Life after Redknapp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i actually think ramos would have got us relegated if he hadnt been sacked, if left too long, we'd have got the old 'too good to go down' syndrome and done a forest. the players werent trying and we didnt have the bollox to scrap for survival. many managers could have got us out, some couldnt have, but arry did.

Why are the words "gung-ho" and "cavalier" so often used to describe Redknapp's Spurs?

We really aren't all that attacking - we hardly ever play with more than one striker and rarely score more than 1 goal in a game.

score more than one or win by more than 1?

if you compare us to a lot of teams we are looking to attack more- goes for the rest of the top 7

Thats a good article and almost makes me feel better about all this. It does raise may main concern though about our players not reacting well to a more tactical/strict approach in training and games.

How many times do you hear players complaining about a new managers tactics and training ground bust ups, lets hope that doesn't happen to us.

I really liked how the article pointed out the reasonable flaws in Redknapp's approach. It's true--there really is no plan B for when we can't get width. And if Gareth is kicked out of the game, we see his frustration turn to petulance.

And our run-in really was shit last year. 15 points from 14 matches? (or whatever) Granted that includes both Mancunian Massacres, but, still.

It almost feels like Harry came in to be a stopgap, and he blundered into a situation where the players and manager clicked to make together the best football of their lives (to date). Harry will surely never have it this good if he leaves us, and who knows how a diff gaffer will change the team.

:saha:

Back
Top Bottom