Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And it was the period when we weren’t very good under Conte that I didn’t enjoy,
I think given the circumstances of last season, the fact we were 4th when he was sacked was a miracle.
It was this time last year, 28 games in, that he melted and went. We were 4th then. Had the ref not given a dodgy penalty, we'd have moved into 3rd that day, he wouldn't have melted, maybe we would have stayed there.

And he did that with players like Dier, Davies, Sanchez, PEH starting every game. I do believe if he wasn't ex chelsea, the opinion on him would be softer.

They have included 2nd division and non league top 4 finishes in their top 4 sums.

Fucking ridiculous.
Every thing you say is fucking ridiculous, as is the childish disagreeing with people's posts when their posts are factually correct.
The graphic was a bit daft, but you can still prove, unequivocally, we are a worse team in the ENIC era than any other post war era. It's undeniable.

So jog on.

I think given the circumstances of last season, the fact we were 4th when he was sacked was a miracle.
It was this time last year, 28 games in, that he melted and went. We were 4th then. Had the ref not given a dodgy penalty, we'd have moved into 3rd that day, he wouldn't have melted, maybe we would have stayed there.

And he did that with players like Dier, Davies, Sanchez, PEH starting every game. I do believe if he wasn't ex chelsea, the opinion on him would be softer.
I think it was the fact he made no secret of the fact he didnt really want to be here and the football being utter dogshit pretty much all of last season (it was decent the year before) counted against him. FA cup exits to Boro and Sheff Utd didnt help.

But you're right, he got us 4th against the odds and left us in 4th. I'd put his spell a mile above Mourinho's. Nothing remotely good or memorable came out of his 16 months here.

Every thing you say is fucking ridiculous, as is the childish disagreeing with people's posts when their posts are factually correct.
The graphic was a bit daft, but you can still prove, unequivocally, we are a worse team in the ENIC era than any other post war era. It's undeniable.

So jog on.
It's not 'undeniable' at all - as has been pointed out to you literally hundreds of times, it depends how you define 'worse team', 'success' etc, and for some people it's about more than trophies (which, let's face it, hardly any clubs win, yet they all still have fans); for some people it's about league position (being the most consistent long-term measure of success), and even then, that being considered in relation to CONTEXT, i.e. what has been happening at the time with other clubs, how the horizon has changed etc. You may not agree, and of course that is your right, but the above is a perfectly legitimate measure in the eyes of some (indeed many it seems) fans, therefore claiming your opinion to be the one and only legitimte opinion, 'undeniable', is simply arrogant. Other people can have legitimate opinions that differ from yours.

PS You accuse someone else of being childish, then end your post with "So jog on" - seriously? :(

It's not 'undeniable' at all - as has been pointed out to you literally hundreds of times, it depends how you define 'worse team', 'success' etc, and for some people it's about more than trophies (which, let's face it, hardly any clubs win, yet they all still have fans); for some people it's about league position (being the most consistent long-term measure of success), and even then, that being considered in relation to CONTEXT, i.e. what has been happening at the time with other clubs, how the horizon has changed etc. You may not agree, and of course that is your right, but the above is a perfectly legitimate measure in the eyes of some (indeed many it seems) fans, therefore claiming your opinion to be the one and only legitimte opinion, 'undeniable', is simply arrogant. Other people can have legitimate opinions that differ from yours.
We Did It Applause GIF by Alexander IRL

Great post.

But welcome to the anti ENIC bully list unfortunately.

I can show you where you can turn off disagree notifications if necessary.

We Did It Applause GIF by Alexander IRL

Great post.

But welcome to the anti ENIC bully list unfortunately.

I can show you where you can turn off disagree notifications if necessary.
That's fine, I've no issue with people disagreeing with anything, everyone is entitled to their opinion. :) Incidentally, I have never and would never put anyone on ignore either - I've always thought it's far more important to listen to and try to understand the opinions of people you disagree with than surround yourself only with people you agree with, and hence to accept that there can be lots of different yet legitimate views on things. :)

Context-less, arbitrary, disingenuous - a 25 year rolling graph, good grief, top 4 finishes back in an era when top 4 wasn't even a thing, good Lord lmao
So according to this Sugar and Scholar should be tied in together with the latter part of the previous regime ergo Sugar took us forward and ENIC has taken us backwards, I mean what?, Also didn't we get relegated on the 70s as well from the 1st division? What are we even doing here?
Like I already explained in the above post if your argument is whether ENIC have improved the team then why are you including previous owners before Sugar? It's such a non comparison.
wtf am I actually reading, this thread man
People wonder why I defend the board in here or whatever but this is the sort of nonsense I'm talking about, incredible.

6d928e496b06d98b49e666e0da305ec0_w200.gif

Incredibly childish. Embarrassingly childish.

All the hallmarks of a troll.
Out of interest, do you condone the opposing poster ending his retaliation with "So jog on"? Do you think that's childish too? Or are actions only considered childish when undertaken by people you disagree with?

You are without any doubt whatsoever the most disingenuous and deceitful poster on this entire forum, so I'm not sure you're in any position to be chastising others.

Incredibly childish. Embarrassingly childish.

All the hallmarks of a troll.
I'm only responding in kind to your turn of a homophobic response backed up with multiple disagrees on multiple posts - with the same gang of people all disagreeing together on the same posts.

Even when I posted little more than Wikipedia stats of how many more league titles Woolwich had won than us when ENIC took over as you were factually wrong - you doubled down.

You can't tolerate being wrong though often are wrong - but you also can't and won't accept anything that could disprove your ENIC hatred logic.

It's a terrible personality trait to be so hateful, and a bully.

But it does include trophies won during the periods

But the whole thought process behind a team / club improving is based upon league position.
If the charts showed we were worse than ever before I’d buy it.
But instead it shows our league average positions are up there with the double winning team.
That’s a hard fact.

One question that does come to my mind is that given the choice between having Tottenham’s football experience over the last 25 years and the next 25 years or Leicesters experience who would you choose?

And it’s the whole lot. Trophies, relegation, New Stadium size etc etc.

Who would you rather be? They have been more successful that’s for sure.

And are you saying right now they are better than us?
Funnily enough the year ENIC arrived 2000/2001 they finished 13th to our 12th. 1 point behind.
So they pretty much started from the same spot 1/4 century ago.

But we have not improved more than them from 2001? That’s the take? As they have won more. Been relegated more too.

But the whole thought process behind a team / club improving is based upon league position.
If the charts showed we were worse than ever before I’d buy it.
But instead it shows our league average positions are up there with the double winning team.
That’s a hard fact.

One question that does come to my mind is that given the choice between having Tottenham’s football experience over the last 25 years and the next 25 years or Leicesters experience who would you choose?

And it’s the whole lot. Trophies, relegation, New Stadium size etc etc.

Who would you rather be? They have been more successful that’s for sure.

And are you saying right now they are better than us?
Funnily enough the year ENIC arrived 2000/2001 they finished 13th to our 12th. 1 point behind.
So they pretty much started from the same spot 1/4 century ago.

But we have not improved more than them from 2001? That’s the take? As they have won more. Been relegated more too.
At the end of the day, if you’re happy that under Levy & ENICS tenure we‘ve seen an improvement in our average league position from the previous 24yr period from 9th to 6th but over the same period, our trophy count has dropped from 5 to 1, that’s entirely up to you.

At the end of the day, if you’re happy that under Levy & ENICS tenure we‘ve seen an improvement in our average league position from the previous 24yr period from 9th to 6th but over the same period, our trophy count has dropped from 5 to 1, that’s entirely up to you.
Hoorah, finally an acceptance that people can have different opinions - someone who accepts that we can agree to disagree - great! :)

And I do think this is most likely the crux of the whole disagreement - one side believes trophies are a better indication of success, the other believes it's league position. There are obviously arguments for both, so the sooner we all accept that other fans may prefer the opposite measure to us, the better. :)

Sugar dug us out of a massive fucking hole, built 2 new stands, won a cup, over turned a potential relegation worthy 12 point deduction and sold us in rude health.

It's actual madness how much mud the Levy apologists fling his way. If you want to have ago at bad chairmen, it's probably Irving Scholar that nearly ruined us that needs some flack.

Or, you know, the chairman who has turned us into a well run club with nothing to cheer about.

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live
He also appointed the Gooner I most hated as Manager which I will never forgive him for.

I'm only responding in kind to your turn of a homophobic response backed up with multiple disagrees on multiple posts - with the same gang of people all disagreeing together on the same posts.

Even when I posted little more than Wikipedia stats of how many more league titles Woolwich had won than us when ENIC took over as you were factually wrong - you doubled down.

You can't tolerate being wrong though often are wrong - but you also can't and won't accept anything that could disprove your ENIC hatred logic.

It's a terrible personality trait to be so hateful, and a bully.

Sad Baby GIF by Bounce

Back
Top Bottom