Levy'd?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BLNk2V7CIAAyXKO.jpg:large

I've said it a million times before...

All this Levy'd stuff about stitching up other chairman Is bollox...

We get mugged off by him week in, week out

Quite surprised this season ticket thing has only just come out now. Whilst we've been mugging Woolwich fans off for protesting at their board, ours have been treating us worse.

It's a difficult balance: we complain about lack of signings etc but this is where the money for it is largely going to come from.
Think Levy et al have gotten away with exorbitant ticket prices largely down to the demand (this topic has come up a lot on the podcast).
It would be a different debate if we regularly undersold. But WHL is near enough full most weeks.
Doesn't make it right as (again regularly brought up on the pod) we ought not be treated like customers of a business because of the unique bond we have with our team e.g. You might love Coca Cola a lot more than Pepsi but if the price doubles and the quality dips then you'd switch - whereas we're never going to switch to be west ham fans

I've said it a million times before...

All this Levy'd stuff about stitching up other chairman Is bollox...

We get mugged off by him week in, week out
Yeah, can't disagree with this. I've always hated the out and out Levy worship, or alternately the hate, that exists among so many of the fans.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's one of the best men for the job, but this idea that he's some sort of faultless saint that isn't looking to make a buck for ENIC at every turn, and isn't capable of fucking up things like signings or managerial issues, to me, just doesn't fly.

I love Levy, I love how short he is, I love his hair, I love his weird son, I love his smell, his musk, I love his deal with it glasses cleaning and his well fitted suits, I love his mystery, his undying clap, righteousness is his friend and he is an adorable fiscal angel.

The part suggesting Levy is somehow trying to deceive the fans is ridiculous.

The only reason that Woolwich include so many Cup games is that they have year on year qualified and fulfilled those fixtures. It suits them to include the CL games as it ensures a full capacity even when they play dead rubbers or shit opposition.

The difference in sentiment between Spurs fans and Woolwich fans in terms of a willingness to pay more money is purely down to feeling that we have that we are on an upward spiral......each season sees us progress a little so the little increase in ticket price is begrudgingly accepted - Woolwich fans (quite rightly imo) feel they are on the decline each year and have been for the past 8 seasons so they won't accept any ticket price rises.

I seriously don't think ST prices will rise exponentially in our new stadium. They will need to fill it, so ST prices won't rise significantly imo. Woolwich, however, need to fill 60,000 seats, so I'm not surprised they're cheaper than us pro rata.

We have 25,000 ST holders in a 36,000 stadium. That converts to about 40,000 STs in a 56,000 stadium. I can't see 40,000 people paying much more (if anything) than the Wanderers have to pay.

Yes it would be nice if ticket prices didn't keep rising, but everything else goes up. Bottom line is people will stop paying the higher prices when it becomes unaffordable for them personally and what they are prepared to cut back on. I know its never going to happen, but if the players took a pay cut then maybe prices may come down!

This is precisely the reason why I can't be arsed with going to WHL anymore - nothing will be done until people start boycotting games. Man City fans paying £62 for a ticket then displaying a banner at how disgusted they were for having to do so need a fucking head check

Not being funny but I would pay any amount of money to watch the team I love week in week out. Yes it would be great if ST's were £300 but until that day I am happy to pay whatever it takes.

Comparing our season tickets to the ones down the road is like comparing watching the summer blockbuster at the IMAX to watching it on your phone.

Back
Top Bottom