Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

obviously we havent had a good football team for ages. that doesnt mean youre not a big club. united and AC milan arent what they were 20 year ago, they are still giants.

enic have capitalised on the clubs financial potential. they wouldnt have been able to generate this money with city and no success.

United are the most successful club in the Premier League - they have earnt the right to call themselves a big club!

Average points per season.......How many Trophies should the 6th best team have?

1. Manchester United – 78.74
2. Woolwich – 71.77
3. Chelsea – 70.39
4. Liverpool – 70.19
5. Manchester City – 66.08
6. Tottenham – 59.58

United are the most successful club in the Premier League - they have earnt the right to call themselves a big club!

Average points per season.......How many Trophies should the 6th best team have?

1. Manchester United – 78.74
2. Woolwich – 71.77
3. Chelsea – 70.39
4. Liverpool – 70.19
5. Manchester City – 66.08
6. Tottenham – 59.58
so you think any old club can generate top 10 revenue off the back of fuck all success, just by having business savvy owners?

so you think any old club can generate top 10 revenue off the back of fuck all success, just by having business savvy owners?

No. Any old club can't do it. ENIC have created a global brand and built a world class stadium in London.

Our biggest earner is not the football. Hotel and Apartments on the way too. Spurs are a successful commercial empire, not a successful on pitch football team.

Commercial revenues from sponsorship, merchandising and other revenues such as third-party events, visitor attractions and Conference and Events, along with the return of a pre-season tour, increased to £227.7m

Match receipts of £117.6m
UEFA prize money was £56.2m (We qualified for champs league)
TV and Media revenues were £148.1m

Levy fucked all of this up with Mourinho. Panicked over COVID and failed to back him. Conte sucked but Mou was different. He received no backing and still got us to a cup final while getting the best seasons of Son and Kane’s careers.

He then was abruptly sacked the week after the Super League news first broke right before a City final. It was obvious why. Levy needed PR after the Super League news, and Mourinho had criticized him publicly and hurt his feelings.

That is Daniel Levy’s legacy. He should always, always, always be remembered for that moment. Sacking a manager on the cusp of a trophy because it would make him look bad. A cup final, he made the decision to send us into battle with Ryan bloody Mason vs Pep Guardiola. The most farcical match I have ever seen in my entire life.

This is fundamentally the difference between us and proper clubs. It’s all about the money for Levy. And nothing about the success.

I think with the revenues we have we will never be far from top 6, and may luck out and get CL football sometimes. But the club will never win anything because it doesnt really have any ambition to win.

For as long as I can remember, its never had a squad of 22 good players. Its always been a decent 11 with no backup. You need that quality back up to win things. Manager after manager will come and go and the circle continues.

I think with the revenues we have we will never be far from top 6, and may luck out and get CL football sometimes. But the club will never win anything because it doesnt really have any ambition to win.

For as long as I can remember, its never had a squad of 22 good players. Its always been a decent 11 with no backup. You need that quality back up to win things. Manager after manager will come and go and the circle continues.

Chicken and Egg really.

No elite player wants to come and sit on the Spurs bench, with little prospects of picking up any honors.

Nobody dreams of playing for Tottenham Hotspur - that is the difference between us and 'Big' clubs. United, Liverpool, Milan, Bara, Madrid, Munich are teams players dream of playing for.

Levy's problem is that Newcastle have unlimited funds. Man Utd have Ratcliffe, worth £26bn by some estimates, and he's ambitious. Villa have owners worth £15bn and ultra ambitious.

Then you have Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Woolwich with lots of cash and ambition.

His old strategy of buy young and sell high is not going to work. There's too many rich and ambitious owners buying top players for that style to work.

Ange is one problem, but Levy needs to look at himself. Maybe now is the time to cash out and bring in some new ambitious owners. Levy and Lewis are some of the poorest owners in the PL now.

Levy's problem is that Newcastle have unlimited funds. Man Utd have Ratcliffe, worth £26bn by some estimates, and he's ambitious. Villa have owners worth £15bn and ultra ambitious.

Then you have Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Woolwich with lots of cash and ambition.

His old strategy of buy young and sell high is not going to work. There's too many rich and ambitious owners buying top players for that style to work.

Ange is one problem, but Levy needs to look at himself. Maybe now is the time to cash out and bring in some new ambitious owners. Levy and Lewis are some of the poorest owners in the PL now.
They aren’t poor, and if they have no working capital they could sell a minority stake. They’ve put less into the club than I have tbh.

Regular top six is what levy is happy with, since he has been in charge, the ambition level has remained the same.
Club don't do enough to go to the next level, levy and Enic, just do enough to remain competitive and that's it.
Cash flowing through the tills, with no pressure or desire to compete for anything other than top six.

Chicken and Egg really.

No elite player wants to come and sit on the Spurs bench, with little prospects of picking up any honors.

Nobody dreams of playing for Tottenham Hotspur - that is the difference between us and 'Big' clubs. United, Liverpool, Milan, Bara, Madrid, Munich are teams players dream of playing for.
I dream of playing for Tottenham Hotspur

But I'm shit

So id probably fit in pretty well at the moment

Regular top six is what levy is happy with, since he has been in charge, the ambition level has remained the same.
Club don't do enough to go to the next level, levy and Enic, just do enough to remain competitive and that's it.
Cash flowing through the tills, with no pressure or desire to compete for anything other than top six.

I'm not sure that is true. It's easy to say - spend a bunch of money and we can compete.

We have spent 817 MILLION on players in the previous 5 years; with only 269 coming back in player sales. And that excluded whatever we had to pay to Mourinho & Conte.

And that has only resulted in 1 top 4 finish.

So, how much more money do you think needs to be spent on the squad to make us competitive?

Whenever a devout LevyENIC supporter / defender / apologists (take your pick) leaves the show a new one immediately pops in to take their place!
It really is uncanny.

its spending on the right players, you can't get every buy right
But look at what we have wasted
Richy £60M who ever thought he was worth £80M
Nodembele £100m inc wages where was the checks on this guy done ?
GLC when has he produced ?
and that's without all the cheap buys
its about scouting, not Scouting players for this manager or that manager But getting players that will fit the EPL,
we pay good wages to managers & coaches so these people need to coach and improve players
I've only coached at grass root club were 6 or so of us coaches would go training 4/5 nights a week coaching different team/players (one sessions its coaching a good 2 footed player next its a player who can't even kick a football ) that coaching, and its why i bang on about these Pro managers/coaches who only cones out and do the same stuff they were showed when they played
we got invited to lots of acadmeies to watch training and much of it was not good enough to me

I'm sorry, but wealth doesn't mean you are a big club.

And History? You have to go back to the 60s, when football was amateur sport played by peasants.

Since the Premier League started in 1992 Spurs have won 2 trophy's - and they were only the Milk Cup. In the Premier League era, Spurs are NOT a big club; they have always been on the fringes, but never quite good enough.

Leicester bankrupt themselves to get success and ended up relegated. Everton and West Ham almost got relegated trying to buy success.

If trophies and bragging rights is what you want, you are supporting the wrong club mate.
What a disparaging, patronising load of nonsense. We were one of the then BIG 5 who instigated the Premier League. I've already shown you that.

Foundation of the Premier League - Wikipedia

We were then one of the new BIG 6 that tried to break away from it.

We've only won the two league cups since 1992 because ENIC have been scamming the club for 75% of that period.

We are historically a massive club with a massive fanbase and when ENIC took over the 4th most decorated club in England, and the joint RECORD FA cup winners.

Stop belittling our football club to apologise for their record of failure. Today, of all days

If we're such a small club, why are we paying the highest ticket prices.

Why don't you go and support a club like Barnet FFS

Back
Top Bottom