit tactics and no idea what to do when things needed changing. Poch is the reason we lost.
Totally agree. What exactly were our tactics?? To let their wide players have it all the time, to sit deep and allow them all the time in the world to pass the ball? Poch seems to have no idea how to organise. And, as has been said many times, why the fuck doesn't he change things earlier?
The tragedy is that because of this, players who were once heroes are attracting our anger and resentment, as well as Poch himself. Amd for that reason, if he doesn't turn it round by Christmas, he has to go.

Totally agree. What exactly were our tactics?? To let their wide players have it all the time, to sit deep and allow them all the time in the world to pass the ball? Poch seems to have no idea how to organise. And, as has been said many times, why the fuck doesn't he change things earlier?
The tragedy is that because of this, players who were once heroes are attracting our anger and resentment, as well as Poch himself. Amd for that reason, if he doesn't turn it round by Christmas, he has to go.
Why would you give him till Xmas?

We have been poor since Feb.

Poch changes the line up and formation so much every week, players not getting any consistent run of games. Thought Davies did okay mid-week, would have started him today. Start of the season Foyth was going for the right back position, what’s happened with that? I know he was injured but is match fit now as he proved playing for Argentina, gotta be better than Aurier. Literally the clumsiest footballer ever.
Starting Eriksen in front of Ndombele - why on earth. It was obvious Liverpool would score if he didn’t change it but he waited until we were losing to make any sort of change and then makes subs in 84th and 88th minute, what does he expect a player to do in that time?

Poch not doing what he needs to do. There's no way Eriksen and Rose should be anywhere near the squad. Toby looked alright today but Eriksen and Rose just should not play.

Not starting Ndombele was bizarre, he should be one of the first players selected every week, especially with no game until next weekend.

Team selection cost us dearly.

“We played well but when we scored early the team tried to defend. I think the first half was difficult to connect and play. The second half the game was under control more and we started creating chances. When you don’t score you know the crowd are going to push the team on here at Anfield.”

Sorry but I only have one response to that statement .. :thumbdown: :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Aside from two defensive errors, pretty solid at the back against arguably the best attack line in the world.
Son was unreal.
Gazzaniga unreal.
Just thought it was a very tight game against an excellent Liverpool team and Tottenham were the most competitive I’ve seen them for weeks.
Would have started N’Dombele and Lucas over Alli and Eriksen.
Thought N’Dombele looked excellent when he came on.
Had Son’s effort early in second half went in it would’ve been a different result.
Understand current frustrations but do reckon we’ve still got the manager and players to get firing again.
This squad has given us so much, we should cut them a little bit of slack
Okay appreciate the reply. I would say:
Son was average
Gazza was very good
It was a hard game in midfield but we were always chasing. Liverpool have been very average so far this season and, like the CL final were there for the taking
Had Sons effort gone in, yep no doubt. However it didn’t. If my auntie had bollocks and all that..
Squad needs freshening, no doubt. Manager? Making odd decisions and very inconsistent with his message. For me he is running out of time

To let their wide players have it all the time, to sit deep and allow them all the time in the world to pass the ball?

Not that I disagree, but that's exactly how we played at Etihad, and got the draw. Today, we could have got the same.

I don't have problem with clear tactical decisions like that. What I do have an issue with is the selection to accommodate those tactics, and the fact that, ONCE AGAIN, those who are least committed to the club, get picked.

Back
Top Bottom