Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't really get the whole 'Sandro out for the seaon, must sign Holtby now' train of thought.

I'm no expert on Holtby, but him and Sandro seem completely different players. Surely signing Holtby is more dependent on whether or not we can sign Moutinho?

I don't really get the whole 'Sandro out for the seaon, must sign Holtby now' train of thought.

I'm no expert on Holtby, but him and Sandro seem completely different players. Surely signing Holtby is more dependent on whether or not we can sign Moutinho?

I can only presume Dembele would then be deployed in the slightly more 'recessed' position (potentially wasteful) or we are planning on reverting back to his 4-3-3 with Holtby-Dembele-Parker in the middle.

Most likely the latter, unless we sign a top striker (righto..) forcing us back to 4-4-2

Also - with Holtby's arrival - I really don't think Moutinho is on the cards anymore - possibly a wide forward/versatile attacking outlet in the form of Willian or even Sneijder.

Holtby is a player who can play every position in midfield according to german press and himself, he's played CDM before and worked well (closer to a Vidal type CDM than a Parker CDM though)

Yeah, the defensive midfield position he played was the second most defensive position in a 4-2-3-1 double-pivot. (that's basically what Mousa's now playing for us)
He's never played as the most defensive midfielder before, and given his skillset I wouldn't want him to do that for us.

Oh, and Schalke play Hannover tonight, we might get new information on him then.

But presumably if he's as good as we've been led to believe, then it's worth it however we fit him in.
We need to finish above the scum and any advantage we can get for remainder of season should be taken.
Personally I see Dembele being pushed further forward appealing - ghosting past players on the edge of the area, potentially breaking through or earning free kicks in dangerous positions.
Holtby can then be pulling the strings from deeper

Is Sandro out for the season then? Or is that just scurrilous rumour-mongering of the lowest common denominatoralisation!!???

Is Sandro out for the season then? Or is that just scurrilous rumour-mongering of the lowest common denominatoralisation!!???

Knowing our recent injury 'estimates' and subsequent 'actual timelines' - I'd say out for the season is best case scenario.

I think if we bring in Holtby now, I'd like to line up like this:
180113112506.png

Back
Top Bottom